The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > General > General/About Us
FLASHCHAT

General

Old 04-12-2014, 05:55 PM   #51
Deadpool
Fight like a man: with your words, not your fists.

Indeed. I'm great with colours! Do you have any more vests? I think a dark green one would look great on you, maybe a double breasted one.

Glad you like it! Meh, I can see your point. To be honest I can't be sure how much I'd wear it until I actually buy it (if I ever do, I'll try to persuade my parents to buy it for my upcoming Birthday, it helps that my mother likes it). Would certainly look awesome at conventions plus it should hopefully suit me as I'm also skinny and I have a Victorian house which would tone in well with it. Would probably replace my current leather jacket and my American Highschool jacket as my everyday coats. Although I can see this one being more of a summer and spring coat, I might still need a good old leather in the winter time!

AH yeah it certainly is and it certainly would! The best thing about it is apart from it's slim fitting again, it can work with any scene. It can work for tough guys with shaven hair and a hoodie underneath, it can work for bikers, it could even be pulled off for Goths and Steampunkers. And it's very practical too, keeps you nice and warm in the winter!

[EDIT]: SpaceCop, I think something like this might suit you well.

What do you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Caesar View Post
If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker View Post
I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Last edited by Deadpool; 04-12-2014 at 06:06 PM.
Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 07:48 PM   #52
Space Cop
The Dandy

Looks pretty cool.

I do have a striped green vest (not double vested; the blue is my only one in that style) and tie set, but I don't wear it too much because it's rather bold (I always gets comments) and the pockets are fakes (that's a real pet peeve of mine for some reason).

I have 10 vests/waistcoats. I haven't bought any in a while since I don't have a job and tend to stay home a lot. When I did last work I wore a shirt, vest, and tie every day. If I got an office job again I'd do the same.
Old 04-12-2014, 07:59 PM   #53
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

I hate leather.
Old 04-12-2014, 10:19 PM   #54
Deadpool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
Looks pretty cool.

I do have a striped green vest (not double vested; the blue is my only one in that style) and tie set, but I don't wear it too much because it's rather bold (I always gets comments) and the pockets are fakes (that's a real pet peeve of mine for some reason).

I have 10 vests/waistcoats. I haven't bought any in a while since I don't have a job and tend to stay home a lot. When I did last work I wore a shirt, vest, and tie every day. If I got an office job again I'd do the same.
Indeed it does.

Yeah, it does look rather bold. Yeah, I also hate fake pockets. Why can't they just give you real ones for Gods sake?

I'd say ten is enough, a good amount. I don't think I have any nowadays. I used to have about three when I was younger but I've grown out of them. A shame, I used to have this really nice one inherited from my cousin. It has a red/burgundy back to it and has a nice textured and patterned front a tiny bit like other waist coat I posted on the second page of this thread but with pinks and beiges instead of blues. it was single breasted, no collar and one of the four buttons had fell off however it was always my favourite waistcoat and bit of clothing in general, still have it but sadly it doesn't fit. It was age 7 I think but I'm a bit small for my age and I wore it until the very last day I could, it was just so great. Even when it was getting really tight and the shirt I wore underneath it shoed more than it would with another waist coat I still wore it, I just adored it to pieces. I was about what 11 or even 12 the last time I wore it, heck possibly into my early 13s although I doubt it. Sadly I think it certainly wouldn't fit me now I'm just over a month away from 16. A shame, It's a really nice piece. The other waist coat I brought was my first ever and was black with white pinstripes. It went with a three piece suit but I don't think I've ever had a full proper suit (apart from one my at the time best friend gave me, it was a blue one. To be honest I'm surprised my mother let me take it as she tends usually to have a thing about second hand things. Meh, she knew they were a clean family and I think he wore it once). Come to think of it that might have been a three piece suit. Hell, I did have a three piece suit after all! The final one was a casual waist coat, it was a blueish grey, had metal buttons and was you know, sort of crumpled like casual clothing can be. It came with a plain white granddad shirt and I brought it with my Aunt when I stayed to visit, it was my Birthday present from her. I wore the waistcoat more than the shirt I think which I only wore a handful of times.

Now I presume all the waistcoats are way too small for me, plus I think we gave that blue suit to a charity shop in the end anyway. So that's my waistcoat life. One day I might buy a new one, probably a more detailed one like my old favourite (my most common outfit for that which I always thought of as my default outfit was the waistcoat, my green blazer, my red shirt which was my favourite for a long time, although in later years I brought some grey shirts and they became my favourite, and I also wore them with the outfit later on, a straw hat and some form of tie. With the grey shirt I remember wearing a homemade dark blue cravat made out of a silky fabric, it was basically just a blue ribbon but I fashioned it into a cravat. I have a photo of it on my DSI I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
I hate leather.
How would you know, you've never tried it.
Quote:
If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
Quote:
Old 04-13-2014, 05:15 AM   #55
Big Blue Lantern
Corps Honor Guard

My new favorite jacket:

Old 04-13-2014, 10:44 AM   #56
Deadpool

Some other same coats from the same site as that wine coat I have my eye on.

This one's nice and unique. Double breasted, good colour and is a nice place between eccentric and pedestrian however I think it's slightly closer to the latter and would only really go that well with a shirt or something as opposed to my Y-Neck Granddad T shirts.

Now these funny enough were what I was looking at before and I was considering these, but then I saw the 8 button coat I want now and preferred that. But it's still an awesome looking coat, I probably for sure would have gone for black. I'm not really a white fan.
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Deadpool; 04-13-2014 at 02:02 PM.
Old 04-13-2014, 08:33 PM   #57
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Quote:

because these were sold out:

(Nike SB Blazer Elite Classic)
I ended up getting these for Xmas!

Trying to order this shirt now:

Old 04-13-2014, 09:29 PM   #58
Deadpool

Cool, they're good shoes. They probably suit most people so you know you have a good product.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-14-2014, 12:36 PM   #59
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Trying to order this shirt now:

What is it. I looked up 2PM and there's a Korean rock band with that name. Is it based on that?
Old 04-14-2014, 01:04 PM   #60
W.West

2PM is just the site I was trying to order from. The shirt is by Billionaire Boys Club/Ice Cream. The woman is the lead character from the (AMAZING) anime Ghost in the Shell, only she's sporting a bunch of Ice Cream clothing. I still haven't been able to find a site that ships to America yet though.

So last night I ordered this instead:

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-14-2014, 01:46 PM   #61
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
Some other same coats from the same site as that wine coat I have my eye on.

This one's nice and unique. Double breasted, good colour and is a nice place between eccentric and pedestrian however I think it's slightly closer to the latter and would only really go that well with a shirt or something as opposed to my Y-Neck Granddad T shirts.

Now these funny enough were what I was looking at before and I was considering these, but then I saw the 8 button coat I want now and preferred that. But it's still an awesome looking coat, I probably for sure would have gone for black. I'm not really a white fan.
What site is this from? I am loving that jacket at the top.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:22 PM   #62
Deadpool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern A-train View Post
What site is this from? I am loving that jacket at the top.
You have great taste good sir!

It's from a place called Thelees. The two at the bottom and that coat I'm after in the wine colour are also from there, it's a great shop. There's loads of things I like there, it's just one of those places!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-14-2014, 02:23 PM   #63
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Thanks!
Old 04-14-2014, 02:27 PM   #64
Deadpool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern A-train View Post
Thanks!
No worries dude! Glad you like it.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-11-2014, 06:26 PM   #65
Deadpool

Found this on Amazon for 9.99, considering buying it for my Birthday. Looks so unusual and would be a great excuse to wear double breasted things everyday!

It's a cardigan available in black or grey. Thoughts? Should I push for it?

Also fancy this one.

I'd either go for red or black. Not sure which though. It's around 25. Thoughts?
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Deadpool; 05-11-2014 at 06:33 PM.
Old 05-11-2014, 08:24 PM   #66
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:

I'd either go for red or black. Not sure which though. It's around 25. Thoughts?
Looks like what Michael Jackson would've worn to ride horses.
Could be alright on the right body. I'd definitely avoid the white, but you seem to agree with that.

BTW: you post a lot of wants, but what's the most steampunk or old fashioned thing you actually wear now?
Old 05-11-2014, 09:24 PM   #67
Deadpool

Haha, lol. The white looks a bit too Duran Duran if you know what I mean. Plus I have the right body (I think), these are slim fit and I'm very slim, so it should work. White sucks. I just never really liked the colour much in general. White things in that style look either too 80s or emo pop.

Yeah, I do post a lot of wants, lol. Well I do plan to buy a lot of these wants soon, but as of now steampunk wise, I haven't gotten that far. I feel ashamed. I used to have quite a bit, such as those waist coats I mentioned. Shirts, ties and the lot I used to have so much of but I grew out of all those. For a time I just tried to fit in with everyone, that's about three years ago now. Now I'm getting back to my routes. Sadly I can't really think of anything very steampunk right now. I'll almost certainly buy something good at some point for my Bday or some time soon at least. I wear a lot of granddad T shirts (the T-Shirts with three so buttons) which a lot of youngsters (particularly Americans) wear, but they would easily go with waist coats and the likes. I wear jeans (usually bootcut but one or two pairs of straight) and my main coats as of now are a 50s style baseball American jacket (which I'm not overly fond of) and a traditional biker style leather jacket (think Terminator). But I'm tired of going for the "rock and roll" style, I want to sort of go for a more gentleman like theme. I got a haircut on Saturday, it looks a bit like Brother Blood's on Arrow and like some of Rick Astley's styles. It's very short on the sides (about grade 2 or so with it slightly shorter than that nearer the bottom to give a shorter feel) and has a bit of a quiff at the front, which I'm continuing to grow. It can look quite rock and roll when I wear my leather (again I iterate, a look I'm trying to avoid), when just wearing my shirts at home I look a bit like something out of The Vampire Diaries (not a bad look at all), sometimes I look a bit like Rick Astley (yay!) and at school I could look like anything. But that look would also work with slight Steampunk elements.

I went to an antiques and collectors fair today, I was slightly on the lookout for a pocket watch and chain, but I couldn't find a cheap one I liked the look of. Maybe I'll just buy a normal steampunk one somewhere. My thinking is to be experimental, and a pocket watch a chain would look all-right with a leather jacket! That would be the beginning of my Steampunkyness. I usually wear white trainers which I have grown really tired with. So when shopping for new school shoes (black trainers now, regular school shoes are a rip off, uncomfortable and they try and make you buy in sizes too small so you buy new ones more often) and to my delight I pretty much found the perfect new casual shoes. They're basically were brown trainers with white soles but they didn't look too sporty but not too much like old people shoes. They were ideal, but much to my bemusement they didn't have them in my size, by half a size too! I've found out that in trainer size, I'm 8 and a half and the smallest they had was size nine. That's a great big middle finger in the face. Shame, would have looked quite good with my hybrid style of steampunk.

So yeah, hopefully before long I should have something more steampunk to wear! Any ideas bro?
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-11-2014, 09:30 PM   #68
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
...But I'm tired of going for the "rock and roll" style, I want to sort of go for a more gentleman like theme....
Believe it or not, I actually have a 50s style jacket. I'll see if I can find a pic of it. One girl I used to hang with loved it.

Quote:
I went to an antiques and collectors fair today, I was slightly on the lookout for a pocket watch and chain, but I couldn't find a cheap one I liked the look of. Maybe I'll just buy a normal steampunk one somewhere. ...
If I didn't have two pocket watches (plus a belt watch), I would get the Time Lord watch, which they sell and which looks very steam:

[IMG][QUOTE=Deadpool;840306][/IMG]
Old 05-11-2014, 09:44 PM   #69
Deadpool

[QUOTE=Space Cop;840308]Believe it or not, I actually have a 50s style jacket. I'll see if I can find a pic of it. One girl I used to hang with loved it.

If I didn't have two pocket watches (plus a belt watch), I would get the Time Lord watch, which they sell and which looks very steam:

[IMG]
Quote:
[/IMG]
Ah right, cool. 50s isn't really my style though....Cool, get it up man!!!! FYI, mine's blue with light grey sleeves.

I have a plastic toy version of that lying around somewhere. Looks a bit steampunk but not personally my style. I prefer gold for a start, although it doesn't go with everything, which is the problem with gold. But even with silver, I personally prefer more detailed stuff. When it comes to watches though, I prefer genuine antique style as opposed to steampunk (save for a few exceptions). I'd probably go for a gold pocket watch with a lot of engraving onto it, although I doubt gold would work with my current leather. Hmm....maybe I'll have to go silver.....or both.....or maybe none......I'll see what happens with the new clothes I'll (hopefully) get. Just thought, a pocket watch would probably go nicely with one of those double breasted cardigans!!!! Oh yes, I really should buy one of those now!!!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-11-2014, 09:59 PM   #70
Deadpool

Really when it comes to the Steampunk world, right now I'm mainly dominant in the prop and house side of it all. I have so many old flint lock and percussion guns (but rifles and pistols), some of which will be mounted on the study wall and the others be placed inside a collectables cupboard. We have a Victorian terrace house, but not a normal one that most people have, we live in the main part of the old coat guards house built in the late Victorian era. It's the biggest house of the terrace, the most famous, and pretty much the best. We collect old furniture as well (the older the better), we have lots of genuine antique collectables, mainly military these days. Tons of Nazi stuff (na I'm not a racist, at least I don't think I am. ), British, foreign, all sorts! Today we brought a Victorian naval ceremonial hat. Very nice and could could count as Steampunk. But I'm getting there, I want to expand into clothing too!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-11-2014, 11:36 PM   #71
Space Cop
The Dandy

Well, here's the jacket. I got it before I went more Victorian-Edwardian (guess I was leaning toward retro already). I still like it as an Autumn windbreaker when I'm not getting dressed up:

Old 05-11-2014, 11:46 PM   #72
Space Cop
The Dandy

And here's my watch (cover, back, clock face):

Old 05-12-2014, 12:28 AM   #73
W.West

I was gonna buy this hoodie, but real hoodie season is over. Hopefully it'll be available for the low come fall.
Old 05-12-2014, 03:42 PM   #74
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

I recently bought some clearanced-priced orange Aero Mania Jordans at the Nike outlet that match all of my SF Giants gear.

Old 05-12-2014, 04:02 PM   #75
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Tags
deadpool spawned thread