The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > General > General/About Us
FLASHCHAT

General

Old 07-22-2021, 05:01 PM   #2801
Space Cop
The Dandy

Daniel Bryan sounds like a done deal for AEW, but I won't believe CM Punk until I see him in a ring and actually wrestling.
Old 07-22-2021, 05:29 PM   #2802
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
Daniel Bryan sounds like a done deal for AEW, but I won't believe CM Punk until I see him in a ring and actually wrestling.
Rene young has a YouTube show called oral sessions where last year punk said hed love to wrestle a few guys from aew because he wrestled all big stars in wwe. A punk omega match Would draw huge and punk wrote some ovw tv before. Also he said money

Thank you fuck you bye
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 02:53 PM   #2803
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Glad finn balor is getting a shot again.

Thank you fuck you bye
Old 07-24-2021, 04:39 PM   #2804
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
Glad finn balor is getting a shot again.
Yep. I'd really like to see him bring back the Demon, though. I jumped back into WWE after he was pretty much done with that. I'd like to see it in something new.

Old 07-24-2021, 04:45 PM   #2805
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Yep. I'd really like to see him bring back the Demon, though. I jumped back into WWE after he was pretty much done with that. I'd like to see it in something new.

Na save the demon gimmick as a rare attraction. Make it special. The mythology of it Would be ruined if wwe had him lose all the time as demon king. Its based on real Irish mythology

Thank you fuck you bye
Old 07-24-2021, 05:36 PM   #2806
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

That's something else that Vince has never understood. When you have something special, you don't put it on free television every week until you wear it out. You put it in house shows, and show it on television only on special occasions.

When Ric Flair was old and nearing the end, that's what they should have done with him. But Vince put him on television every week, often making him job to guys who had no business beating him.

Vince has never thought that anything was special. To him, television, house shows and PPVs are all the same thing.

Guys like Khali and Hornswoggle could still be going if Vince had kept them in house shows and just put them on television once a month.

Last edited by Trey Strain; 07-24-2021 at 05:54 PM.
Trey Strain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 05:54 PM   #2807
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
That's something else that Vince has never understood. When you have something special, you don't put it on free television every week until you wear it out. You put it in house shows, and show it on television only on special occasions.

When Ric Flair was old and nearing the end, that's what they should have done with him. But Vince put him on television every week, often making him job to guys who had no business beating him.

Vince has never thought that anything was special. To him, television, house shows and PPVs are all the same thing.

Guys like Khali and Hornswoggle could still be going if Vince had kept them in house shows and just put them on television once a month.
Its the writers. There all Hollywood instead of regular wrestling bookers

Thank you fuck you bye
Old 07-24-2021, 05:57 PM   #2808
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Its the writers. There all Hollywood instead of regular wrestling bookers
But NOTHING goes on television unless Vince approves it.

Vince also ruins guys by turning them into clowns. He did that with Terry Taylor, Eugene and Dusty Rhodes.
Old 07-24-2021, 06:02 PM   #2809
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
But NOTHING goes on television unless Vince approves it.

Vince also ruins guys by turning them into clowns. He did that with Terry Taylor, Eugene and Dusty Rhodes.
From what i read guys like bruce prichard has to explain to vince about certain ideas. Thats why prichard is high on the totem pole. I also read vince became reclusive over the years where stephanie had to check on him. I mean vince is going to be 80 soon. There were concerns about his health last year. He looked horrible at hhh's 25th anniversary with the company on nxt

Thank you fuck you bye
Old 07-24-2021, 06:29 PM   #2810
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

The week after Austin taunted Jake Roberts with his Austin 3:16 remark, the stands were full of people holding up Austin 3:16 signs. Vince had to ask people what that meant.

Austin said he had a hell of a time convincing Vince to let him try out the Stone Cold character. He said Vince adamantly opposed it.

Jim Cornette said Vince wanted to call Vader the Mastodon. Cornette told him that Vader had been the WCW champion and that everybody knew who he was.

Vince is worse now, and Triple H and Stephanie are dong a good job of covering it up, but he's always had off-base ideas and been surprisingly out of touch.
Old 07-24-2021, 07:01 PM   #2811
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
The week after Austin taunted Jake Roberts with his Austin 3:16 remark, the stands were full of people holding up Austin 3:16 signs. Vince had to ask people what that meant.

Austin said he had a hell of a time convincing Vince to let him try out the Stone Cold character. He said Vince adamantly opposed it.

Jim Cornette said Vince wanted to call Vader the Mastodon. Cornette told him that Vader had been the WCW champion and that everybody knew who he was.

Vince is worse now, and Triple H and Stephanie are dong a good job of covering it up, but he's always had off-base ideas and been surprisingly out of touch.
Im more connerned about the now not 20 years ago. I think cornette hit it on the head when wwf used every idea to defeat wcw. I personally believe vince is either full autistic or aspergers. Notice the repetavness. I myself have aspergers so i can sort of see simularities

Thank you fuck you bye

Last edited by TazzMission; 07-24-2021 at 10:23 PM.
Old 07-24-2021, 10:23 PM   #2812
Space Cop
The Dandy

From the news I hear, it sounds like Vince has a very strong hold on RAW; a bit less on Smackdown; and basically ignores NXT.
Old 07-24-2021, 10:25 PM   #2813
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
From the news I hear, it sounds like Vince has a very strong hold on RAW; a bit less on Smackdown; and basically ignores NXT.
Yea i read the same. You know if he really dosent care about smackdown and main event why not just scrap it just stick to raw as the main show? Im sure thatll save him money since budget cuts are always argued for star releases. Also is 205 even a thing anymore? Seems like it quietly slipped into a abyss of no return

Thank you fuck you bye

Last edited by TazzMission; 07-24-2021 at 10:30 PM.
Old 07-25-2021, 04:24 AM   #2814
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Its being reported punk signed today and living colour who made cult of personality followed aew on twitter. Im not believing anything till punk is in a ring wrestling. Id love to of been a fly on that wall during negotioations

Thank you fuck you bye
Old 07-25-2021, 12:10 PM   #2815
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
ÖIm not believing anything till punk is in a ring wrestling. . .
Thatís what I say. But, as I think I mentioned, Iím not personally invested. I only know about Punk through retro watching. His whole run was from the long period I was away from wrestling.
Old 07-25-2021, 02:13 PM   #2816
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

It's ridiculous that Vince wants to have an A show (Raw) and a B show (Smackdown). That's just telling people to not watch Smackdown!

Geoff Johns did the same thing. The GL title he wrote (Green Lantern) was an A title, and the GL titles those scrubs over there wrote were B titles.

All that did was to serve Geoff. It didn't serve DC Comics.
Old 07-25-2021, 05:24 PM   #2817
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Thatís what I say. But, as I think I mentioned, Iím not personally invested. I only know about Punk through retro watching. His whole run was from the long period I was away from wrestling.
I admit i didn't get into him till 2011 with his pipebomb promo. You should look up a video on YouTube called cm punk people person. Its his promos from before wwe on the indies. Its like 9 minutes long. Talk about heel heat with the crowd

Thank you fuck you bye
Old 07-25-2021, 08:49 PM   #2818
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
It's ridiculous that Vince wants to have an A show (Raw) and a B show (Smackdown). That's just telling people to not watch Smackdown!
There are a ton of major problems with WWE's current product (scripted promos, for instance), but that is a huge one. Not only do they treat it like A and B, but they have this dumb brand warfare (culminating in Survivor Series now being solely red vs blue). They would be so improved if they cut Raw (which wastes a lot of time in filler) from 3 back to 2 hours and opened up the two shows to share talent and stories.
Old 07-25-2021, 11:28 PM   #2819
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
There are a ton of major problems with WWE's current product (scripted promos, for instance), but that is a huge one. Not only do they treat it like A and B, but they have this dumb brand warfare (culminating in Survivor Series now being solely red vs blue). They would be so improved if they cut Raw (which wastes a lot of time in filler) from 3 back to 2 hours and opened up the two shows to share talent and stories.
What they should have done, way back when Vince bought WCW, was to have two shows. Call one Raw and one Nitro.

Vince should have evened up the rosters, the writing staffs and the announcers tables, and had the guys from the two shows wrestle each other only on the PPVs. Only the world champion would have gone back and forth between the shows.
Old 07-26-2021, 04:10 AM   #2820
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
What they should have done, way back when Vince bought WCW, was to have two shows. Call one Raw and one Nitro.

Vince should have evened up the rosters, the writing staffs and the announcers tables, and had the guys from the two shows wrestle each other only on the PPVs. Only the world champion would have gone back and forth between the shows.
Why? If vince dosent care for nxt why would he care about his competition he bought? Based on interviews by high ranking guys in his circle vince treats his competition like he must destroy them. Other stories i heard from heyman is vince is so competitive he competes with his own sneezes he also hates head nodding at creative meetings according to Cornette and stephanie. Cornette even stated vince is such a workaholic he rushed through a dinner he attended just to get back to work . Props for his work ethnic but that has to be a sad life if you think about it. One interview stated vince sleeps for like 1 hour hits the gym then office. As for wcw and ecw wwe should utilize them with video games focused only on those rosters no wwe guys and a retro toy line with a 90's throwback cardback

Thank you fuck you bye

Last edited by TazzMission; 07-26-2021 at 04:16 AM.
Old 07-26-2021, 01:06 PM   #2821
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

Because when Vince bought WCW, the total size of the wrestling audience actually decreased!

Vince wants to make money. The purpose of putting a competitor out of business is to make money, not to be an asshole -- although a person who does that might very well be an asshole.

Most of the WCW fans simply went away. They just stopped watching wrestling. Vince could have kept them as his customers, but he stupidly destroyed the WCW brand and chased them away.

What he did was like Marvel buying DC and then canceling all of DC's titles.
Old 07-26-2021, 01:28 PM   #2822
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

Vince has been enormously successful -- but only for himself.

Jim Cornette pointed out the before Vince took over the industry the total number of people watching on television and attending events was far greater, far more people ere employed in the business, and the total amount of money being made was far greater.

Vince has been a disaster for the industry.
Old 07-31-2021, 12:44 AM   #2823
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

I read braun may go to bkbc aka bare knuckle boxing. Shits wild yall should peep there YouTube channel. Its boxing with bare knuckles. I guess Wyoming legalized it in 2018ish. Even chicks fight

Thank you fuck you bye
Old 07-31-2021, 04:56 PM   #2824
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Holy shit wwe just released bray wyatt. Wwe.Com announced it

Thank you fuck you bye
Old 08-03-2021, 12:49 AM   #2825
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

What is going on with wwe? Ric flair got his release he asked for today immediately and theres a contract experation with Adam cole coming up.._.._ whos running the company? Im in awe

Thank you fuck you bye