The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Other Comics
FLASHCHAT

Miscellaneous GL Comics

Old 08-23-2020, 01:44 PM   #1751
Space Cop
The Dandy

Since the games is called Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League, I think more than evil Supes will be involved, but that's whose in the trailer. It's look good, but I don't think I'll be upgrading my video game systems anymore, so I probably am not getting it.
Old 08-24-2020, 05:10 AM   #1752
Big Blue Lantern
Corps Honor Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ωmega Man View Post
Not sure if DC Fan-Dome had it's own thread but the bits I managed to get from it...

* Suicide Squad is getting a video game that includes Harley, Boomerang, Deadshot, and King Shark. Their mission is to take down.... a corrupted Superman.

* Gotham Knights will also be a video game featuring Nightwing, Batgirl, Robin, and Red Hood defending Gotham from the Court of Owls... AFTER BATMAN DIES!

* Ben Afleck has signed on to be Batman again in the Flashpoint movie.

* The Snyder Cut Trailer had a lot of new footage including Darksied and Snyder's version of Steppenwolf.

* Trailer for the Robert Pattinson Batman film was good, however the Riddler seems to be quite a departure from what we're used to in the same way the Arkham games reinvented Scarecrow to make him even more terrifying.

The only thing I never really saw was anything for the actual comics. Calling it now though, with all of these live action Batmen... I'll put $ on it.... We're gonna see a Batman Who Laughs in live action as well as a Multiverse Batman movie.
Fandome was mostly a celebration of Batman and Wonder Woman with a little Sandman and Suicide Squad thrown in. GL was non-existent, and there was very little said about the comics.
Old 08-24-2020, 12:30 PM   #1753
Space Cop
The Dandy

^I just watched the trailers, though I briefly signed on for one Zoom panel, but clicked off before I could even narrow down the topic.
Old 12-19-2020, 08:27 PM   #1754
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

The new DCU post Infinite Frontier and Future State is a bit underwhelming. Bendis' Justice League roster is questionable at the very least, especially considering Green Arrow will lead rather than Superman or Batman?!? And no solo Aquaman title... you know the character who had a billion dollar movie... yeah apparently his book is gone.

Ωmega Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 03:34 AM   #1755
Big Blue Lantern
Corps Honor Guard

Quote:
The new DCU post Infinite Frontier and Future State is a bit underwhelming. Bendis' Justice League roster is questionable at the very least, especially considering Green Arrow will lead rather than Superman or Batman?!? And no solo Aquaman title... you know the character who had a billion dollar movie... yeah apparently his book is gone.

]
I have to question that move. Aquaman's film is arguably DC's biggest success story of the last 3 years. It stands to reason that they would not only want one Aquaman title, but several.
Old 12-21-2020, 04:42 AM   #1756
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

14 of the 34 comics shipping that month for DC are Batman related titles. More books are to be announced and an Aquaman relaunch would be obvious. People and pros are saying Marvel is gonna start cutting back soon as well...

I hate the news cause I've always been more of a B list and C list hero kinda guy. I enjoy the underdogs. Hawkman getting cancelled blew my mind cause the series was fantastic. I still look forward to any JSA related news but it looks like they're pushing those plans back a bit too.

I also really miss having Captain Atom in the JL. Any time new guys are brought in Firestorm usually gets the call but Cap is left hanging. This time they both get nerfed for Adam, WW's mom, and Naomi [who should have an actual codename by now...]. If I could trade in those last three I'd toss Cap in there along with Vixen and Metamorpho.
Old 12-21-2020, 03:51 PM   #1757
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Lantern View Post
I have to question that move. Aquaman's film is arguably DC's biggest success story of the last 3 years. It stands to reason that they would not only want one Aquaman title, but several.
Movies don't drive new readers to comics - from December 2018 (Aquaman's release) to March 2020 (last normal month pre-pandemic) the Aquaman title averaged about 23k in sales.

Quote:
Hawkman getting cancelled blew my mind cause the series was fantastic.
From December 2018 - March 2020 Hawkman averaged a little over 17k in sales. Fun book, I enjoyed it but apparently you, me and like five other people were reading it.
Old 12-21-2020, 09:50 PM   #1758
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

I think DC spends too much time promoting the wrong books. Rather than have the same advertisements in all of their books, they should have different ones for different themes. Most of the Bat books should promote each other save for the top two ['tec and Batman] which should promote events and crossovers. Superman titles should promote each other in the same way with Action promoting events and crossovers. Justice League and Titans should promote the broader DCU and affiliated characters, and the broader books would also promote each other.

And we haven't had many small crossovers in some time and that bugs me too. I can't think of anything recent other than Batman/Flash with 'the Button' arc. A title like Green Arrow or Aquaman could've benefited tremendously from crossing over with Superman or Batman but that seems to be reserved for newer characters and concepts now. The fact that GL, GA, and the Flash haven't crossed over more often is downright criminal.

I'm also still a bit salty we never got that Superman/Hawkman/Grifter crossover back during the New52.
Old 06-02-2021, 04:35 PM   #1759
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

I read the other day that that other gay lion. Bert Lahr of The Wizard of Oz, threatened to sue Daws Butler over the voice he did for Snagglepuss.
Trey Strain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 03:41 AM   #1760
Big Blue Lantern
Corps Honor Guard

I definitely enjoyed the Stargirl Spring Break special. It will lead into a new Stargirl series and some type of JSA series, the latter featuring Alan and Jade. I'm looking forward to that.
Old 06-14-2021, 06:14 AM   #1761
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Netflix released a bts video of the live action sandman series with neil gaiman. He confirmed on twitter its based on the first 2 graphic novels prelude and nocturnes. Ill get thost digitaly when i recover from surgery

Thank you fuck you bye
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 04:13 AM   #1762
Big Blue Lantern
Corps Honor Guard

Our thoughts on the Stargirl SB Special, and the return of the JSA.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 07-05-2021, 05:35 AM   #1763
Big Blue Lantern
Corps Honor Guard

I got the Green Arrow 80th Anniversary Special with the Neal Adams GA-GL cover. There wasn't a lot of GL representation in this, but it was still a sweet book. The Denny O'Neil story was extremely emotional.
Old 08-01-2021, 11:50 PM   #1764
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021
Agent Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 09:03 PM   #1765
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

Jim Lee says DC will continue to publish comics.

https://comicbook.com/dc/news/dc-com...umor-reaction/
Old 09-10-2021, 02:22 PM   #1766
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

Mark Waid is finally coming back to DC and Superman with something for Black Label. Great news considering most of Black Label has just been more Batman.
Old 09-10-2021, 04:05 PM   #1767
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

I'm all done with Mark Waid and don't see myself buying new comics of his going forward. He is the very definition of a horrible human being.
Old 09-10-2021, 09:31 PM   #1768
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
I'm all done with Mark Waid and don't see myself buying new comics of his going forward. He is the very definition of a horrible human being.
I don't know about that, but there's no reason to think that anybody who's been writing comics for as long as he has is going to somehow recapture his mojo. Every writer has a finite number of good stories in him, and he wrote his good ones long ago.
Old 09-13-2021, 03:49 AM   #1769
Big Blue Lantern
Corps Honor Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
Jim Lee says DC will continue to publish comics.

https://comicbook.com/dc/news/dc-com...umor-reaction/
There were rumors that DC was going to shut down this past June, and that obviously didn't happen. I attribute these cyclical rumors to the idea that print comics can't exist long-term in a digital world. That idea has existed since the 1990s, but comics are still thriving. Until we experience a couple of generations who no longer want physical media for any purpose, comics will still be a part of the entertainment world.