No announcement yet.

Alan Scott vs. Hal Jordan in a streetfight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hal has an amazing record in battles sans-ring. Check out my GL Respect Thread (main page) for a bunch.

He definitely wins.
    Check out my blog! Reviews! Thoughts! Story ideas! Comics-Related-Ephemera!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Comment

Alan wins. Alan has a few back stories where he could take on just about anyone with no trouble before he even had a ring. For that matter, he tangled with some "toughs" even when he had the ring, but he didn't think to use it to defeat them.

Comment

Man, I like them both, so I would try to break up the fight first, but as I would fail I would have to believe Hal would win in a fistfight...

Comment

Though it is important to remember that while Alan has been active since 1939 -- 70 years -- Hal has only been an active GL off-and-on for about 7 years by best continuity reckoning.

I'm betting Alan has gotten into more ringless fistfights in 70 years than Hal has in his 7.

Comment

But he wasn't active for 70 years straight. He retired until the JSA was trapped in Valhalla, which was after COIE (chronologically, he probably came out of retirement to fight COIE). Only after Armageddon Inferno (in the early 90's) did Alan actually return to our reality. And who knows when that happened anymore...

Okay, the time in Valhalla was wierd. The JSA travelled back in time to the 40's and merged with their Norse counterparts and fought Ragnarok over and over again until Armageddon inferno sent replacements. Even then he seemed to use his ring when he was revived after he died.

Really, I can't think of even one instance of when Alan didn't use his ring to help him since then. For Hal, you got GL 25 and his streetfight with Sinestro (granted, Kyle had his back). That's off the top of my head.

Comment

Nah, I say Hal all the way...

Comment

Originally posted by Gauntlet101010 View Post
                For Hal, you got GL 25 and his streetfight with Sinestro (granted, Kyle had his back). That's off the top of my head.
                Yeah, Hal managing to beat up a guy who had no hand-to-hand combat experience and with backup (Kyle) might not be the best example to drag out.

Comment

See there seems to be no confirmation on whether, or not Sinestro has had any physical hand-to-hand training? Though as I recall it has been stated that Sinestro is a master of blade-esque weapons.

Anywho... I would give my vote towards Alan, but that is solely based on experience, and for a man that had to defend himself against a good hefty chunk of what covers this world as his prime weakness, and Nazis, and pushing over one hundred years in age.

Comment

Originally posted by zhivago View Post
                    Hal took Guy down. Hal took down the Bat God with one punch. Hal wins. I mean he punched the $$$$$ Batman. THE BATMAN.
                    It was written that way due to the storyline.In a perfect scenario, no matter how good Jordan is with his fight skills, Batman wears him out.He's on another level.But as far as Alan and Hal, it would probably be a draw.I'm thinking one is good another to hang with the other in a confrontation.

Comment

no idea who'd really win but i chose hal b/c of the military training(air force) and he had to defend himself in the korean war (New Frontier)

Comment

Any questions?

Leonidas:

The world will know that free men stood against a tyrant, that few stood against many, and before this battle was over, that even a god-king can bleed.

Comment

I say alan.

Comment

Yo.

Alan wasnt doing much against the Nazi's due to Hitler having the Spear of Destiny, and beating them up isnt any indicator of who wins here anyways.

however for my money I say Hal, becuz he fought a bear h2h and won.

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                            Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

well, since all Hal would have to do is use wood against him, I'm going to say Hal would win. (Since Alan's ring is useless against wood)

Comment

All I know is I wanna know if Alan's ring will do the 'Fisticuffs Enabled' thing. I know its a completely different ring, based on space magic and not Oan tech, but still.
                                Spiral power shining bright!
                                Anti-spirals flee from sight!
                                Piercing heavens near and far!
                                Green Lantern Corps, WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!

Comment

Working...
                                X