• Originally posted by Hypo View Post
    This is the greatest creative team of all time:
    Ha. They were born for their jobs.

Comment

• HA!

Comment

• That's a funny goof.

Comment

• Bob Schreck got the cover credits wrong three months in a row, and then all of a sudden he was no longer the editor of Green Lantern. I don't know whether that had anything to do with his departure, but if not then the timing of it was certainly a coincidence.
          Trey Strain
          Guardian of the Universe
          Last edited by Trey Strain; 08-22-2017, 05:15 PM.

Comment

• Maybe those goofs were signs of bigger problems behind the scenes. DC probably cut him loose for a number of things, and fans only see the product itself.

Comment

• LCS got in extra copies of Metal. I flipped through it, and found awkwardness in abundance.

Mongol has never, ever interested me, and the whole "Let's become Voltron!" moment was just bizarre. From there, it got either run-of-the-mill or weird, but I think Superman summed it up well when he commented how a being older than the universe has been conspiring against Batman/the Wayne bloodline for (tens of) thousands of years.

I did enjoy seeing Kendra Saunders again. If the issues are still there when I go back next week, I might grab it just for her, but unless these "Dark JLA" parodies are pretty interesting, then this is flip-through-only material.
              Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Read (flipped through) Metal #2.

Liked some of the Metal Villains designs, but some (Metal Doomsday/Joker) were weak. The story is still absurdly convoluted and I won't be able to comprehend much of it (if any of it) until I can actually get a personal copy and digest it steadily. As it looks, I doubt I'll get the trade, because the whole thing is just a silly attempt at being ultra hardcore the more I look at it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                  Read (flipped through) Metal #2.

Liked some of the Metal Villains designs, but some (Metal Doomsday/Joker) were weak. The story is still absurdly convoluted and I won't be able to comprehend much of it (if any of it) until I can actually get a personal copy and digest it steadily. As it looks, I doubt I'll get the trade, because the whole thing is just a silly attempt at being ultra hardcore the more I look at it.
                  SPOILERS

It's confusing (over complicated), but apparently the source of the problem was Bats' time hopping post Final Crisis.

For me, the cover price was almost worth it for Baby Darkseid alone.

Comment

• Yeah, the baby made me raise my eyebrow, but I'm not reading anything Superman-related (might flip through a forthcoming issue of "Imperious Lex" to see him claim the throne of Apokolips, just for laughs) so I didn't see it coming.

Speaking of Superman:

Fox News host has meltdown over Superman protecting immigrants from being massacred

Apparently being a hero means letting people get murdered, some idiot thinks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post

Fox News host has meltdown over Superman protecting immigrants from being massacred

Apparently being a hero means letting people get murdered, some idiot thinks.
                      I'm not even going to bother reading it because I know Fox will have overreacted and the wrong way, but that moment in the comic felt really obvious in a political sense. Superman had to do what he did, but the set-up was a bit heavy handed. On the other hand, he also stopped a 99 percenter from killing some rich dude or something.

Comment

• New creative teams:
                        • Sam Humphries and Bernard Chang on Nightwing
                        • Christopher Priest and Pete Woods on Justice League
                        • Greg Capullo keeps mentioning that he'll be doing Swamp Thing

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypo View Post
                          • Greg Capullo keeps mentioning that he'll be doing Swamp Thing
                          In what capacity? Guest appearance? Oneshot? Mini? Ongoing?

Comment

• Color commentary only, sadly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
                              In what capacity? Guest appearance? Oneshot? Mini? Ongoing?
                              What Is Greg Capullo On To Next After Metal? Could Be Swamp Thing

Comment

• Thanks Hypo.

Comment

Working...
                                X