No announcement yet.

Son of Classic Horror Films (50s & 60s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I almost reviewed a couple things before but couldn't get an avatar picture, so I stopped. Have to look into that again.
    You and I probably agree too much for Siskel and Ebert. Except I like 80s slashers too. Siskel was notoriously tough on horror and Ebert, while by no means a fan, a little more forgiving.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
      I almost reviewed a couple things before but couldn't get an avatar picture, so I stopped. Have to look into that again.
      You and I probably agree too much for Siskel and Ebert. Except I like 80s slashers too. Siskel was notoriously tough on horror and Ebert, while by no means a fan, a little more forgiving.

Yeah, I don't think Siskel had much tolerance for what he probably considered 'junk culture', and Ebert seemed to have a small place in his heart for it (well, maybe a bigger area considering his work on Beyond the Valley of the Dolls, etc.) I always tended to agree more with Siskel on other genres, but Ebert has always presented a very good case.
      My personal favorite was always Pauline Kael.

Comment

I stopped listening to critics. I feel like 9 times out of 10 I have a feel for whether I'll like a film and that other 10% I'm comfortable with seeing a bad flick and getting to mock it.

Comment

Saw this, John Carradine and TOR!! I've always liked it. Good time mad doctor movie. I thought it was neat how he sorta meant well, even though shit failed around him. Myron Healey, quite the player in this, haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Scythe View Post
            Saw this, John Carradine and TOR!! I've always liked it. Good time mad doctor movie. I thought it was neat how he sorta meant well, even though shit failed around him. Myron Healey, quite the player in this, haha.
            I haven't seen this in so long, I've probably got it mixed up with The Black Sleep.
            I looked up Myron Healey...OMG, he used to be in everything and was way too good at playing charasters that were complete bastards...he was probably a sweetheart in real life...but who knows (rest his soul).
            Is this streaming on Netflix or YouTube?

Comment

Currently watching:
              da dA DA

Ricou Browning and Nestor Paiva are the only cast from the 1st film but, hey, there's J-O-H-N--A-G-A-R....and direct from his role as the jet pilot in Tarantula this last weekend...Clint Eastwood in a lab coat.

Comment

God, I'm bad...got it on again now, with the commentary track with Tom Weaver, Bob Burns and Lori Nelson.

Comment

^^

Awesomeness.

Comment

Originally posted by Abin Surly View Post
                    I haven't seen this in so long, I've probably got it mixed up with The Black Sleep.
                    I looked up Myron Healey...OMG, he used to be in everything and was way too good at playing charasters that were complete bastards...he was probably a sweetheart in real life...but who knows (rest his soul)
                    Yeah, I've noticed Myron is in like tons of things.

Is this streaming on Netflix or YouTube?
                    I own it.

Comment

. . . Clint Eastwood in a lab coat.

And that hair!

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                        And that hair!

And there's a rat in his pocket (no shit!)

Comment

Currently working on...

"A City Screams in Terror...My God, He's Wearing PANTS!!!"

Comment

And there's a rat in his pocket (no shit!)
                            LMAO!

The *original* Willard.

Comment

Originally posted by Lex Luthor View Post
                              LMAO!

The *original* Willard.

Or neo-Renfield.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X