The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Action Figures & Toys > Custom Figures
FLASHCHAT

Old 10-16-2009, 03:12 PM   #1
GUYCORPS
Green Lantern

Default GUY'S RAGE!

With all the excitement within the pages of GL/GLC/Blackest Night and the lack of a GUY GARDNER statue, i decided to get a good friend of mine to make one for me.

Ironically we called it "GUY'S RAGE" long before the reveal of GUY becoming a Red Lantern.

So tell me what you all think:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Guy rage2.jpg (86.8 KB, 110 views)
File Type: jpg Guy rage17.jpg (87.4 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg Guy rage20.jpg (89.5 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Guy rage23.jpg (87.0 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg Guy rage25.jpg (86.5 KB, 58 views)
Old 10-16-2009, 03:17 PM   #2
GUYCORPS
Green Lantern

And a few more:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Guy rage27.jpg (84.8 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg Guy rage29.jpg (83.8 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg s rage 30.jpg (85.8 KB, 68 views)
Old 10-16-2009, 03:29 PM   #3
JohnnyV
Pictionary Master

pretty awesome sculpture. How long did it take him to make?

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter
JohnnyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 03:35 PM   #4
GUYCORPS
Green Lantern

Thanks bro', it was started back in June and completed about 3 weeks ago,
Since then i've put it on a black oval base. The one shown in the picture was just temporary.
Old 10-16-2009, 04:12 PM   #5
GL13
Star Sapphire's Love Slave

That's a great statue. Very well detailed. Your friend did a great job.
Old 10-16-2009, 04:15 PM   #6
GUYCORPS
Green Lantern

Thank you!
Old 10-16-2009, 04:44 PM   #7
Mycroft
unable to translate

Looks Pretty Awesome!!
Guy killing Bzzd & Doomsday
Old 10-16-2009, 05:18 PM   #8
Gl Josh
Senior Corps Member

Guy Gardner---Flawless Victory---Fatality!
That is one great statue.
Originally Posted by BatmanofSector2814 View Post
I have yet to see Avatar, mainly because it is the plot of Pocahontas wrapped in a "Halo vs World of Warcraft" flavored, CGI heavy shell...and I've already seen Pocahontas and played all 5 Halos...so....
Gl Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 06:56 PM   #9
TalonSoulbender

That's brilliant, my hat's off!!

Talon

LOD
Old 10-16-2009, 07:40 PM   #10
GUYCORPS
Green Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
Looks Pretty Awesome!!
Guy killing Bzzd & Doomsday
Bzzd,mmmm, never thought of that. Good one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gl Josh View Post
Guy Gardner---Flawless Victory---Fatality!
That is one great statue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalonSoulbender View Post
That's brilliant, my hat's off!!

Talon

LOD
Thank you guy's, i've told Trappa ( the sculptor ), to come on over and join the forums, hopefully he'll join soon and show off some more sculpts.

He's currently working on a lifesize Spiderman and a 12" Supergirl.
Old 10-16-2009, 07:54 PM   #11
lanternut
Alpha-Lantern

Send a message via MSN to lanternut

Oh my gosh, that is so bad ass my friend! So jealous!
Old 10-16-2009, 08:18 PM   #12
GUYCORPS
Green Lantern

Thanks bud! Yep i'm seriously stoked.

I can't begin to tell you how cool it is, the photo's just can't do it justice.
There is just an insane amount of detail throughout.

I really wanted the sculpt to capture GUY'S current look. Trappa's influences were Patrick Gleason, Kevin Maguire, Ethan Van Sciver and a little of his own artistic flair.
It stands 12" high and is my first commission.
Old 10-17-2009, 02:14 AM   #13
allwillbemine

Whoa, you weren't kidding about the detail. The stump of that head is just gross! The belts and buckles look good too. There's nothing sloppy about this sculpt.

You, sir, are one lucky fellow to have a friend who would sculpt this for you!
Old 10-17-2009, 08:32 AM   #14
GUYCORPS
Green Lantern

Thank you, and yes i am one lucky fellow.

I love the gloves specifically because we were undecided whether to make them tight or bulky. We went with the welders glove type style which i think is more suitable.
GUY always has the large boots, so large gloves ( as Patrick draws them ) is better .
Hell, GUY is always larger than life.

You'll notice that we never put any buckle on the belt. This was deliberate because we wanted the styling around the gloves and boots to be uniform, so it was either buckles on or none at all.

The "dreads" on Doomsday alone took quite a while to do and get right and boy did that head come out well! If you look closely you'll see Doomsday's tongue hanging to the side inside his mouth.
Old 10-17-2009, 08:57 AM   #15
Ninty
Star Manphire

its very nice indeed face is tad off for me personally but the statue overall is great dude.
Old 10-18-2009, 02:27 PM   #16
GUYCORPS
Green Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninty View Post
its very nice indeed face is tad off for me personally but the statue overall is great dude.
Thanks for the crit, thats always welcome. One can only improve from here on out. What specifically did you not like about the face?
Old 10-18-2009, 06:35 PM   #17
Ninty
Star Manphire

I dunno dude if just looks a bit off for me, cant describe it, not saying its bad, ita from that I wish I could sculpt like that but I cant lol
Old 10-18-2009, 06:52 PM   #18
Colonel Xonic
The Butcher

Send a message via Skype™ to Colonel Xonic

I dunno it looks fine, looks really good, but why Doomsday?
Old 10-18-2009, 07:27 PM   #19
GUYCORPS
Green Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninty View Post
I dunno dude if just looks a bit off for me, cant describe it, not saying its bad, ita from that I wish I could sculpt like that but I cant lol
Maybe it's his angry look that makes his facial expression slighty off ?

Perhaps the paint job ? We went with Orange eyebrows because GUY is a Carrot top after all and Black eyebrows like you mostly see in the comics isn't natural and Blonde eyebrows don't accentuate his eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Xonic View Post
I dunno it looks fine, looks really good, but why Doomsday?
Doomsday? Good question!

I chose Doomsday specifically because GUY ( then with the yellow ring ) was the first hero to face him and he got pummelled. So you could call this payback and of course a show of strength on GUY'S part, c'mon Doomsday's almost unstoppable.

What does it say? Don't F#%K with the GUYSTER!
Old 10-18-2009, 07:34 PM   #20
Grundy
Green Lantern

sculpture looks great!! I've been wanting to try my hand at a large sculpture myself (I've done 6 inch action figure sized statues). I've a couple of questions about your statue. Is it sculpted from super sculpty? Is this the original or is it a resin cast. If there is a mold are more copies of this going to be made? I think their are a lot of people here that would like a Guy statue, as you said if you want a Guy Gardner statue there aren't many options. I think what Ninty sees off about Guys face is his forehead looks a little larger than the comics but as you said a sculptor (or any artist for that matter ) always puts a little of their own artistic flair into their work. I hope to be as good a sculptor as your friend one day. The Lanterns I've sculpted have been alien lanterns which I think have turned out nice but trying to capture a human likeness is a different matter all together. If your off just a little it can stand out like a sore thumb. I tried a Hal bust once and was disappointed with the results. Sorry for the questions but as a beginning sculptor myself I find this statue really interesting. I'm considering sculpting a large statue myself.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:19 PM   #21
GUYCORPS
Green Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grundy View Post
sculpture looks great!! I've been wanting to try my hand at a large sculpture myself (I've done 6 inch action figure sized statues). I've a couple of questions about your statue. Is it sculpted from super sculpty? Is this the original or is it a resin cast. If there is a mold are more copies of this going to be made? I think their are a lot of people here that would like a Guy statue, as you said if you want a Guy Gardner statue there aren't many options. I think what Ninty sees off about Guys face is his forehead looks a little larger than the comics but as you said a sculptor (or any artist for that matter ) always puts a little of their own artistic flair into their work. I hope to be as good a sculptor as your friend one day. The Lanterns I've sculpted have been alien lanterns which I think have turned out nice but trying to capture a human likeness is a different matter all together. If your off just a little it can stand out like a sore thumb. I tried a Hal bust once and was disappointed with the results. Sorry for the questions but as a beginning sculptor myself I find this statue really interesting. I'm considering sculpting a large statue myself.
First off don't apologise, any and all input is always welcome, so thanks for taking the time.

Second, i can see what you mean by the forehead, i see it as more area to headbutt the villians with, but point taken! Trappa likes to also put his own style in if you like. GUY with the moptop would've had a lot less forehead, but i prefer the new spiky do.

The jacket you may notice is more in line with Kevin Maguires GUY, but the symbol is not so centered but shifted to the side. The face/arms/gloves/boots is mostly influenced by Patrick Gleason, take that as you will as i know a lot of you don't like his work. The legs/boots/symbol are influenced by Ethan van Sciver.

But overall it's Trappa's stamp that's on that little gem and i'm finally stoked to have a GUY statue that is befitting of " THE ONE TRUE GREEN LANTERN "

Yes it is made from Super sculpey and yes this is a one of a kind original. But if he decides to do more ( i'll tell him you like his work ), i will certainly keep you all informed.

Last edited by GUYCORPS; 10-18-2009 at 09:49 PM.
GUYCORPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 04:07 PM   #22
GUYCORPS
Green Lantern

Just a quickie:

Trappa says hey to everyone and thank you for your comments, he is busy right now and would love to join up as soon as he gets an opportunity!
Old 10-19-2009, 05:09 PM   #23
sj_hawkins

That is indeed pretty awesome. Would love to see more.
Old 12-21-2009, 05:43 AM   #24
tommyofshaolin
Green Lantern Initiate

very awesome
tommyofshaolin is offline   Reply With Quote