Best vol. 3 comics an why

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best vol. 3 comics an why

So im reading thru volume 3 starting at emerald dawn then emerald dawn 2 then each issue in number order. anyway my question is what do you guys think is the best gl comic an from what series

#3, Hal puts the beat down on Guy. Some of us had been waiting a long time for this.

Comment

A Guy and his G'nort ruled. Also, check out Mosaic and Green Lantern Corps Quarterly. For Hal, I thought The Road Back and the one where Kreon gets introduced were pretty good stories.

Give 'em the evil look son!

Comment

Probaly Emerald Dawn. Only read a few issues of vil.3, I'm to new to GL to know much about what vol.3 was like. The only one I've really read was the GL and GA team up graphic novel.
        Originally posted by IonFan
        (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
        Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
        If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
        Originally posted by Quaker
        I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
          #3, Hal puts the beat down on Guy. Some of us had been waiting a long time for this.
          Are you sure you're not thinking of this?

This is the one where Guy gives up his GL ring...

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
            Are you sure you're not thinking of this

This is the one where Guy gives up his GL ring...
            Not positive, but isn't #3 where they have the bare-knuckle fight and he KOs Guy?

Comment

I think so. And they end up in the drunk tank, IIRC.
              The last fan of 1990s comics
              Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                Not positive, but isn't #3 where they have the bare-knuckle fight and he KOs Guy?
                In #3 they fight, but he doesn't KO Guy, the police break it up and toss them in jail (not the drunk tank, I don't think, though I might not be able to tell the difference).

They also have a bareknuckle fight in #25, but in THAT one Hal DOES knock Guy out, thus forcing Guy to honor the stakes HE insisted on, that the loser quits the GLC.

Comment

#25 looks better than #3. Now I want to read it!!!!

Actully, there have been a few Hal and Guy punch ups, so after the third army event, I'd like to see Guy fight Hal, John, or Kyle! A whole issue devoted to the two fighting, and the other two trying to split it up!
                  Deadpool
                  Fight like a man: with your words, not your fists.
                  Last edited by Deadpool; 08-14-2012, 07:00 PM.
                  Originally posted by IonFan
                  (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
                  Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
                  If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
                  Originally posted by Quaker
                  I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

Originally posted by Deadpool View Post
                    #25 looks better than #3. Now I want to read it!!!!

Actully, there have been a few Hal and Guy punch ups, so after the third army event, I'd like to see Guy fight Hal, John, or Kyle! A whole issue devoted to the two fighting, and the other two trying to split it up!
                    Should there be a reason for it, or is that not really necessary?

Comment

Best of Volume 3 is hard to define. Depends on what you're seeking.

The issue that made me laugh the hardest was the Super Bowl. Bay City Miners versus Mudville Maroons, indeed. Guy was terrific.

The one that shocked me the most was #46 and the Emerald Twilight beyond, of course. The one I have read the most often is #81. And I plan to read it again tomorrow.

The one that hits closest to home is #4, wherein my beloved Evergreen City is hijacked to the Mosaic. Its cover remains my avatar.

The mini-series within the series I enjoyed the most was Emerald Knights, a great fish-out-of-water plot, #100-106 plus the Green Arrow issue.

The stupidest issue was probably the Itty story in #43, skip that one if you want. The most disappointing artwork was #19, the swan song of GL creator Mart Nodell. The best kick-a$$ artwork came toward the end, probably #181 (most like modern books); the earlier books were destined for gloppy printing at the old Sparta plant and, on newsprint, have not survived well.

And the one I always come back to as the Way Things Might Have Been is #26. Love that sequence at the baseball game. Oh, if only the good vibes had lasted...and Ron Marz had been given a free hand...

Best single Kyle issue remains undefined, and I'm still collecting those, probably #136 is the best I've read so far. Can't beat #156 for John Stewart angst.

Remember that to understand and complete certain story arcs, including Black Circle Urban Knights and Days of Judgment, you will need to collect outside the Green Lantern title.
                      Evergreen City
                      Corps Den Mother
                      Last edited by Evergreen City; 08-29-2012, 04:23 AM. Reason: afterthought on artwork

The power of will is found at the deepest level of your being. It's more than mere rules. It's a duty that you must honor.

Comment

Working...
                      X