The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Action Figures & Toys
FLASHCHAT

Action Figures and Toys

Old 07-27-2010, 10:43 AM   #1
Carbon
Guy's Drinking Buddy

Send a message via AIM to Carbon
Default What do you prefer?

Do you prefer to order your figures online or do you prefer to try and hunt them down in retail stores?

For me if I really really want a figure I will buy it online. I enjoy the hunt and trying to find and finding new figures at the stores.

What about the rest of you?
Carbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 05:22 PM   #2
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

The thrill of the hunt used to matter to me as there's no substitute for the elation of when you finally find something you've been searching for. Now, I couldn't care less. I've grown increasingly frustrated by going to Target and Walmart to see the same crap warming the pegs so if I have to order something online, so be it.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:29 PM   #3
Doc2814
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Doc2814

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylent_asassin View Post
The thrill of the hunt used to matter to me as there's no substitute for the elation of when you finally find something you've been searching for. Now, I couldn't care less. I've grown increasingly frustrated by going to Target and Walmart to see the same crap warming the pegs so if I have to order something online, so be it.
agreed 100%
Doc2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 05:38 PM   #4
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

I really never liked hunting for toys in stores. I just did because it was the only way I could get the figures at non-resale prices.

I love buying toys online.

Darth_Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 11:06 PM   #5
stoat2337
Corps Honor Guard

I usually have my kids with me when I go shopping. This usually makes for nightmare visits to the toy stores/departments so online for me. Plus, easier to comparison shop.
stoat2337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 11:32 PM   #6
GreenLanternFan5289
Star Sapphire's Love Slave

If I know that I can find it in a store then I'll go looking but if I have a feeling that it's going to be difficult/impossible to find for whatever reason I'll order it online. For example I ordered the Classic Predator from the new Predators movie (awesome movie btw) because there aren't any place around me that sells stuff like that but stuff like the Marvel Universe figures (waiting on Wave 10 for the Ghost Rider figure) that I can find at Wal-Mart or Target or something then I'll just go to a store.
With liberty and justice for all! - Duck Dodgers
GreenLanternFan5289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 03:13 PM   #7
GL13
Star Sapphire's Love Slave

I love the hunt, but with Walmart, Target and Kmart (34St the best) acting funny til christmas time. I look to online to shop now. Right now Toys R Us has revamped the look for all stores and opened a new store in Rego Park, so things look ok when shopping here. There is only one place so far that I have found the best deals, but is a flea market in FL (Leesburg area) called Renagers. The toy shop there is the best hunt and find oldies and goodies. But online is the easiest.

Last edited by GL13; 08-04-2010 at 03:18 PM.
GL13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 04:23 PM   #8
Guka2814
Green Lantern Initiate

it depends sometimes u find better deals in the store ..and sometimes on line..i got the whole blackest night serise 3 for 30 bucks at some store...but mostly i ebay...
Old 08-05-2010, 04:51 AM   #9
Boy Constrictor
Fatality's Blacksmith

i prefer to buy online if what i want is the same or similar price to an actual store. which is why i hate it when store exclusives are not sold online
Boy Constrictor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 02:02 PM   #10
BTomaselli
Corps Honor Guard

I used to LIVE for the hunt. When I was in college, I'd spend a whole Saturday driving around town hitting Target, Meijer, Toys R Us, Comic Shops, etc. - and if I did find that figure it was like magic. Now - I don't have the time to do it or the money to waste on gas! The exception is if I'm at Target or Walmart with the wife, she knows we have to do a fly-by on the toy aisle. It's a given and we can't leave until we do. But rarely will I find anything I need or want. Now, it's all BBTS and eBay - If I pay a few extra bucks for a figure, it's worth my time/effort/gasoline to buy it and just be glad I have the toy.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:13 PM   #11
bonoferox
Corpse Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylent_asassin View Post

Also agreed.
Luckily I have a network of collectors (not scalpers) in the area who help eachother out greatly so I don't have to resort to online procedures that much.

The Sky is Waiting....
bonoferox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:47 PM   #12
Big Daddy Caesar
Damn Dirty Ape

I buy in stores and online. Before I got online about 11 years ago I went on trips all the time hunting for figures. I used to love it. But in the last couple of years, I've just gotten sick of going to stores over and over and not finding anything. My local Target has had the same DCUC Superman Blue, Cyborg, and Captain Atom for over a year. Fuck that.

So I buy online. A lot. I may spend a few extra bucks for s+h, and I might spend a little more if I use Buy It Now instead of bidding, but it's STILL cheaper than all the gas I don't waste anymore. These days, if I HAPPEN to be on a road trip, I hit all the stores I can. But I never make special trips looking for figures anymore.

So to answer your question, I'd PREFER to find my figures the old brick and mortar way if I could do it without driving all over creation, but that doesn't happen very often anymore.

"Caesar IS home."

Big Daddy Caesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 07:44 AM   #13
dark69
Corpse Trainee

Send a message via AIM to dark69 Send a message via Yahoo to dark69

i get them off-line when i can but who's got the time to drive all over hell and half of Arizona so i get most of my stuff from on-line