Qward

Old 05-24-2021, 08:04 AM   #4151
Parrylakks
Neko Samurai

Vault of Glass is a pain in the ass.
Old 05-26-2021, 01:51 AM   #4152
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Did my first Expunge, got confused at the first roadbloack (where I needed to climb up into the ceiling, had to do that twice because that place is a fucking maze). Definitely going to take some serious practice to beat that shit in less than 10 minutes.

And Lakshmi-2 is a total asshole right now.

Even with bonus Infamy, I don't feel like doing more than some of the seasonal challenges for Gambit. The game mode is still mediocre at best and the grind is stupidly long no matter how you cut it, and the new shader and emblem barely interest me. I'm almost to Valor reset and that's just from barely playing Crucible except for last week (didn't touch the quest, don't care).

Completed the league challenges in Division 2 enough to earn the league trophy, activated the global event Guardians but I doubt I'll earn the trophy for that; we'll see in a week.

Watched Aztecross's videos on Vex Mythoclast and its catalyst, and damn if Bungie didn't drop the ball on the latter; it's basically worthless. Frankly the best part of the quest was how it reminded me of doing the No Time quest back in D1. Hell if I know if I'll even do the raid, let alone get Mytho and its catalyst. I'm gonna pass on Beyond Light for its current sale and wait until next time it's on a decent discount.

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021
Agent Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 02:04 AM   #4153
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Finished mass effect legendary edition gets me every time

Thank you fuck you bye
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 06:12 PM   #4154
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Guardians global event in Division 2 is finally over for me. I didn't think I'd be able to unlock the backpack trophy but I just snagged it, with barely enough stars and patience left. I managed to get some good named items via the named caches I bought using the event currency, but other than that nothing special or worth keeping.

Almost done the Cryo catalyst quest in Destiny 2, and I did complete the Null Composure quest and am working on the skins for it.

I really fucking wish I'd done Leviathan ages ago because the Calus's Selected shader and Legend of Acrius are the worst could-have-hads for me. I'll have to make the effort when the ever unvault the raid.

Old 06-02-2021, 01:27 AM   #4155
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Well shit, Massive decided to skip season two's repeat and do season three instead, which means I'll be waiting months to get to play Keener's Legacy for the first time. I do want the premium track rewards and some of the comms and other collectibles, so I guess it isn't a total loss.

And I was browsing which games to buy from the Retros and Remasters sale since it's ending. I ultimately only bought the Namco Museum Archives 1 and 2 since it's a ton of games and pretty small storage size, but damn if I wasn't tempted to buy the 25th Anniversary Edition of Night Trap. That game will forever be hilariously absurd and unnecessarily controversial, and I really need to get around to either watching a playthrough of it or playing a remaster myself.

The Days of Play sale has a ton of goodies on offer, including Maneater for only $20. I also saw Jotun: Valhalla Edition and after watching ACG's review of the original edition I am probably going to snag that.

Old 06-02-2021, 05:59 AM   #4156
Parrylakks
Neko Samurai

We finally completed Vault of Glass on Monday. Everything before the boss is easy, but Atheon is just a real slog. Everything has to go right, and so often it doesn't. But now that we've done it legit, we'll probably just cheese the boss from here on out, as you can bypass the entire battle via a spawn glitch and still get the final chest rewards (just not the actual completion).
Old 06-06-2021, 05:17 PM   #4157
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Just bought and downloaded Jotun: Valhalla Edition. Game is too beautiful not to have. I'm seriously thinking about getting Maneater but I might hold off, although I'm fairly certain I'll get Darksiders III. Tempted to get Wasteland 3 as well and I might also buy Monster Hunter World (will hold off on Iceborne until I decide if I love World or not).

Messenger and Axiom Verge are both on heavy discount so I think I'll finally get those, since they're at 60% off whereas every time before I saw them at 50% sale. I scoured the latest indie games sale on PSN but I didn't see this game I glimpsed last year, top-down dark adventure game, older-style graphics but heavy on the gore. I don't think I've seen it on sale since a year ago.

Old 06-10-2021, 10:39 PM   #4158
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Downloaded Darksiders III and its two add-ons.

Also, hackers breached EA and stole game source code and tools. CNN has an article on it.

Old 06-24-2021, 02:21 AM   #4159
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

In the middle of trying to complete league challenges in Division 2, the modem died. We ordered a replacement for $200 and my mother got an IT guy she knows to swing by the house and help troubleshoot the broken one, just in case. Takes a little doing but we reboot it and everything seems to be fine for now and hopefully for a long time yet (thing isn't even a year old).

Probably will send the replacement model back for a refund but I'm glad to be reconnected. Finished the league, bot the Stake trophy, and now I can enjoy doing Destiny 2 content and other online stuff instead (but I can set aside time for grinding resource convoys for easy XP to max out my season rank in Div2 until the next league rolls around, at least).

Actually, last night I got surprisingly good sleep...because there wasn't a loud TV blaring from down the hall since our streaming was down as a result of the modem going down.

And of course I missed my chance to get the deluxe edition of RE2 yesterday. Sad face. Now I have to wait until it comes around again on heavy discount (couple sales right now but very little on offer, which is good for me).

Old 07-06-2021, 09:46 PM   #4160
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Well, as of today's update the Season of the Splicer is officially finished insofar as all story quests have been released and can be completed for the seal. I signed in just in time to claim my new title and now can't get back into the game because of constant error codes and the servers being full. Bungie is looking into it so hopefully resolution comes soon.

Now I just need to complete Presage one last time and the Chosen seal will also be mine. Sucks that nobody seems to be selling 3d-printed seal pins on Etsy like the ones you order from Bungie, because those have to be relatively easy to replicate for anybody with moderate printing experience, I would believe.

Old 07-10-2021, 10:41 PM   #4161
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

1) I missed goddamn Father's Day in Arkham City so I unplugged my PS4 from the Internet and changed the date, then visited that bastard Calendar Man. Now I just have Christmas and then I never have to play the game on time again.

2) https://apnews.com/article/legend-of...85cd7f748cbfed

Old 07-19-2021, 01:40 AM   #4162
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Since Hung Jury was the nightfall reward for this week, I spent all day grinding the Inverted Spire strike (hero difficulty). I must have done that damn mission 50 times, 9 am to 9 pm, only a few breaks in between, and I got the Wardcliff Coil catalyst in my second-to-last run and then finally got Hung Jury the next go, on the verge of giving up. I did get a bunch of minor rewards (some well-roled exotic armors, bunch of enhancement cores, materials) but all I wanted was that damn rifle. What a relief to at last be done with it.

Old 07-21-2021, 01:00 AM   #4163
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

So last night I tried to get a second Hung Jury, succeeded (also a decent roll) and then saw my one friend was online. I hopped into his session and we chatted, and then we went into the Last Wish raid to get the free chest. I got some gloves, a rocket launcher, and a fusion rifle (buddy was hella jealous at that last one). I told him I wanted the auto rifle.

Come home today and try again on my Hunter, and lo and behold I got a well-rolled auto from the free chest. Then I got legs and then a sniper rifle (and a couple raid-only mods). I'm going to enjoy the hell out of that auto rifle (and yes, I immediately masterworked it).

Old 07-22-2021, 02:01 AM   #4164
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

PSN is having a huge sale, and I mean huge. So much shit on offer it's insane. And there's a ton of stuff that I want at pretty noticeable discounts, so it looks like I will be nursing my wallet back to health for months after this.

Included this time around, I will have to finally get Beyond Light, Monster Hunter World, Resident Evil 2, Maneater at the least. If Thief is still only $2 then I'll grab that too (it's practically always that price nowadays).

Old 07-22-2021, 02:40 PM   #4165
Parrylakks
Neko Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Purple View Post
Since Hung Jury was the nightfall reward for this week, I spent all day grinding the Inverted Spire strike (hero difficulty). I must have done that damn mission 50 times, 9 am to 9 pm, only a few breaks in between, and I got the Wardcliff Coil catalyst in my second-to-last run and then finally got Hung Jury the next go, on the verge of giving up. I did get a bunch of minor rewards (some well-roled exotic armors, bunch of enhancement cores, materials) but all I wanted was that damn rifle. What a relief to at last be done with it.
50 runs for your first Hung Jury?! Oof, and I thought my 27 runs for my first one was bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Purple View Post
So last night I tried to get a second Hung Jury, succeeded (also a decent roll) and then saw my one friend was online. I hopped into his session and we chatted, and then we went into the Last Wish raid to get the free chest. I got some gloves, a rocket launcher, and a fusion rifle (buddy was hella jealous at that last one). I told him I wanted the auto rifle.

Come home today and try again on my Hunter, and lo and behold I got a well-rolled auto from the free chest. Then I got legs and then a sniper rifle (and a couple raid-only mods). I'm going to enjoy the hell out of that auto rifle (and yes, I immediately masterworked it).
Nice, all I want is the bow from that raid, but I never seem to be get it.
Old 07-23-2021, 02:18 AM   #4166
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

New dead space game.._.. Not sure how i feel ea just showed a small teaser. I hated 3. Its rumored to be a full remake

Thank you fuck you bye

Last edited by TazzMission; 07-23-2021 at 04:48 AM.
Old 07-26-2021, 12:12 AM   #4167
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Bought Beyond Light, but had to do a bunch of chores and I was chasing both the last kill I needed for the Dredgen title and also raising up my Division 2 season pass, as well as a few household chores, so I haven't had a minute to even try to do the campaign or LFG for Trials to get the SMG. I'll have to do that tomorrow night.

For the past few hours it's been raining like hell. Pool's almost filled to the brim, the lights started flickering the moment I turned on my console, so I'm just going to do my gaming after Monday's shift is over.

Old 07-26-2021, 07:45 AM   #4168
Parrylakks
Neko Samurai

I completed this season's challenges in Destiny today, and watched a friend burn out on the game as we ran some Trials for one of them. Pretty sad, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's back on in a couple weeks. As for myself. Now that I'm done with the season, I'll probably only play when my clan wants to Raid or they need a third for some Nightfalls.

I also finally started God of War this past week, so I'll probably focus on that for awhile.
Old 08-01-2021, 10:54 PM   #4169
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Player stats for Spider-Man: Miles Morales (big pic)

Old 08-02-2021, 01:46 AM   #4170
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Managed to grind the 3-win bounty for Trials of Osiris and got my Warlock a spiffy new helmet. I need to do my Titan and Hunter, at least my Titan, tomorrow night. We also managed to get a fairly skilled third player and we scored a few wins, rounds only and not matches, but it got me my Shayura's Wrath sub-machine gun and that thing is a nice addition to my arsenal. I'm going to have to make a habit of cliff jumping every weekend. Managed to put a little time into clearing a few unnecessary items from my vault but there's a long way to go before things are handled. Haven't gotten Beyond Light campaign progressed for a little bit so I need to get back to that one day.

I also spent a portion of this morning doing missions and gained around ten levels in the Division 2 season pass, so I should be able to finish everything before the season ends in around 4 weeks.

Old 08-11-2021, 01:09 AM   #4171
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

So the final mission and associate character material are out today for Destiny 2's Season of the Splicer. I accidentally skipped the cutscene on my Hunter but watched it online. Gotta say the things happening have been generally positive in my eyes but with some drawbacks, such as where the fuck the other factions have been since only Future War Cult was focused on. But now they're all done for, so I guess Bungie no longer has to ever bother pretending to care about them.

I was going to buy a new chair and saw GT Racing was having a sale, but the model I liked was both out of stock and nearly $200, so I said fuck no and hit up eBay like usual. Looked around and saw some decent stuff and then found the exact GTR model I wanted. Guy was selling it at half the manufacturer's price and allowing offers, but he didn't accept my offer so I just decided to purchase it outright; I simply couldn't pass up a deal this good. But now I have to wait for it to arrive.

Old 08-11-2021, 10:57 PM   #4172
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

A slew of resignations and terminations at Blizzard Activision. The overwhelmingly hostile work environment has led to abused employees and outraged investors to file lawsuits, and the pathetic excuse of a company to hire a law firm widely known for union busting to prevent the employees from getting traction against them.

Nearly maxed out the Division 2 season pass. I'd like to knock out some of the other more tedious commendations but yeah, I'm definitely going to need to LFG for it because those ones are so damn specific that I can't realistically hope to expect randoms to play along with my needs.

As for Destiny 2, I could use better leg armor for my Titan but of course turning in 1,800 Vanguard tokens and checking the various vendors and trying to focus some engrams has left me with nothing worth using over what I already have. Waiting game now commences.

Old 08-13-2021, 07:54 AM   #4173
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Playing Castlevania anniversary collection on ps4. I forgot how easily frustrating old nes games can be

Thank you fuck you bye
Old 08-13-2021, 12:57 PM   #4174
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
Playing Castlevania anniversary collection on ps4. I forgot how easily frustrating old nes games can be
Yeah, I beat the 1st Castlevania on my NES mini but I could only do it because the “system” has saved states. I could’ve never done it with just the lives I got. Played a little of #2, but I know that one’s rep and will not try to finish it. Played some SotN and others. It’s a fun series for horror fans.
Old 08-13-2021, 03:08 PM   #4175
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
Yeah, I beat the 1st Castlevania on my NES mini but I could only do it because the “system” has saved states. I could’ve never done it with just the lives I got. Played a little of #2, but I know that one’s rep and will not try to finish it. Played some SotN and others. It’s a fun series for horror fans.
Its crazy to see how fn op those Medusa heads are

Thank you fuck you bye