Hal Jordan and the GLC #39 *Spoilers*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hal Jordan and the GLC #39 *Spoilers*

It's not that I DIDN'T like the issue... it's just that there wasn't much that happened. John and Guy figure out what's up with Kyle, John talks to the Guardians, and the GLC rush to Zod's new HQ to get Hal. However the fight hasn't started yet...

Next issue can't get here quick enough.

~//V\\~
    0.00%
    0.00%
    100.00%
    0.00%
    0.00%

I like this arc so far, Venditti is still getting the characterizations on point. I do wish more had happened as well, but that is typical for the writer.

Comment

Yeah, I'm not loving it, but I still like reading it and it's got fun bits. The joke about Salaak being too emotional was good.

Comment

Yes, but Kyle's injuries only got first aid, even back on Mogo in the containment unit. At least one part of continuity, the part about Green Lantern rings being unable to heal, just provide bindings and a little support, appears to be consistent with this issue.

Also, I don't like Zod's insistence that Eradicator finish analyzing Kyle's GL ring, no matter what. If we still had the yellow weakness, I'd be worried, but now I think there's some obscure Guardian encoding that the Eradicator's going to uncover.

Or else make mature and efficient anti-GL weaponry.

Comment

So who do they have for Guardians in the comics currently?

Comment

They just came back and took command, but John is like their new chief agent. Sort of what I imagine part of Salaak's old job was.

~//V\\~

Comment

Is it Ganthet, Sayd and the six LARPers?

Comment

I can't remember how many there were, there was one or two who were killed to make the new Controllers. There's only 6 or 7 total now, all named, including Ganthet and Sayd.

~//V\\~

Comment

So they killed off two of the six templar Guardians amd made them into Controllers? I suppose that would leave six with Sayd and Ganthet.

I miss the days when the Guardians numbers were at 35 and 36 members. I don't like this idea that the Guardians and the GLC itself exist in a constant state of near extinction. It got old years ago.

Comment

I agree. GL's have been shown to create something of a planet before, so constructing a new Oa isn't out of the question. And now that the Guardians are back hopefully the Corps numbers will go up again cause seeing the same 5-10 GL's in the background got old after Edge of Oblivion.

I *really* wanna see some GL's based on popular alien races in the DCU. Another Tamaranian would be cool, a couple aliens from the LoSH could be nice like a triplicate man from Cargg or a magnetic powered person from Braal.

EDIT: Kyle should totally be able to bring more Guardians back to life unless that ability was lost with his first GL ring ages ago. IDK if the torchbearer element was in his ring or in himself, but even if it was in his ring Mogo absorbed it during the Ion maxi series. Was the ring Kyle got at the end of Sinestro Corps War just a duplicate of someone's?

~//V\\~
                    Ωmega Man
                    Guardian of the Universe
                    Last edited by Ωmega Man; 03-11-2018, 01:50 AM.

Comment

I don't want them to make a new Oa, I want the OLD Oa back. Do some lame "plucking a split second out of the time stream" thing like they have done in comics before. They did it with the pre Crisis Superboy and it worked. They saved Hourman that way. Just go back in time and pull a rabbit out of a hat for me. I want buildings tech and structures that have some sense of history and mythology to them, not a constant feeling of the paint not being dry before they blow it up yet again.

I suppose if they did, someone like Zod would just destroy it again lol

Comment

This issue got a big yawn from me during the Guardians scene. They really reverted to type right friggin' away, didn't they? I mean, what was the point of having these new ones if they're going to act exactly like the same old control freak jerks?? I hope that whoever takes over from Venditti is able to make them more interesting and challenging.

Comment

Kyle's ring (and lantern?) got depowered ages ago, so Kyle's ring/lantern is no better than any of the other GLC rings.

This storyline's making Hal Jordan's ring the unique one.

Kyle also failed spectacularly to bring back the Blue Lantern Corps from the dead, the same way Sinestro couldn't bring back the planet Koragar when he took Kyle's white ring from him in one episode. So there's been multiple depowering of Kyle over the last two years.

As for the new Guardians, why didn't John Stewart demand they stop wearing the red/white robes and be Templar Guardians among the GLC members, as shown in GL #20's future? It would be much better to have Guardians replace the Alpha Lanterns' positions, rather than be another High Council.

Someone answer me this: if Hal Jordan et al are fighting Zod & family, where's Sodam Yat? If Zod's kid is making fun of beating up Guy Gardner, then bring in the Daxamite with a power ring. Someone who doesn't get beat up by the superfast Kryptonians when their willpower flickers.

Comment

Poll added. Review posted.

Comment

Working...
                            X