Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Sector 0
FLASHCHAT

Sector 0

Old 06-07-2017, 11:32 PM   #26
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
I'm a fan of the Dark Shadows television series of the 60s and 70s . . .
I didn't known you were a shadows fan. I've been watching through my set. I'm past the switch in Victoria actresses, but before the alternate timelines (which I knew were coming from some stuff I've read). I've loved the show (the only soap I've watched) and was glad to meet some of the actors at a con.
Old 06-08-2017, 12:12 AM   #27
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
I didn't known you were a shadows fan. I've been watching through my set. I'm past the switch in Victoria actresses, but before the alternate timelines (which I knew were coming from some stuff I've read). I've loved the show (the only soap I've watched) and was glad to meet some of the actors at a con.
A big fan. It was canceled because most of its viewers were kids who hurried home to watch it in the afternoons, and the sponsors had no interest in reaching them. But it was also floundering at the end from the confusing timeline switches, an attempt to turn Jonathan Frid into a leading man and then Frid's leaving the show.
Trey Strain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 01:18 AM   #28
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
A big fan. It was canceled because most of its viewers were kids who hurried home to watch it in the afternoons, and the sponsors had no interest in reaching them. But it was also floundering at the end from the confusing timeline switches, an attempt to turn Jonathan Frid into a leading man and then Frid's leaving the show.
Yeah, my stepdad and especially his sister were right in that target group that ran home to see it.

I've heard about how confusing it gets at the end. Even hardcore fans say it's hard to follow at that point.

I have to say the show totally hooked me. I started watching (Instant Netflix used to have about a hundred episodes online) literally the day Frid died because I wanted to see what the big deal was and why he was so beloved. Within a month I was addicted and now I'd call myself a fan even though I have a lot of episodes to go.

Last edited by Space Cop; 06-08-2017 at 01:21 AM.
Space Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 06:20 PM   #29
Noct
Sinestro's Sparring Partner

About the topic of constructs or no constructs:
(I literally copyng and pasting this post)

I dont want to encourage this too much but... I guess It could work as a story arc. They all losing their ability to make constructs. We all know DC has been trying to nerf the GLs a lot since Hal returned. Only temporary of course I too prefer the constructs.

Having said that I dont think Kyle should lose his ability to make constructs since he is the one with the most imagination and redefined how complex the constructs can be. Also, I love his anime armors and over the top living constructs.

Edit:

Wait a min... now that I remember that did happened in Omega Men... Kyle was so low on power and couldnt recharge because was having a crisis of faith in his mission, in the Corps, in everything that he could only make basic weapons like swords and guns

Well, is not like Omega Men was the most critically acclaimed GL story or anything...wait

Did I just made a case for no constructs?

I think Im gonna add this to the Writers Guide to Green Lantern Mythos? thread. Sorry constructs fans (myself inlcuded) Im just too open mindend to not to

PS: um is there any way to made the pics smaller? also how do I put them in spoilers
Noct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 06:52 PM   #30
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

I'm not seeing anything there making the case for no constructs. What am I missing?
Old 06-10-2017, 07:20 PM   #31
Noct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
I'm not seeing anything there making the case for no constructs. What am I missing?
The story Tom King did in Omega Men wouldnt have be the same with constructs/full powered Kyle Rayner.
Old 06-10-2017, 07:44 PM   #32
Mister Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noct View Post
The story Tom King did in Omega Men wouldnt have be the same with constructs/full powered Kyle Rayner.
He's GOT constructs in the images you show there.

Besides, all that argues is that it is possible to tell a limited story with a de-powered GL, and that's been done many times before (and this one wasn't even in a GL title). That's a far cry from changing the status quo for the GLC to be one where the ring doesn't make constructs.

There's usually an interesting story to tell about ANY superhero making do with being at less than full strength. But generally that is temporary, and I think with good reason.
Old 06-10-2017, 08:03 PM   #33
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

God, could that art be any more horrible?

~//V\\~
Old 06-10-2017, 08:36 PM   #34
Noct

I could name few ways Kyle could have ended the war in the Vega System faster if he was using constructs / full power. And Just for fun I think I will

1 with an army of living constructs

2 teleport at the enemy HQ

3 OP anime armor

4 planet size hands

Old 06-10-2017, 08:43 PM   #35
Noct

Quote:
Originally Posted by -//V\\- View Post
God, could that art be any more horrible?

~//V\\~
Should Kyle be drawed more like Freddie Prinze Jr?
Old 06-10-2017, 08:45 PM   #36
Mister Ed

I think that artwork probably looks better at normal size. When it is huge, the sketchiness of it is really overemphasized, IMHO.
Old 06-11-2017, 03:40 PM   #37
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

There's maybe two panels in the entire series I've thought the art looked good. It works for characters like Tigorr, but the more human characters just look too inconsistent.

EDIT: In the pages shown, Kyle's mask quite literally goes from white/silver to black by the last page.

~//V\\~

Last edited by Ωmega Man; 06-11-2017 at 03:47 PM.
Ωmega Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 12:45 PM   #38
Noct

Now that you mentioned I think this was one of the best Kyles mask designs Ive seen, sadly it wast consistent. Anyway, good or bad artwork is relative, personally I liked the art in Omega Men.

PS: seriously no way to insert spoilers o made pics smaller?...cause I probably going to keep posting oversized pics XD
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KyleRaynerOmega.jpg (93.3 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by Noct; 06-12-2017 at 12:49 PM.
Old 06-12-2017, 01:20 PM   #39
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

Oh don't get me wrong I love a good crabmask, and as far as Kyle in any kind of black mask I always thought it was a subtle way to make his suit more his own around the Ion 2.0 phase. Only problem is half the artists out there don't know how to draw the crabmask consistently and when they put their own spin on it it usually looks like shit. I'm fine with a simplified or streamlined mask more in the shape of a standard domino mask [why do they call it a domino mask anyway?], but above [in the pages, that last image isn't bad]it looks like a viewfinder was melted onto his face.

~//V\\~
Old 06-12-2017, 01:22 PM   #40
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
PS: seriously no way to insert spoilers o made pics smaller?...cause I probably going to keep posting oversized pics XD
I've never seen anyone do spoiler images (I assume you mean where you'd have to highlight it to see the picture).

The only way to resize is to do it offsite yourself or piss off the mods enough that they go in and do it for you. To do it offsite, you'd have to download the pic, post it on an image site (like Flikr) and when you go to share it, change the size of display. It's a pain in the butt, which is why I only do for special times.
Old 06-12-2017, 03:57 PM   #41
Noct

Yeah it seem thats the only way, its a little more complicated for me since I only have an ipad not a pc(not even a lap) but yeah thanks for the help.
Old 06-12-2017, 04:06 PM   #42
Noct

Quote:
Originally Posted by -//V\\- View Post
Oh don't get me wrong I love a good crabmask, and as far as Kyle in any kind of black mask I always thought it was a subtle way to make his suit more his own around the Ion 2.0 phase. Only problem is half the artists out there don't know how to draw the crabmask consistently and when they put their own spin on it it usually looks like shit. I'm fine with a simplified or streamlined mask more in the shape of a standard domino mask [why do they call it a domino mask anyway?], but above [in the pages, that last image isn't bad]it looks like a viewfinder was melted onto his face.

~//V\\~
Ill probably do a post about artists eventually. Tony Bedard gave Kyle an awsome crabmask but failed in almost everything else, art, continuity, and that awful bulky Kyle body...
Old 06-12-2017, 04:22 PM   #43
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Yeah it seem thats the only way, its a little more complicated for me since I only have an ipad not a pc(not even a lap) but yeah thanks for the help.
I've done it with an iPad before (I do about half my posting here from an iPad and all of it when I'm away from home), but as you say, it's more complicated that way.