The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

The Green Lantern Corps Message Board (http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Comics (http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Agent Carter Season 3 (http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24332)

LanternDBarker 04-10-2016 11:19 PM

Agent Carter Season 3
 
Hey guys... what's the deal with Agent Carter season 3? I'm still watching season 2 so no spoilers for season 2 please!

No one seems to know whether it's happening or whether there were plans and now it's cancelled? The rumors are all over the shop. I just don't know what's happening? Does Marvel and/or ABC even know?



-Lantern Barker
Sector 2814


:glring:

Marvelous Iggy 04-11-2016 02:10 AM

Wait Agent Carter had a season 2? When did that happen?

LanternDBarker 04-11-2016 11:45 AM

Yeah! It happened last year I think..

EmeraldGladiator 04-11-2016 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LanternDBarker (Post 923869)
Hey guys... what's the deal with Agent Carter season 3? I'm still watching season 2 so no spoilers for season 2 please!

No one seems to know whether it's happening or whether there were plans and now it's cancelled? The rumors are all over the shop. I just don't know what's happening? Does Marvel and/or ABC even know?



-Lantern Barker
Sector 2814


:glring:

Still up in the air but the actor that plays Peggy herself signed on for a new pilot, for a different show next season. Not a good sign, if that show gets picked up then who knows? However if she were confident that Agent Carter was returning I doubt she would have made that move. Agent Carter's ratings seem close to Agents of Shield which has been renewed but not because of it's great ratings but because it is part of the ABC/Disney/Marvel umbrella so it is semi protected. However Marvel's good will wasn't/isn't (at least not yet) great enough to get Season 3 of Agent Carter green lit or that supposed Mockingbird spinoff.

Tazer 04-11-2016 02:44 PM

Yo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marvelous Iggy (Post 923880)
Wait Agent Carter had a season 2? When did that happen?

https://49.media.tumblr.com/a70aa354...acego1_500.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/arbHBoiUWUgmc/giphy.gif




Tazer

Tazer 04-11-2016 02:47 PM

Yo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator (Post 923893)
Still up in the air but the actor that plays Peggy herself signed on for a new pilot, for a different show next season. Not a good sign, if that show gets picked up then who knows? However if she were confident that Agent Carter was returning I doubt she would have made that move. Agent Carter's ratings seem close to Agents of Shield which has been renewed but not because of it's great ratings but because it is part of the ABC/Disney/Marvel umbrella so it is semi protected. However Marvel's good will wasn't/isn't (at least not yet) great enough to get Season 3 of Agent Carter green lit or that supposed Mockingbird spinoff.

sadly, I think the most telling facet of this was ABC burning off S2 as they did with double-eps showings to get it off the air faster (on top of all the other reasons U've already mentioned.) /sigh

:(




Tazer

Mister Ed 04-11-2016 03:06 PM

Well, Hayley Atwell has confirmed that her appearance in the other show will not prevent her from being in Agent Carter Season 3, if it DOES get another season. She said that she is willing and able to do both and that ABC supports making that happen should the situation arise.

However, any reports that it WILL get another season (and I found several articles saying that) don't seem to rise above the level of rumor at this point.

Gray Lantern 04-16-2016 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tazer (Post 923897)
Yo.



sadly, I think the most telling facet of this was ABC burning off S2 as they did with double-eps showings to get it off the air faster (on top of all the other reasons U've already mentioned.) /sigh

:(




Tazer

Yeah, they were definitely interested in keeping AoS's schedule ready for Civil War, but rather than double up on it, they dumped on Agent Carter.

Honestly, I'm not sure there should be a season 3. Season 1 was really solid, but season 2 was only okay. One of the things I liked in season 1 was her constantly trying to overcome the sexism of the era. In season 2, there was basically none of that. The producers knew that they were on the bubble for season 2, so they really should have went all out, but they didn't. I just found myself not caring about most of it, watching more out of a sense of completion than enjoyment. To be fair, I do this a bit with AoS too. With that show, it at least sees fit to reward me with MCU tie-ins on occasion.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.