• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vibe and Snapper Carr.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
      Vibe and Snapper Carr.

I'm all over Snapper. He was in the Hal story I wrote. I forgot to mention that he'd be in Stretchers, working for Ralph and Patrick at the weekly.

Comment

A recurring mini might be the best place for Legion too.

Comment

Etrigan the Demon. Not goofy like, but more scary like the Matt Wagner mini series.

Comment

The Golden Age JSA is being brought to the present world from 1951 as fish out of water. That was my idea, which DC hasn't acknowledged me for. But anyway, we should also get a recurring mini of JSA stories set in the Forties and Fifties.

Comment

Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
              A recurring mini might be the best place for Legion too.
              I feel bad for Legion fans. It always seemed like GL and Legion were kind of fandom-cousins. IMO there should always be a Legion title, like there should Teen Titans or JSA

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
                I feel bad for Legion fans. It always seemed like GL and Legion were kind of fandom-cousins. IMO there should always be a Legion title, like there should Teen Titans or JSA
                I think it doesn't sell well because it's set in the future and thus isn't part of the shared universe. I think it would do fine as a recurring mini though.

Comment

Peacemaker! I always had a soft spot for that guy.

Comment

Booster Gold and Firestorm could star in a recurring mini.

(Blue Beetle is going to be busy in the Charlton team title I proposed at CBR and that I think DC is going to launch.)

Comment

I suppose Peacemaker will be in the Charlton ongoing too.

Comment

IDK about a lot of these ideas TS. Tossing a couple stretchy characters into Gotham when it's already got a family of vigilantes and detectives doesn't sound right. I'd much rather just have a serious Plastic Man mini [possibly with art by EVS!].

With Legion I've always felt the biggest detractor is that "All the good supervillains are in the 21st century...". It also doesn't help that NONE of the heroic legacies remained in their century, and by that I mean there's nobody calling themselves the Flash or Green Arrow or anything like that. I'm not saying all of today's heroes should be represented, but one or two would be more believable than none at all. A little more info about the United Planets would be nice, and some original supervillains. With their HQ in Metropolis there should ALWAYS be a Luthor around the corner somewhere.

Legion is also the one where they kinda stick to their guns and don't stray too far from what's come before. Sure there's two dozen members to come and go, but the majority of them have been around for decades, and that includes those crappy Legion Academy characters like Comet Queen. I think a reboot with new heroes based on existing cannon and aliens would be best. There hasn't been much excitement as far as new members go, which is why an entire new team would help the franchise the best. A female Brainiac perhaps, Ultra Girl, maybe a boy from Cargg called Trinity.... just for giggles I'd make a reincarnated Hawkman a member as Hawkboy or as a villain nobody realizes is an elderly Hawkman trying to do some good. And if I couldn't do that, just make it a male character from Dawnstar's space colony.

~//V\\~

Comment

If they were going to do that (and maybe I'm not the best person to offer an opinion because I'm not a Legion fan), maybe doing a Legion "TNG" might be a solution to people who want new ground, but not at the expense of pissing all over old continui...ties. Set a title in the year 3100, a hundred years or so after the events of whichever version of the timeline they want to use, and go with a new cast, maybe including a few old ones. Be what Picard and crew was to Kirk's crew of the Enterprise.

Comment

I'd definitely set it up after whatever events had the Legion splitting up in the last series. I wouldn't go a hundred more years forwards, but one or two wouldn't be so bad. Maybe in that bit of in between time a few legacy heroes could show up before a new Legion gets off the ground. And maybe an older scarred member of the Legion's past could be their mentor.

~//V\\~

Comment

Or you could set it up in a new universe rather than one of the three [or four now?] Legion continuities. Maybe sometime after the last clone JL 3001 group gets taken down..? That legacy element would already be there and you could mix the best of both worlds with new interpretations of classic Legionnaires as well as originals and gender swapped characters. IDK if the United Planets was a thing in JL 3000/3001 though...

~//V\\~

Comment

Blackhawk! What's Howard Chaykin doing?

Comment

Working...
                                X