Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favorite story arc of a comic EVER?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your favorite story arc of a comic EVER?

Thought I'd put this thread up to mirror the single issue version. What say you?

For this thread, try to think of an actual arc you like. Avoid the temptation of just listing an entire series; ie, you may have loved Preacher, but maybe it's "Gone To Texas" that was your favorite arc. Avoid simply saying "every issue of Green Lantern EVAR!

Trade paprerbacks are a great source for this list; DC and marvel thought they did so well that they collected them!

Also, keep it to ongoing series, not mini series.
    Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
    Moisture Farmer
    Last edited by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker; 06-23-2009, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Daredevil: Born Again

Comment

AWESOME choice! I just upgraded my trade with the nice hardcover they just did.

Comment

Lol- I'm bidding on it right now on ebay

Comment

Originally posted by unclegnewman View Post
            Daredevil: Born Again
            YES!

But my Favorite Arc will always be:
            Daredevil: Devil in Block D.
            I was sooooo Pissed when this "New" guy Brubaker was taking Bendis'es Comic away, but when I read this, I was so blown away that I just haven't found an Arc like it ever since.

Either that, or the Sidekicks arc from Young Avengers.

Comment

The Flash: Blitz. Favorite story ever, if not that then Gotham Central: Half A Life or Batman R.I.P.

Comment

Yo.

the "Surtur forges & ignites his sword Twilight" -storyline from Thor from off the top of my head, but its not the only 1.......

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

I desperately want to go with a Green Lantern arc, but I don't want the newness of it to influence me. At the moment I'm really in love with Green Lantern #10-25, but it's technically different arcs. So I think I'm going to go with something that my love of has survived the test of time, lol.

Honestly, I may have to go with the Return Of Barry Allen, by Mark Waid and Greg LaRocque.

Comment

The one I REALLY want to use is an arc of Green Lantern that was done by two different writers. Len Wein wrote GL until Steve Englehart picked up the reigns from him, continuing plotlines he started. Basically, my all time favorite run or arc of an ongoing series was GL vol 2 #175-200. Englehart stayed on the book after #200, but the title went in a completely different direction.

That run had it all: Hal comes back to Earth after the Guardians exile, makes a commitment to Carol, quits the Corps, John officially becomes the GL of sector #2814, falls in love with his trainer Katma Tui, Guy comes out of his coma as an anti hero, the Guardians are divided in how to face the Anti-Monitor and several of them are killed, Hal goes on a personal quest for the love of his life, only to lose her to the Star Saphire, Hal tries to get a ring back. the GLs have to team up with many villains, and the big battle royale on the moon of Qward. Add to that the Oans departing with the Zamarons for a big orgy and leaving the Corps to fend for itself? THAT was a hell of a story!
                    Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
                    Moisture Farmer
                    Last edited by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker; 06-23-2009, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Green Arrow: Quiver
                      Because... like... duh.
                      Do good. Be well. Make happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Caleb Lancaster View Post
                        But my Favorite Arc will always be:
                        Daredevil: Devil in Block D.
                        I was sooooo Pissed when this "New" guy Brubaker was taking Bendis'es Comic away, but when I read this, I was so blown away that I just haven't found an Arc like it ever since.
                        You know Bendis came up with the idea for the story, right?

But yes, that's one of the best DD arcs ever.
                        The Best Comic Site Ever!!!

Comment

Favorite arc, eh?

Oh, lord.

Well, off the top of my head...

Casanova: Gula

But, since you all love mainstream comics, and keeping with the DD theme:

Actually, there are other, better mainstream arcs, but that's a great one. And I love Daredevil and Kevin Smith.
                          The Best Comic Site Ever!!!

Comment

Runaways vol. 1, 1-18.
                            Michael Heide
                            Heide Finition
                            Last edited by Michael Heide; 06-24-2009, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Well if my favorite comic is the death of superman then my favorite arc is

Say cheese!

Comment

Working...
                              X