The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps
FLASHCHAT

Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps

Old 09-08-2016, 02:25 PM   #1
EmeraldGladiator
Manhunter Repairman

Default If Batman can get a Reis fill in issue, Hal deserves an arc

It was good to see my all time favorite GL artist's pencils in this week's Batman. It is a crime that we don't see his work more consistently, the Rebirth special, this week's Batman and the Trinity's Snickers ad are all that I can recall recently. Back to business, I am sure TPTB want to save Ivan on GL for some Johns project (return of the team that brought you the Sinestro Corps War) but I long to see Ivan draw Hal and corps again, especially now that the storytelling is on the uptick. It would need to be something appropriately epic in scope, meaning involving Hal, John Guy and the Parallax armor. If DC is loosening on it's our best artists are reserved for Geoff rule then the next place Ivan should drop by is HJ&tGLC. I mean I will pick up whatever this 7 seas things will be (it is Geoff and Ivan afterall) but the idea of Ivan drawing HJ&tGLC is way more exciting than an Aquaman storyline.
EmeraldGladiator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 08:34 PM   #2
Kane2814
Weaponer of Qward

Maybe they'll bring him in on HJ&GLC #50 when they finally resolve that Halallax dangling plotline. (which, at a bi-weekly rate, won't be that far away)
Kane2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 01:36 AM   #3
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

We have Rafa Sandoval and Ethan Van Sciver on one book. I think Hal is good. I get your point though, Batman would be title that needs a talent like Reis the absolute least (in terms of sales).
Old 09-11-2016, 03:57 AM   #4
EmeraldGladiator
Manhunter Repairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
We have Rafa Sandoval and Ethan Van Sciver on one book. I think Hal is good. I get your point though, Batman would be title that needs a talent like Reis the absolute least (in terms of sales).
Yea and though I love our roster, EVS, has been deadline challenged in the past which is why I was distressed to hear he was doing an issue of Green Lanterns, while I am stressing him staying on schedule for HJ&tGLC. That being said this title should always have space for Ivan, Fabok, Jim Lee or George Perez. (Jimenez and Gary Frank to for that matter)
EmeraldGladiator is offline   Reply With Quote