The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > General > General/About Us
FLASHCHAT

General
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2021, 12:50 PM   #751
Space Cop
The Dandy
 
Space Cop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Third State
Posts: 28,587
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Gang Members Established ĎAutonomous Zoneí in Atlanta, Killed Eight-Year-Old Girl during Police Protest
__________________
I wish I could find a good book to live in.
óMelanie
Space Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 12:57 PM   #752
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe
 
Trey Strain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,005
Default

Fuck this clown up one side and down the other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrXysHNCxLI
__________________
The pandemic should have ended in the United States in March. You know why it didn't, don't you? Think about that every time you put on a mask.
Trey Strain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 01:16 PM   #753
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe
 
Trey Strain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,005
Default

Yep.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/greg-...b0ff60bf7b14a3
__________________
The pandemic should have ended in the United States in March. You know why it didn't, don't you? Think about that every time you put on a mask.
Trey Strain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 11:48 PM   #754
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man
 
Agent Purple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Isengard
Posts: 15,093
Blog Entries: 3
Default

I wanted to post this in Weird News because it's so damn bizarre, but I guess it fits here just as well:

China erases billionaire actress Zhao Wei from history
__________________
Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021
Agent Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 03:15 PM   #755
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe
 
Trey Strain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,005
Default

Everything about this is scandalous.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/alex-murd...ase-drug-rehab
__________________
The pandemic should have ended in the United States in March. You know why it didn't, don't you? Think about that every time you put on a mask.
Trey Strain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 03:20 PM   #756
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe
 
Trey Strain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,005
Default

She was obviously a mess, and very different from the carefree image she projected on YouTube.

And now it's come out that she suffered from crippling anxiety, and that he heard voices. The shiny, happy, exuberant "influencers" who have hundreds of thousands of followers are usually fakes.

https://abc7ny.com/gabby-petito-body...elle/11024439/
__________________
The pandemic should have ended in the United States in March. You know why it didn't, don't you? Think about that every time you put on a mask.
Trey Strain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 03:43 PM   #757
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe
 
Trey Strain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,005
Default

It's unbelievable that things like this still go on in the United States in 2021. This is from the 1950s and earlier.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...aybe-more.html
__________________
The pandemic should have ended in the United States in March. You know why it didn't, don't you? Think about that every time you put on a mask.
Trey Strain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 02:08 AM   #758
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe
 
Trey Strain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,005
Default

Re Gabby and Brian: If she hadn't been committed to keeping up the pretense of perfect bliss in her van life, she might have told the police the truth about her situation and saved her life.
__________________
The pandemic should have ended in the United States in March. You know why it didn't, don't you? Think about that every time you put on a mask.
Trey Strain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 10:23 PM   #759
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 27,297
Default

Not sure where to post this but two things this week has me outraged. 1. Being marvel will rename xmen to be more inclusive and its quoted saying the term is outdated and 2. Venom will come out as gay in venom let there be carnage andy serkis calls it a coming-out scene. Im typing from the ps4 so i recommend you all google it.
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

Thank you fuck you bye

Last edited by TazzMission; 09-27-2021 at 10:25 PM.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 11:29 PM   #760
Space Cop
The Dandy
 
Space Cop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Third State
Posts: 28,587
Blog Entries: 2
Default

^I saw an article about the X-Men thing, but from what I saw she said in the past thatís what she would do. Itís not necessarily a done deal. Of course, she still might, but I assume thereís a number of steps to changing an IP.
__________________
I wish I could find a good book to live in.
óMelanie
Space Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 11:38 PM   #761
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 27,297
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
^I saw an article about the X-Men thing, but from what I saw she said in the past thatís what she would do. Itís not necessarily a done deal. Of course, she still might, but I assume thereís a number of steps to changing an IP.
See heres the thing will the same be done to names that have girl or woman in it like batwoman batgirl ect? I feel like this is a attack on gender pronouns or if they dont do the same for women its a direct a attack on men in general
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

Thank you fuck you bye
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 11:39 PM   #762
Space Cop
The Dandy
 
Space Cop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Third State
Posts: 28,587
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
See heres the thing will the same be done to names that have girl or woman in it like batwoman batgirl ect? I feel like this is a attack on gender pronouns or if they dont do the same for women its a direct a attack on men in general
Oh, itís stupid. I agree. Iím just hoping thereís enough execs who say ďwait a minute, X-Men the brand makes a lot of money, slow down.Ē
__________________
I wish I could find a good book to live in.
óMelanie
Space Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 11:46 PM   #763
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 27,297
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
Oh, itís stupid. I agree. Iím just hoping thereís enough execs who say ďwait a minute, X-Men the brand makes a lot of money, slow down.Ē
sorry for being a broken record on repeat but would it be justifiable to say since things are outdated we can change the name of black panther to just the panther where a blonde hair blue eyed European wore the panther costume and it needs to be inclusive? Even better blade. People would flip there shit if blade was some ginger haired white guy named kevin and call it white washing.
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

Thank you fuck you bye
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 09:40 PM   #764
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man
 
Agent Purple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Isengard
Posts: 15,093
Blog Entries: 3
Default

Watched part of a town hall video where a father and daughter immediately go off the deep end in arguing against masks in frankly the most disturbing way possible.

The daughter comes to the mic first, identifies herself, and then begins by saying, "A famous politician once said, 'If you control the youth you control the future'" or something close to that.

The person she is referring to is Adolf fucking Hitler.

I didn't want to vomit up my lunch so I cut the viewing short, but it's Thompson School District, I think in South Dakota. Specifically I caught David Pakman's coverage of it.

That family desperately needs to get its collective ass to a Holocaust memorial and learn a major lesson.
__________________
Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021
Agent Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 01:28 AM   #765
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 27,297
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Purple View Post
Watched part of a town hall video where a father and daughter immediately go off the deep end in arguing against masks in frankly the most disturbing way possible.

The daughter comes to the mic first, identifies herself, and then begins by saying, "A famous politician once said, 'If you control the youth you control the future'" or something close to that.

The person she is referring to is Adolf fucking Hitler.

I didn't want to vomit up my lunch so I cut the viewing short, but it's Thompson School District, I think in South Dakota. Specifically I caught David Pakman's coverage of it.

That family desperately needs to get its collective ass to a Holocaust memorial and learn a major lesson.
Not excusing her hitler remarks but i find it hypocritical people pushing the vax are worried about keeping others alive but at the same time are pro abortion wich is the killing of a unborn child. The left argues my body my choice but apparently it dosent argue the same for people who refuse the vax. Isnt my body my choice or i dont get one because im a straight white male who dosent have vagina privilege? Once the left figures out there life priorities than they can lecture me about human morality and how decisions effect others
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

Thank you fuck you bye

Last edited by TazzMission; 10-05-2021 at 01:33 AM.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 02:55 PM   #766
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color
 
Mister Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 15,109
Default

Accusations of hypocrisy go both ways, though.

People that claim that one's right to do what they wish with their own body should be limited when another life is at stake cannot then claim that they should have total freedom to endanger others by refusing to follow pandemic mandates. At least not without being hypocritical.
__________________
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 03:34 PM   #767
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 27,297
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
Accusations of hypocrisy go both ways, though.

People that claim that one's right to do what they wish with their own body should be limited when another life is at stake cannot then claim that they should have total freedom to endanger others by refusing to follow pandemic mandates. At least not without being hypocritical.
I have not nor have i ever killed anyone let alone a unborn child. People argue rape or incest but nobody can give a accurate number on how many abortions Are done just on those particular reasons. Say if its like 1 percent of all abortions you still have 99 percent that are done because people refuse to be smart and use protection wether it be condoms or birth control. And im sorry if your to broke to where you cant afford a condom wich is probably a buck for just one Shouldnt that person think about the financial situation he or she is in And make a wiser decision to hold off till he or she can afford it?? Im no parent but kids aren't cheap. Id also like to add the father of said unborn child has zero say wich i think is wrong. I just think its hypocritical you can announce what percent of the country is or isnt vaxed but cant give a number on abortion simply based on rape or incest. Personally i feel we should eliminate abortion And replace it with vasectomy and tubligation with tax payer money. If people dont want kids they can do that and in the future if they change there minds they can adopt. Im not anti premarital sex im just anti stupid decision making and i also feel male or female need to be responsible if they become parents. I speak from being raised in a single mom home she had a rough time raising 3 kids and wile my relationship with her was horrible she never said oh its to much just abort him
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

Thank you fuck you bye

Last edited by TazzMission; 10-05-2021 at 03:48 PM.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 04:02 PM   #768
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color
 
Mister Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 15,109
Default

I'm not arguing in favor of abortion. I'm just saying it is hypocritical when people are so adamant about protecting unborn children, yet say "My Body, My Choice" when it comes to taking steps to protect the humans they come into contact with every day.
__________________
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 04:12 PM   #769
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 27,297
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
I'm not arguing in favor of abortion. I'm just saying it is hypocritical when people are so adamant about protecting unborn children, yet say "My Body, My Choice" when it comes to taking steps to protect the humans they come into contact with every day.
But thats the exact same argument the pro choice movement says. It may not be you specifically but cmon dude you really think unvaxed Americans ( thats not including illegal imigrants who aren't vax ) caused more deaths than abortion? People treat abortion like its a cure for a common cold and its normalized and accepted. Since unvaxinated people can lose there job have to show a vax id why cant we do the same for people who had abortion? Why is ok to violate my privacy if im vaxed or not but they who literally kill kids get a pass? We just took in about 100 unaccompanied kids from the Afghanistan fuck up here in Illinois and none of them are vaxed. Why isnt anyone addressing that? How many international travelers do you estimate are vaxed we allow in the usa?
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

Thank you fuck you bye

Last edited by TazzMission; 10-05-2021 at 04:16 PM.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 04:42 PM   #770
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color
 
Mister Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 15,109
Default

So your argument is, "If they don't stop abortion, then nobody should have to get a vaccine"? Because I'm not buying it.

It seems much more logical to say, "I think abortion is wrong, and for the same reasons I think it is wrong to refuse pandemic mandates."

Otherwise you are like the person that objects to theft, but argues that they should be allowed to steal small stuff because other people are getting away with stealing big stuff. If somebody really believes something is wrong, the fact that some people are getting away with it shouldn't make them argue that others should be allowed to as well.
__________________
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 04:56 PM   #771
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 27,297
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
So your argument is, "If they don't stop abortion, then nobody should have to get a vaccine"? Because I'm not buying it.

It seems much more logical to say, "I think abortion is wrong, and for the same reasons I think it is wrong to refuse pandemic mandates."

Otherwise you are like the person that objects to theft, but argues that they should be allowed to steal small stuff because other people are getting away with stealing big stuff. If somebody really believes something is wrong, the fact that some people are getting away with it shouldn't make them argue that others should be allowed to as well.
Let me ask you this . Should people who have had a abortion present there private info to a employer and should that person be not allowed to work? Your doing that for the unvaccinated. Nobodies talking about theft that's not the discussion.
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

Thank you fuck you bye
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 05:14 PM   #772
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color
 
Mister Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 15,109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
Let me ask you this . Should people who have had a abortion present there private info to a employer and should that person be not allowed to work? Your doing that for the unvaccinated. Nobodies talking about theft that's not the discussion.
Well, there's a difference, and it should be obvious.

Forcing people who had an abortion to reveal that, and preventing them from working because of it would be a purely punitive endeavor. Vaccine mandates are not.

A woman who had an abortion is not putting anybody in her workplace at risk due to that fact. An unvaccinated person is. They wouldn't be preventing the unvaccinated person from working as a punishment, they'd be doing it as a safety measure. If you can't see the difference, then there is really no point in continuing this discussion.
__________________
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 05:18 PM   #773
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 27,297
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
Well, there's a difference, and it should be obvious.

Forcing people who had an abortion to reveal that, and preventing them from working because of it would be a purely punitive endeavor. Vaccine mandates are not.

A woman who had an abortion is not putting anybody in her workplace at risk due to that fact. An unvaccinated person is. They wouldn't be preventing the unvaccinated person from working as a punishment, they'd be doing it as a safety measure. If you can't see the difference, then there is really no point in continuing this discussion.
So hypaa law shouldn't apply in terms of asking if people are or aren't vaccinated? Isn't it a person's right to have there medical information confidential? A vaccine would fall under that protection I assume. This isn't the republican tazz speaking this is tazz the guy who worked in assistant living hypaa is very important so if they can ask about vaccinnations what does that do about mental health? Basically what I'm asking is how much privacy should be invaded in sake of protecting others ? Do we just give up all rights to our privacy ?
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

Thank you fuck you bye

Last edited by TazzMission; 10-05-2021 at 05:23 PM.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 05:36 PM   #774
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color
 
Mister Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 15,109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
So hypaa law shouldn't apply in terms of asking if people are or aren't vaccinated? Isn't it a person's right to have there medical information confidential? A vaccine would fall under that protection I assume. This isn't the republican tazz speaking this is tazz the guy who worked in assistant living hypaa is very important so if they can ask about vaccinnations what does that do about mental health? Basically what I'm asking is how much privacy should be invaded in sake of protecting others ?
I think you have a misunderstanding of what HIPAA does. Given that vaccines are required in many different contexts already, and have been for years, it clearly doesn't mean what you think it does. It is a set of guidelines to prevent those that have a patient's health records from disclosing them without the patient's knowledge and consent. It has explicit exceptions for matters of public health.

And it wouldn't apply in this case, anyway, because HIPAA does not, in any way, limit an individual's ability to release their own health info. It also does not limit other's ability to request it from the patient themself. There are other laws in place to prevent discrimination based on health conditions or health history, and to prevent requiring people to reveal some such things, but vaccine status is not among those things, not when it is being required in the service of public safety.
__________________
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 05:39 PM   #775
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe
 
TazzMission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In my own head
Posts: 27,297
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
I think you have a misunderstanding of what HIPAA does. Given that vaccines are required in many different contexts already, and have been for years, it clearly doesn't mean what you think it does. It is a set of guidelines to prevent those that have a patient's health records from disclosing them without the patient's knowledge and consent. It has explicit exceptions for matters of public health. I can simply say I find abortion a public health crisis tomorrow and I gurantee you I'd be called a evil right wing republican who is anti reproduction rights. But than h government mandates let's kiss there asses and say yes and no sir

And it wouldn't apply in this case, anyway, because HIPAA does not, in any way, limit an individual's ability to release their own health info. It also does not limit other's ability to request it from the patient themself. There are other laws in place to prevent discrimination based on health conditions or health history, and to prevent requiring people to reveal some such things, but vaccine status is not among those things, not when it is being required in the service of public safety.
Who defines what is or isn't a public safety issue ? And just because someone can dosent mean there always correct. People die every year from the common flu yet no flu shot mandate
__________________
.................................................. ..........................

Thank you fuck you bye

Last edited by TazzMission; 10-05-2021 at 05:49 PM.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.