Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > General > General/About Us
FLASHCHAT

General

Old 09-14-2021, 08:39 PM   #5876
Jeff
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
Guess I'm going to live longer than you guys. I just turned 49, and haven't had a midlife crisis yet.

Are you sure you're human? Or from Planet 9 possibly?

J/k. It's odd to hear of someone who has never questioned their purpose/meaning/existence in relation to the world around them. I do it on a daily basis, but not nearly as bad as when I went through "the dark times".
Old 09-15-2021, 02:42 PM   #5877
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

I feel extraordinarily blessed. I just celebrated my 26th anniversary, and our marriage is still going strong.

I've got three kids that I love dearly, and while that hasn't been without its trials (some more stressful than others), I wouldn't trade it for anything.

And I have my faith, which has served me well in the tough times, and been a source of genuine connection to something larger than myself (which is somewhat important to me, since my usual natural instinct is to be rather inward focused).

Really, I feel like for me to have what I picture as a "mid-life crisis" would require something external to seriously disrupt the life I'm living now. I don't doubt it could happen, but all I can do is trust to the positive aspects in my life to see me through if (probably when) it does.
Old 09-15-2021, 03:23 PM   #5878
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
I feel extraordinarily blessed. I just celebrated my 26th anniversary, and our marriage is still going strong.

I've got three kids that I love dearly, and while that hasn't been without its trials (some more stressful than others), I wouldn't trade it for anything.

And I have my faith, which has served me well in the tough times, and been a source of genuine connection to something larger than myself (which is somewhat important to me, since my usual natural instinct is to be rather inward focused).

Really, I feel like for me to have what I picture as a "mid-life crisis" would require something external to seriously disrupt the life I'm living now. I don't doubt it could happen, but all I can do is trust to the positive aspects in my life to see me through if (probably when) it does.
See for me im not married with kids i haven't had the honor. Lately ive had death on my mind where its like woa one day ill no longer exist. Im not afraid of death its part of life but lately i wish i did more and can change a few things

Thank you fuck you bye
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 05:17 PM   #5879
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
I feel extraordinarily blessed. I just celebrated my 26th anniversary, and our marriage is still going strong...
Excellent, congrats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
See for me im not married with kids i haven't had the honor. Lately ive had death on my mind where its like woa one day ill no longer exist. Im not afraid of death its part of life but lately i wish i did more and can change a few things
You should speak with the pastor of the church you were baptized in.

"Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there you may be also."
--John 14:1-3
Old 09-15-2021, 08:27 PM   #5880
Jeff
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:

I'm sort of in the same boat as Tazz. Maybe my personal mission is different, but I'm thinking at this stage I have more days behind me than in front of me. There is a small bucket list of things I would like to do before I jump in the fire, and I don't see time the same way as I used to. The days/weeks/months just seem to fly by at an alarming rate. It's scary. Plus I have no kids except the dog, my only close relative that lives with me is 94, and I am scared AF about being alone.
Old 09-15-2021, 08:28 PM   #5881
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
I'm sort of in the same boat as Tazz. Maybe my personal mission is different, but I'm thinking at this stage I have more days behind me than in front of me. There is a small bucket list of things I would like to do before I jump in the fire, and I don't see time the same way as I used to. The days/weeks/months just seem to fly by at an alarming rate. It's scary. Plus I have no kids except the dog, my only close relative that lives with me is 94, and I am scared AF about being alone.
I sympathize. I'm 41 and not really healthy (hitting 90 something is unlikely) and my close family is all older than me.
Old 09-15-2021, 08:31 PM   #5882
Jeff
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
I sympathize. I'm 41 and not really healthy (hitting 90 something is unlikely) and my close family is all older than me.

So my question is: what are we gonna do when the inevitable day comes that we find ourselves on our own?
Old 09-16-2021, 02:46 PM   #5883
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
In my family 83 is what we make it to like my grandmother who is my moms mom. However my mom died at 60 and her sister my aunt died at 73 i wanna say this January . I know nothing about my dads medical family tree so its frustrating

Thank you fuck you bye
Old 10-01-2021, 02:40 AM   #5884
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Progress update been over a month since surgery. Feel great seeing dr to get revaluated to go back to work on October 12

Thank you fuck you bye
Old 10-12-2021, 02:12 PM   #5885
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Revaluation day today with surgeon. Hopefully he signs off on returning to work. Been 4 months

Thank you fuck you bye
Old 10-15-2021, 03:28 PM   #5886
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Went back to work two days ago. Feel great to be back

Thank you fuck you bye
Old 10-15-2021, 03:30 PM   #5887
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Went back to work two days ago. Feel great to be back
Glad to hear it. Good luck.
Old 10-15-2021, 03:51 PM   #5888
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Glad to hear it. Good luck.
Thanks. My boss had a sigh of relief when i gave him my back to work order Tuesday. We are very short staffed now to where we have no guys for carts. One of the owners did them yesterday. Nobody wants to work

Thank you fuck you bye
Old Yesterday, 12:52 AM   #5889
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Not going to lie im a little nervous above my first vaccine dose Saturday. Needles dont bother me but i dont know What to believe anymore in terms of it causes death's

Thank you fuck you bye
Old Yesterday, 01:05 PM   #5890
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

Quote:
Not going to lie im a little nervous above my first vaccine dose Saturday. Needles dont bother me but i dont know What to believe anymore in terms of it causes death's
If I recall it was only the single dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine that was linked to a very rare instance of blood clots. Unless you have some sort of allergy to the vaccine contents, I don't recall hearing about any serious problems with either of the two dose vaccines.
Old Yesterday, 01:10 PM   #5891
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
If I recall it was only the single dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine that was linked to a very rare instance of blood clots. Unless you have some sort of allergy to the vaccine contents, I don't recall hearing about any serious problems with either of the two dose vaccines.
Im getting moderna. Now the only allergies i have are seasonal thats it. Pain i can handle since i have a high tolerance for it. Just glad im off the weekend in case of any reaction. I had a battery of tests done before surgery so everything came out ok including heart. The heart strain is what made me pause

Thank you fuck you bye

Last edited by TazzMission; Yesterday at 01:13 PM.