This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blake Neely & Sherri Chung To Score The CW’s ‘Batwoman’

Blake Neely & Sherri Chung are set to compose the music for the upcoming CW drama Batwoman. The show is developed by Caroline Dries & Greg Berlanti based on the DC Comics characters and stars Ruby Rose in the title role, alongside Meagan Tandy, Camrus Johnson, Nicole Kang, Rachel Skarsten, Dougray Scott and Elizabeth Anweis. The series centers on Kate Kane as she soars onto the streets of Gotham as Batwoman. Berlanti (Love, Simon, Everwood) & Dries (The Vampire Diaries) are also executive producing the Warner Bros. Television production with Sarah Schechter (Black Lightning, Doom Patrol) & Geoff Johns (Justice League, Titans), David Nutter (Game of Thrones) and Marcos Siega (The Following) who also directed the pilot episode. Batwoman has just been picked up to series and will premiere this coming TV season on The CW.

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2019/05...-cws-batwoman/

Comment

• Variety: Robert Pattinson to Play ‘The Batman’ for Matt Reeves and Warner Bros.

A Christopher Nolan movie and then Batman. He's living his best life.

Comment

• Give me Rami Malek as the Riddler and let Pattinson be the first on-screen Batman to do actual detective work. Turn it into a smart heist movie.

Comment

• + YouTube Video
          ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

• Wonder Woman shows Jessica some tough love:

+ YouTube Video
            ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
            Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

• DC should show her some much tougher love, by getting rid of her.

Comment

• The Wrap: ‘Batman’ Comic Writer Tom King to Co-Write ‘The New Gods’ Screenplay With Ava DuVernay

Comment

• 100% confirmed

Comment

• Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
                    DC should show her some much tougher love, by getting rid of her.
                    Don't hold your breath on that one. Even bigger things are in her future.
                    Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Blue Lantern View Post
                      Don't hold your breath on that one. Even bigger things are in her future.
                      Your crush on her is very strange.

Comment

• I don't think it's a crush as much as DC not wanting the Justice League to be five white dudes, a European woman and a green Martian anymore in 2019. Which you might call virtue signalling or just going with the times, I don't want to open that can of worms here.
                        But because DC never learns that removing any of the Big 7 from the League hurts the League, instead of adding Black Canary, Zatanna, Hawkgirl, Mary Marvel or any of the non-caucasian DC characters (Black Lightning, Steel, Aztek, Dr. Light II), they think that swapping out Green Lanterns or Atoms or whatever is just as good, with the added bonus of royalties for whoever created them. It isn't. But they will never learn.

Comment

• You make a good point that DC and Marvel's pursuit of "diversity" has been pretty much about SUBSTITUTING minority characters for established majority characters. Of course that was never going to be well received, and to this day they have never figured it out.

The second part of the problem is that writers are motivated by royalties to create their own versions of established characters.

The third part is that print comics long ago stopped being a growth industry, which means that creating more and more versions of established characters is a zero-sum game, as the established characters will get less and less camera time and their fans will grow more and more alienated about it.

Comment

• It's a game you can't win. If you don't have minority characters at all, you're missing out on a lot of potential readers. If you create new roles for minority characters, nobody is going to buy those new books. If you swap out established characters for minorities, then people are going to miss the original characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
                              Your crush on her is very strange.
                              I didn't think that I was going to like the character at first. She seemed to have a belabored one-note tale. But since then DC has developed her into a well-rounded character who has to balance her own inner war with the external ones of being a hero. That's why her rise has been one of the biggest positives in the last 5 years of the Green Lantern franchise. With the movie failing to spawn a sequel, GL's most heralded writer in decades gone, and the TV series cut short, there have been far too few things that are capturing mainstream attention and making new fans. She has been the exception.

Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
                              It's a game you can't win. If you don't have minority characters at all, you're missing out on a lot of potential readers. If you create new roles for minority characters, nobody is going to buy those new books. If you swap out established characters for minorities, then people are going to miss the original characters.
                              I think GL is the exception to the problems that other types of stories have. As a naturally huge story with a large group of protagonists, there's always room for new characters without them being detrimental to preexisting ones. Jessica's increasing popularity isn't hindering Hal's solo renaissance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
                                It's a game you can't win. If you don't have minority characters at all, you're missing out on a lot of potential readers. If you create new roles for minority characters, nobody is going to buy those new books. If you swap out established characters for minorities, then people are going to miss the original characters.
                                WHAT?

Comment

Working...
                                X