The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > General > General/About Us
FLASHCHAT

General

Old 06-14-2008, 07:49 PM   #1
Rotten2thecorps
Alpha-Lantern

Default Green Lantern and Nintendo.

I am realy disapointed that in in over 5 generations if Nintendo game systems we never got a single Green Lantern game. They almost made one for Super Nintendo but that was it. Every Time I have to fly some where,wich I hate doing I play my Game Boy and say "Why Nintendo? why no Green Lantern side scrolling beatem up"? I have the Justice League games but they just don't cut it.
Old 06-15-2008, 05:54 AM   #2
Andrew NDB
Martini Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB

I think a GL game is almost impossible to really do any kind of justice to.

And how could it?

A GL can create anything with their ring they think of. Anything. How would you even begin to approach that in a console game where you've got like 6-7 buttons?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 06:46 AM   #3
Jack-O-Lantern
Master Customizer

It couldn't do it justice at all. Like the Justice League game. All you could do was make a hammer, a shield and like saw blades.

Just like the new MK vs DCU game is going to de-power the DC heroes so they won't kill the MK characters just by touching them. Which is why the game might be fun, but realistically suck. No MK character would ever stand a chance against a DC superhero.

Point in case. You can't do a GL game and do the character justice, but it can be done. We can only hope that they try real hard to give the game for the movie as many powers and features as possible to properly represent a GL.
Jack-O-Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 07:34 AM   #4
lokeinlyesmith

Well! I think even limiting them, it could be done.

Yes. A GL can make anything they can think of. But! Each of our beloved GLs have an MO. They have certain kinds of things they make, in certain ways. Their imaginations are different.

Plus, has anyone played the Batman Begins game? You kinda have to solve puzzles, and then Batman kinda does his own thing. There's a little fighting, but not a lot. It could be done like that.

This IS hope, dammit! lol
Old 06-15-2008, 12:29 PM   #5
lawman

Default green lantern games

Ive played as john stewart, kyle rayner and hal jordan in justice league heroes

but ive also played on a mugen emulator

have a looksie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3H_RxaZcUs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlSQ1...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYEle...eature=related
Old 06-15-2008, 12:32 PM   #6
Parrylakks
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to Parrylakks

Green Lantern, indeed, does not lend itself well to the video game format... however, I'd still like to see one get made.
Parrylakks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 06:55 AM   #7
Rotten2thecorps
Alpha-Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman View Post
Ive played as john stewart, kyle rayner and hal jordan in justice league heroes

but ive also played on a mugen emulator

have a looksie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3H_RxaZcUs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlSQ1...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYEle...eature=related
I have seen these. I waish Capcom would do this. So us non techy folks could join the Fun.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:21 AM   #8
Parrylakks
Banned

Well, we may not get Street Fighter vs DC, but we are getting Mortal Kombat vs DC, so... yeah.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:30 AM   #9
The Kid Lantern
Micro Machinist

Send a message via AIM to The Kid Lantern Send a message via Yahoo to The Kid Lantern

I think a GL game could play similar to the movie Spiedy games on PS2 and 3. Hold one of the top trigger buttons to hover in flight, another to fly forward, and use a series of combos to make different constructs while in air fighting or on the ground where more melee attacks are available. You could have around 10 individual constructs for the Lanterns including a couple different projectiles, shields, melees with a giant boxing glove or mecha fist, etc. Also make it similar to Spidey in that beating the game each time earns you various other Lanterns. Start the game with Hal and have cameos in the game from JLA teammates to other alien Lanterns spanning the game from places on Earth like NYC, Coast City, and somewhere out in the ocean [so we can get an Aquaman cameo!], as well as in space and around Oa. When you beat the game I'd have the modern John, Guy, and Kyle as unlockable Lanterns to play as and interact differently than Hal and each other from the mini movies in between levels as well as constructs. A couple other nuggets later on like other costumes for all the Earth Lanterns. Have so much energy in your Lantern's rings and when it gets low you gotta find a battery!

Now a string of villains to use in an original story with plenty of fodder villains and henchmen to beat on would also be key.

~KL~
The Kid Lantern is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 07:34 AM   #10
Parrylakks
Banned

It works okay in theory, but the execution of super hero video games is, more often than not, horrific.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:30 AM   #11
Chicago_GL
Weaponer of Qward

Send a message via Yahoo to Chicago_GL

A Green Lantern game would be wonderful, but near impossible to pull off the right way, like everyone else has mentioned the power of the video game is finite, whereas the power of a GL is infinite.

Chicago_GL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 05:41 PM   #12
The Kid Lantern
Micro Machinist

Send a message via AIM to The Kid Lantern Send a message via Yahoo to The Kid Lantern

Give the Lantern's I suggested their own unique touches on theings like Hal would have a boxing glove, Kyle would have a mecha fist, and the other two earth Lanterns could hit somebody with something else.

A game loosely based on the Freedom Force/X-men Legends games would work as well if you wanted a more GLC game.

~KL~
The Kid Lantern is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:49 PM   #13
Shaolinlantern
Parallax Host

Sorry for bumping the old thread,

I found some screenshots of the canceld Green Lantern SNES Game and the music on yt:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
Old 03-25-2013, 01:23 AM   #14
havik
Anti-Monitor

Send a message via Yahoo to havik

that would have been awesome
havik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:23 AM   #15
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Not according to DC.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:09 AM   #16
d3v1lb0y
Red Lantern Black Ops

finally a game where Kyle is the main GL and it doesn't come out!!!
DAMN DAMN DAMN

facebook: d3v1lb0y888 ...twitter: d3v1lb0y_8
d3v1lb0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:31 PM   #17
Space Cop
The Dandy

This is funny to me.
I remember when this game was announced or talked about and I was bummed because I had a Sega. I actually assumed the game came out and I just missed it. I had no idea it was scrapped.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:57 PM   #18
Rotten2thecorps
Alpha-Lantern

Thanks for the pic Shaolinlantern. I am always excited to see things about this game. I am hoping that one day you will be able to download it like the canceled Batman game. Heck it would be cool if we could track down one of the guys who made it and get him to talk about it with us here.
I love Classic gaming. My Megadeth CDs my best bud,and a carton of Surge was my favorite way to waste time back in the day. Good times.