Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Sector 0
FLASHCHAT

Sector 0

Old 12-31-2007, 03:33 AM   #1
GLspotlight
Alpha-Lantern

Send a message via AIM to GLspotlight
Default Orange Lantern origins

I just thought of something. From the Green Lantern Corps/Sinestro Corps Secret Files and Origins. They talk about how the Vega System is off limits, plus the place glows orange. Sounds like a great place for a greed entity to hide out and be found by someone and build his own corps in secret with out being bothered by the GLC.
Old 12-31-2007, 03:46 AM   #2
SHADOWLANTERN

I can't touch this one no more. My last guess was blown up in the last issue of GL, when Amon was killed. I thought for sure he was going to either be the leader or part of them.
Old 12-31-2007, 04:01 AM   #3
Prime
Attention Whore

Well it could be that dude from Recharge. The bounty hunter with Fatality. He seemed pretty greedy to get the money.
Old 12-31-2007, 04:35 AM   #4
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

Yo.

that was Bolphunga, and it wasnt about the money.

however, the idea that the Orange Corps/Lanterns could come from there, backed by either the Spider Guild or the Psions (or better those 2 PLUS the Godanians) would be *very VEERRRYYYY cool* to see happen.

Tazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Tazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 04:59 AM   #5
zebra3

Not to sound foolish, but if the Orange Lanterns choose someone from 2814, who's more greedy for power than Lex Luthor? He's been in more story lines than I can remember, or even care to.
Old 12-31-2007, 05:15 AM   #6
Maverick_GL

Send a message via MSN to Maverick_GL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazer View Post
Yo.

that was Bolphunga, and it wasnt about the money.

however, the idea that the Orange Corps/Lanterns could come from there, backed by either the Spider Guild or the Psions (or better those 2 PLUS the Godanians) would be *very VEERRRYYYY cool* to see happen.

Tazer
I'm pretty sure the Spider Guild has been destroyed hasn't it? I could see maybe a stray member who survived Recharge, but thats about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra3 View Post
Not to sound foolish, but if the Orange Lanterns choose someone from 2814, who's more greedy for power than Lex Luthor? He's been in more story lines than I can remember, or even care to.
Perhaps IF they choose someone from 2814. I do not think they will however. I think we will see an alien who makes Luthor look like a saint.

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman
Maverick_GL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 05:35 AM   #7
GLC2814.4

I got the impression from the end of Recharge that the Spider Guild was fucked up pretty bad, but not out for the count. And that's an interesting theory, I hope it pans out because it would help answer the question of why Vega is off limits.

But, if the Guardians KNEW the Orange Greed Lizard-Fish-Monkey symbiote (or whatever the fuck they are going to make it) is from Vega, then wouldn't that give credence to the fact that they KNOW the War of Light and ultimately the Blackest Night would come to pass? They've been in denial about everything until it jumps up and bites them in the asses. Sucks to be them I guess
Old 12-31-2007, 06:45 AM   #8
Limelantern
Better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined

Send a message via Skype™ to Limelantern

Come on!!!! It's Evil Star, it has to be!

..some...how.....maybe
Limelantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 11:20 AM   #9
Gonza2814
Green Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLspotlight View Post
I just thought of something. From the Green Lantern Corps/Sinestro Corps Secret Files and Origins. They talk about how the Vega System is off limits, plus the place glows orange. Sounds like a great place for a greed entity to hide out and be found by someone and build his own corps in secret with out being bothered by the GLC.
Exactly. They spoke a lot of that and I thought the same. Probably the Psions will be involved in the greedy lanterns

http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/...read.php?t=939
Gonza2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 11:34 AM   #10
Tazer

Yo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_GL View Post
I'm pretty sure the Spider Guild has been destroyed hasn't it? I could see maybe a stray member who survived Recharge, but thats about it.
yea, and Amon Sur showed up after having his head blown up and being left on an exploding space station ( ).......and yur point is??

Quote:
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Old 12-31-2007, 11:44 AM   #11
Tazer

Yo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLC2814.4 View Post
I got the impression from the end of Recharge that the Spider Guild was fucked up pretty bad, but not out for the count. And that's an interesting theory, I hope it pans out because it would help answer the question of why Vega is off limits.
thats easy: the Oans created the Psions long ago via experimentaion on their not-anywhere-near-as-smart ancestors, and then felt guilty about it, so to atone they left that whole area of space alone so that the Psions would be able to thrive as a free species w/o Oan interferrence. this naturally extended to the GLC.

the flipside here is that the Psions became twisted in their attempts (or possibly were already so due to wat was done to them) at finding ways & means to get back @ the Oans.......like Jordan found out when he got taken into that quadrant by the Headmen to be sold to the Psions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLC2814.4 View Post
But, if the Guardians KNEW the Orange Greed Lizard-Fish-Monkey symbiote (or whatever the fuck they are going to make it) is from Vega, then wouldn't that give credence to the fact that they KNOW the War of Light and ultimately the Blackest Night would come to pass? They've been in denial about everything until it jumps up and bites them in the asses. Sucks to be them I guess
havent ya learned by now: almost EVERYTHING that goes on the blue boys have a clue about; they just choose to ignore some of it until its outta control & ready to explode in their faces.

Tazer

Quote: