The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Other Comics
FLASHCHAT

Miscellaneous GL Comics
Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 06:04 PM   #1051
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

I hope this officially becomes true.

I really didn't like Garfield as Peter Parker.

Additionally, if this is true, it give a certain amount of validation that the Mark Webb/Andrew Garfield Spidey flicks weren't very good.
Old 01-14-2015, 06:04 PM   #1052
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Fantastic Four Trailer Attached to Kingsman: The Sercret Service
Old 01-14-2015, 06:05 PM   #1053
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Primus View Post

Additionally, if this is true, it give a certain amount of validation that the Mark Webb/Andrew Garfield Spidey flicks weren't very good.
Nah. It gives validation that it didn't make as much money as Sony hoped.
Old 01-14-2015, 06:33 PM   #1054
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Primus View Post

garfield was fine and wile i like the first asm i found asm2 just simply tolerable. not great not terrible as people make it out to be. i do like the idea of marvel gunning for a older peter wich i have stated many times is the best solution because how many times can one company have there hero still in highschool being played by a guy who is in his early 30's?

Thank you fuck you bye
Old 01-14-2015, 06:34 PM   #1055
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

I'm all for Marvel getting Spidey back. I will agree that Andrew's Peter Parker left quite a bit to be desired but I really thought his Spider-man was pretty spot on.
Old 01-14-2015, 06:38 PM   #1056
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern A-train View Post
I'm all for Marvel getting Spidey back. I will agree that Andrew's Peter Parker left quite a bit to be desired but I really thought his Spider-man was pretty spot on.
if this does indeed happen i will have hope that maybe fox can do something similar with say fantastic four. if any franchise needs a total marvel make over its that one because ff1 was ok i wont lie i enjoyed it. now 2............... i found very upseting. the reboot..... honestly i have no faith in it succeeding i really dont i believe the xmen franchise is good at fox when its x1, x2, first class and dofp. x3 wolverine dont exist in my mind at all

Thank you fuck you bye
Old 01-14-2015, 07:30 PM   #1057
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
Nah. It gives validation that it didn't make as much money as Sony hoped.
Nah. If Sony really felt confident with the quality and vision for Spider-man why even bother collaborating with Marvel. Spider-Man has been on a box office decline and Sony does not know what to do with the character and thus pushing back plans for Amazing Spider-Man 3 and having a "Spidey Summit" discuss the future of the franchise.
Old 01-14-2015, 07:41 PM   #1058
Booster Beetle
Will break before he bends

Old 01-14-2015, 11:12 PM   #1059
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

SONY DENIES SPIDER-MAN/"AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR" RUMOR
Quote:
When reached by CBR News, a Sony Pictures representative dismissed the report, calling it an "old rumor" with "no validity whatsoever."
Old 01-14-2015, 11:36 PM   #1060
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Damn.

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021
Old 01-14-2015, 11:42 PM   #1061
Booster Beetle
Will break before he bends

Old 01-14-2015, 11:50 PM   #1062
JohnnyV
Pictionary Master

LOL, such a roller coaster of EMOTION!!

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter
Old 01-15-2015, 12:38 AM   #1063
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyV View Post
EMOTION!!

Old 01-15-2015, 12:42 AM   #1064
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Well, I'm not surprised the rumor has been squashed by Sony. That's why I check my enthusiasm until an official announcement is made.

EDIT: The article notes that the denial does not preclude a deal down the road between Sony and Marvel.

Last edited by Darth_Primus; 01-15-2015 at 01:01 AM.
Old 01-15-2015, 12:43 PM   #1065
W.West

BOOOO: Mean Old Marvel Says No To Hunks And Babes; Anka & Wada Drop ‘Swimsuit Special’ Plans
Old 01-15-2015, 03:00 PM   #1066
W.West

Captain America writers tease Civil War, Black Panther and Peggy Carter’s involvement

Quote:
hough Marvel is already set to rock the world of the MCU with Avengers: Age of Ultron this year, next year’s Captain America: Civil War will see Steve Rogers and Tony Stark go toe-to-toe, which we already saw glimpses of in the first “Avengers.” Speaking at TCA (via IGN) for “Marvel’s Agent Carter,” screenwriters Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely, who have written all three “Captain America” films, were asked about “Civil War” and provided some interesting teases, including how long the idea for adapting the series into a film has been an option.

“It’s been on and off the table for a while, let’s put it that way,” McFeely said. “And it’s a challenge to do it and make sure that all the characters that we’ve established, and everyone’s established in the MCU are serviced and sound correct, right? Because there’s a difference between the characters in Civil War, which was written in 2006, 2007. The MCU doesn’t exist [when it was written]. There isn’t a Robert Downey Jr. or Chris Evans who has helped create the character so we need to make sure that that template gets adjusted and what have you in order to make sure it services these characters and not just sort of rip off their parts and make them look like them.’

This being their third “Captain America” script and the second film for Anthony and Joe Russo at the helm, why did Marvel choose to bring them back?

“I think part of the reason for bringing back us and bringing back the [Russo] brothers is because Marvel is very pleased with Winter Soldier aesthetically. I think it’s a really adult movie. It’s very well made and that’s partly the texture of the movie. You can argue it’s the most realistic of the Marvel movies, whatever that is to you. I think it’s fair to say that a Russo brothers movie will stay in that vein.”

The pair were asked about how Peggy Carter might play into “Civil War,” given her relationship with Steve Rogers and Tony’s father Howard Stark.

“As we have not started shooting, and I’m on my fourth draft of many, that question [of who Peggy was to Tony Stark] has been in and out all over the place so who knows,” McFeely replied. “So many things can shake out but we’ve had conversations and we pitched scenes. Some stay and some don’t. But we saw [Peggy] in Winter Soldier, so we know she’s around”.

Chadwick Boseman’s Black Panther also came up, as he will be introduced in Captain America: Civil War before jumping to his own solo feature film.

“I’ll keep that one close to the vest,” said McFeely, “but I’m very gratified that they went with Chadwick and that he said yes because he’s a good get.”
Old 01-15-2015, 06:52 PM   #1067
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

didnt peggy have alzheimer's ?

Thank you fuck you bye
Old 01-15-2015, 08:07 PM   #1068
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Noooooooooo!

Old 01-15-2015, 10:10 PM   #1069
Fearless
Agent Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
didnt peggy have alzheimer's ?

They're not talking about rolling her out in a wheelchair and have her gunning down HYDRA agents for the movie, Tazz, it'd probably be flashbacks or namedrops.
Old 01-15-2015, 11:06 PM   #1070
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

BleedingCool: Fantastic Four Movie “A Mess”, Goes To Reshoot, Louisiana Sets Being Rebuilt?
Quote:
We get the word that people at Fox are not happy with the upcoming Fantastic Four movie, directed by Josh Trank. While some have called it “Chronicle 2 rather than Fantastic 4″ , this is clearly not what the studio was looking for.

One well-connected senior executive described it to me as “a mess”. And multiple sources are telling me about major disquiet at Fox regarding the state of the movie.

A year ago, I was directly told by primary sources that Fox were approaching other directors and writers to take on the project and start from scratch, though they didn’t find anyone willing. Fox denied this at the time.

As it stands, I’m told that reshoots are now being demanded, that millions of dollars are being freed up for the purpose and sets are being rebuilt in Louisiana.

Anyone close by able to take a peek?

In comparison, the other non-Marvel Studios movie based on a Marvel comic book Kingsman: The Secret Service, has gone down very well indeed. Slightly dodgy CGI, possibly, but it’s described as a real breath of fresh air.
FANTASTIC FOUR Is Going In For Reshoots
Quote:
Bleeding Cool reports that Fantastic Four will be heading back to Louisiana for some reshoots in the near future, and I can confirm that yes, this is true. But I can also confirm that these additional shooting days have been planned for well over a month, and that they don't inherently tell us anything about the quality of the film.

I haven't seen the movie, so I don't want to jump to any conclusions about whether it's good or not - I have certainly spoken to people who have seen it who think it's quite good and I've spoken to people who have heard it's a mess - but it's also important to keep in mind that we shouldn't jump to conclusions about what these reshoots mean either. My sources tell me that the additional shooting is going to add some more action to what has shaken out to be a character-driven film. Despite some rumors to the contrary I have been told - as recently as this week - that Josh Trank remains as the director on the film and will be overseeing these additional shooting days.

My take is that Fox, unsure what the movie is and how to market it, has shot themselves in the foot by withholding for so very long. There's a trailer coming soon, but by the time that hits every frame is going to get dissected in search of problems and mistakes. This is very much an old school origin story - they aren't really "The Fantastic Four" until the very end of the movie - and I wonder if that has left Fox confused with what to show and how to show it.

I will say one thing: a lot of the 'it's a mess' stuff I'm hearing about Fantastic Four sounds exactly like (and is coming from some of the same people) what I heard about Rise of the Planet of the Apes a few months out. That film, without its CGI in place, seemed like an embarrassment waiting to happen, but once the FX work was complete Fox found themselves with a great film and a franchise-starter on their hands. Is that the case with Fantastic Four? I know a lot of the big impact scenes are FX heavy, and that The Thing is totally CG, so possibly.

Here's the thing: I know a lot of people are rooting for Fantastic Four to end up back at Marvel, but even if this film tanks I don't think that will happen. Fox has the players under contract and Miles Teller and Michael B. Jordan and Kate Mara and Jamie Bell aren't getting any less popular or famous in the next few years. Fox will drive ahead with a sequel, even if they have to course correct in a major, enormous way. In a best case scenario Fantastic Four doesn't return to Marvel until some time in the 2020s, so put away the knives.
Old 01-15-2015, 11:28 PM   #1071
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Talk about a beleaguered franchise. At this rate, we'll be lucky to get bootlegs from Taiwan.

Old 01-16-2015, 01:08 AM   #1072
W.West

Every big action movie has reshoots.
Old 01-16-2015, 02:11 AM   #1073
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Old 01-16-2015, 02:16 AM   #1074
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

What the Deuce?
Wet the Donkey?
Willem the Defoe?

Old 01-16-2015, 03:05 AM   #1075
IonFan
Forum Member

and over the fact Marvel killed the FF comic over this piss poor film (and we haven't even seen a trailer yet and it's already bad )

IonFan says

Quote:
MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER
Closed Thread