The Collectors Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Discussion

I collect Dinky Toys (diecast) from pre war to 60s. The 70s stuff does not interest me, hate the plastic packaging, there's not so much charm like the older stuff. I also collect toy soldiers, mainly Indian and Cowboys simply because they're more rare than any other kind (apart from the flat ones), I used to collect minimates, and I collect military medals, mainly from the first world war, a few from the second. Just started the medals, but I've been collecting toy soldiers for two years, Dinkys for about one and a half, and minimates for about 6 months, but I first started about a year ago, probably a little longer (I did have some various random minimates before that though. Got my first military medal for christmas.
    Originally posted by IonFan
    (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
    Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
    If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
    Originally posted by Quaker
    I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Might as well redo that. Things have changed.

Still collect Dinky Toys as specified (pre-war-60s). Toy soldiers have changed a lot for me. Don't bother with them much now, when it comes to soldiers I only collect the German composite ones (Elastolin and Lineol only). Don't bother with other toy soldiers as they're not valuable. FYI I think I started collecting them in 2009. I have photographic evidence which confirms it but for all I know it may have been 2008 even, but highly unlikely. Military stuff has overtaken most of my collecting now, I've moved on from just medals. First it was cap badges and so on but it evolved and eventually I started buying flintlock and percussion pistols, even the odd modern gun (deactivated). Air guns I also have a few of, good fun shooting! Had to stop buying as much as we used to though, it was getting silly. Spending 100s even 1000s occasionally on days out buying militaria, Dinkys and Elastolin/Lineols.
    If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.

Comment

Going to another next weekend though, but we're gonna try and cap our spending. Probably won't work though!

Comment

The Collectors Group

About this Group

Whether you collect dicast toys, military collectibles, vintage toys, antiques, minimates, vintage wines, or just want to talk about collectibles, this is the group for you!
      Type: Public
      Topics: 1
      Comments: 2

Owner

Members (3)

Social Group Categories

Collapse

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
      X