The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Green Lantern on the Screen
FLASHCHAT

GL in Animation

Old 05-22-2015, 06:25 AM   #126
TazzMission
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane2814 View Post
It's a lot easier to introduce GL into this universe than say Superman, because if anything big happens, you could always say that Hal was busy in space. (where he really should be most of the time - it's a big sector out there)
does anybody even have an idea for a choice of a actor for cw tv hal? the closest i can think of is Nikolaj Coster-Waldau from game of thrones and i really do believe hal has to be older.

Last edited by TazzMission; 05-22-2015 at 06:28 AM.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 10:48 AM   #127
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

He would have been fantastic ten years ago.
Old 05-23-2015, 11:23 PM   #128
TazzMission
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Davos View Post
He would have been fantastic ten years ago.
he can be tv hal. i believe hal needs to be older pretty much the same age as the real harrison wells

as for a film id say chris pine will do it godly
Old 05-24-2015, 01:39 AM   #129
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Chris Pine is my choice too.
Old 05-25-2015, 04:17 AM   #130
Big Blue Lantern
Corps Honor Guard

Quote:
It's a lot easier to introduce GL into this universe than say Superman, because if anything big happens, you could always say that Hal was busy in space. (where he really should be most of the time - it's a big sector out there)
Quote:
That's a good point. How often in a solo movie or comic do you have to wonder why the hero's team mates didn't come in to help, especially when it always ends up with the Earth's destruction being the stakes? Hal being gone is always plausible.
I was wondering how WB is going to explain the GOTU sitting on their little blue thumbs while Krypton not only got destroyed but a gang of interstellar villains develop superpowers and begin harvesting worlds. What in blue blazes was going on in sector 2813 and 2814 that not one GL could be dispatched to help?
Fear the banners and the Wildcat bite!
Big Blue Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 01:37 PM   #131
IonFan
Forum Member

well in the comics they tried to help Krypton but the GL they sent just wasn't fasts enough and the planet blow up right before his eyes

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k the "Deep-State" and screw all the fake news, one year in and I still support our President one
Donald J. Trump
IonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 04:50 AM   #132
TazzMission
Banned

Quote:
Chris Pine is my choice too.
you know he would make a great barry allan also now that i think of it. i dont know shit on the guy they casted ezra miller but ill give him a chance only because i was one of the haters who didnt like the idea of a glee star for tv flash and i have to say gustin really did well. i guess its true what the old saying says wich is never judge a book by its cover
Old 05-29-2015, 08:54 AM   #133
Deadpool
Fight like a man: with your words, not your fists.

I was thinking Colin Donnell would make a good Hal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Caesar View Post
If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker View Post
I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.
Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 02:53 PM   #134
Kane2814
Weaponer of Qward

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
does anybody even have an idea for a choice of a actor for cw tv hal? the closest i can think of is Nikolaj Coster-Waldau from game of thrones and i really do believe hal has to be older.
I think he could be a good Hal, but not for the WB. In terms of interacting with Barry, it makes more sense to me that Hal be a young hotshot and Barry's peer so that they could learn from each other rather than have a big bro/little bro dynamic if Hal were older. Every soft-spoken guy needs that one extroverted friend to get them into trouble!
Kane2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 03:24 PM   #135
TazzMission
Banned

Quote:
I think he could be a good Hal, but not for the WB. In terms of interacting with Barry, it makes more sense to me that Hal be a young hotshot and Barry's peer so that they could learn from each other rather than have a big bro/little bro dynamic if Hal were older. Every soft-spoken guy needs that one extroverted friend to get them into trouble!
maybe im just opinionated but i feel the relationship between barry and hal can be somewhat of a mentor relationship ( luke/obiwan) wich is why i strongly feel hal should be somewhat older. in the show barry is 25 so hal should at least be early 40's or riht around diggles age whatever it is in arrow.

wile i do believe flash was flawless for its first season i always loved the moments between barry and joe with the deep conversations they have. and wile i love arrow i believe thats what season 3 was missing
Old 06-14-2015, 06:32 AM   #136
greenblogger
Fatality's Blacksmith

Quote:
Yup! Would prefer a WB Hal to be somewhat the same age as Barry.
greenblogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 12:40 AM   #137
Kane2814
Weaponer of Qward

Looking at it from the other side for a minute and the context of the show, Barry has had three fathers. A new older man in Barry's life who represents something other than what his other fathers have been teaching him could be interesting if Hal were more of a regular. Since Hal has already disappeared from Ferris, maybe it'd be interesting if Barry knew Hal, but Green Lantern would only be seen in news stories having his own adventures apart from the show and similar to Wells, Hal would be keeping a secret from Barry (although a much less malevolent one) which could create tension until the big reveal that Hal was actually GL near the end of the season and they'd have one big adventure together (budgets being what they are) After that, Hal could just disappear into space for awhile.

Still, it would have to be a B-story for the season since the show still has to be about Barry and his own personal struggles.
Kane2814 is offline   Reply With Quote