Geoff Johns in trouble?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
    Ok say a investigation does happen and nothing was found and ray fisher still cant accept the decision and continues to go at wb when does it become a disgruntled employee or not political? Should he be fired or Should wb do a second investigation knowing the first one turned up nothing? How will ray fishers behavior of attacking his employer help his career? People wont wanna work with him because hes causing trouble.
    Ask my opinion on those specific hypotheticals when they come to pass. Right now, I'm just addressing the idea in general. I have no idea what actually happened in this case, I'm just saying that the GENERAL notions of expecting people to quit rather than complain, and the idea that it couldn't have been that bad if they DIDN'T quit, are not ideas I can support, even if I personally would probably go the "avoid serious confrontation" route.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
      And I don't blame you for going that route. I might well do the same. But just because we might do that doesn't mean I'm going to react negatively to someone who doesn't go that route, and tries to actually hold their employers accountable, and I'm not going to tell that person THEY should have quit, or insist that it couldn't have been that bad if they didn't do so.
      About 20 years ago, I worked at a job that seemed to get worse by the day. It wasn't one specific aspect that soured me on it, but many small things over time. Employees were asked to work overtime on the spur of the moment with no extra compensation. We were required to use our personal vehicles for work reasons with no correlating compensation. We were told that we had to store and administer any personal medications in our vehicles and never bring them into an agency building. These were a few of the things about which I complained during my time there. I was always answered with some version of "This is your job, and this is what we expect."

I reached my breaking point after the 3rd or 4th impromptu, all-day training. This was an assisted living type of job for people with disabilities where I took care of clients in the evening and stayed with them overnight. This last training meant that I couldn't go home for 2 days. I quit, but I used the intervening time between my notice and my last day to file a grievance. I made sure to point out that some of the practices at the agency were unethical, and in some cases, illegal. I did so not because I wanted the job back, but to prove a point.

Like you, I can't fairly judge the Fisher situation from afar. However, he's got every right to advocate for himself, regardless of the outcome.
      Big Blue Lantern
      Corps Honor Guard
      Last edited by Big Blue Lantern; 04-15-2021, 06:38 AM.
      Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

• If anybody claims that someone in Hollywood is an ass, I'm inclined to believe that person.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
          If anybody claims that someone in Hollywood is an ass, I'm inclined to believe that person.

Comment

• Besides that, we've seen good evidence that Geoff Johns was never the "golly gee whiz" character he presented himself as being.

Comment

• Fisher isn't happy with the investigation. He's requested a new investigator.
              https://www.google.com/amp/s/cosmicb...stigator%3famp
              Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

• Screw this Fisher guy!

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Blue Lantern View Post
                  Fisher isn't happy with the investigation. He's requested a new investigator.
                  https://www.google.com/amp/s/cosmicb...stigator%3famp
                  Sigh this entitled dbag will never be happy they should just get rid of him
                  .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

Sigh this entitled dbag will never be happy they should just get rid of him
                    The optics would be a horrendous if they did, and it's likely that WB has an internal policy that prevents any retaliatory action by the studio against this grievance. Especially given that Momoa is backing up Fisher's claims, WarnerMedia has to be extremely careful with how they handle this. This situation could get infinitely worse if it's botched.
                    Big Blue Lantern
                    Corps Honor Guard
                    Last edited by Big Blue Lantern; 09-22-2020, 05:41 PM.

Comment

• I don't think he made it up. I'd bet that he didn't.

Comment

The optics would be a horrendous if they did, and it's likely that WB has an internal policy that prevents any retaliatory action by the studio against this grievance. Especially given that Momoa is backing up Fisher's claims, WarnerMedia has to be extremely careful with how they handle this. This is situation could get infinitely worse if it's botched.
                        But when does a actor or employee become a huge problem for the studio? Say wb caves gives him what he wants regarding a new third party to investigate what else will he complain about if nothing is found? This guy is becoming a issue and disgruntled. Also if momoa really backs fisher and the power momoa has why dosent he threaten to leave aquaman if nothing is done? Lets be real zoe kravits is only catwoman because momoa is her step dad. Momoa has some pull. Im just saying if people think wb is so bad there in no rush to quit. Thats why i feel this is more about pc woke bs. Look at the awards wich was the oscars or whatever show recently it was black exclusive calling it a win for people of color. Funny thing is not one Latino at that show. Even white people were excluded. Hollywood has become so pc and woke its batshit crazy
                        TazzMission
                        Guardian of the Universe
                        Last edited by TazzMission; 09-22-2020, 05:54 PM.

Comment

But when does a actor or employee become a huge problem for the studio? Say wb caves gives him what he wants regarding a new third party to investigate what else will he complain about if nothing is found? This guy is becoming a issue and disgruntled. Also if momoa really backs fisher and the power momoa has why dosent he threaten to leave aquaman if nothing is done? Lets be real zoe kravits is only catwoman because momoa is her step dad. Momoa has some pull. Im just saying if people think wb is so bad there in no rush to quit. Thats why i feel this is more about pc woke bs. Look at the awards wich was the oscars or whatever show recently it was black exclusive calling it a win for people of color. Funny thing is not one Latino at that show. Even white people were excluded. Hollywood has become so pc and woke its batshit crazy
                          You hit on an important aspect of this investigation. WB has already had contract negotiation problems with Henry Cavill, development problems with Wonder Woman, and now a serious disagreement with Ray Fisher. The last thing the studio needs is Momoa calling them out for insufficiently addressing a workplace problem. The longer that this drags on while Fisher calls out WarnerMedia on social sites, the worse this is for the studio.

Comment

You hit on an important aspect of this investigation. WB has already had contract negotiation problems with Henry Cavill, development problems with Wonder Woman, and now a serious disagreement with Ray Fisher. The last thing the studio needs is Momoa calling them out for insufficiently addressing a workplace problem. The longer that this drags on while Fisher calls out WarnerMedia on social sites, the worse this is for the studio.
                            I just think its waisting everyones time . By no means am i sticking up for wb but with the world on hold with this virus and buiesnesses losing money and films being pushed back the last thing anyone wants to hear is a winey bitch entitled actor complaining . Its like mother fucker the world is about ( ray fisher ) you. Also henry cavil resigned to play superman in 3 more films. No word of mos 2 but i would guess he appears in flashpoint shazam maybe black Adam for those 3 films
                            TazzMission
                            Guardian of the Universe
                            Last edited by TazzMission; 09-23-2020, 05:12 AM.

Comment

I just think its waisting everyones time . By no means am i sticking up for wb but with the world on hold with this virus and buiesnesses losing money and films being pushed back the last thing anyone wants to hear is a winey bitch entitled actor complaining . Its like mother fucker the world is about ( ray fisher ) you. Also henry cavil resigned to play superman in 3 more films. No word of mos 2 but i would guess he appears in flashpoint shazam maybe black Adam for those 3 films
                              The pandemic and the unemployment rate are irrelevant to this situation. I'm sure there are employees filing grievances at businesses all over the country in 2020. He's just more high-profile. From the consistency of his claims and the ardor by which he's pursing vindication, it's clear that *he believes* that he was wronged in some egregious way. As his employer, Warnermedia has no choice but to investigate his claims thoroughly.

Comment

• Apparently he's demanding double pay from wb and multiple scenes in the flashpoint movie according to the Hollywood reporter. People still want to argue this guy dosent have a ego or agenda? I guess this negates his wb is racist bs. Also it was announced by variety and the rock that hawkman will be portrayed by aldis hodge in black Adam. No knock on him but hawkman aint black. Dc wb with there woke identity politics agenda
                                TazzMission
                                Guardian of the Universe
                                Last edited by TazzMission; 09-26-2020, 02:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X