The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > General > General/About Us
FLASHCHAT

General

Old 04-08-2015, 06:16 PM   #1
Deadpool
Fight like a man: with your words, not your fists.

Default The Facial Hair Thread

What kind of facial hair if any do you guys have? Beard, stubble, goatee, long sideburns, short sideburns, nothing? Discuss here.

I have long sideburns, it's pretty much all I can grow for now, but it's still good. Eventually I'd probably go with stubble or beard, I'm happy with my sideburns though.

So how about you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Caesar View Post
If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker View Post
I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.
Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 06:21 PM   #2
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

I can't grow facial hair for shit. It all comes in as gross scraggily nastiness. What some people grow in a day takes me a week at least. I've always wanted to try a goatee.
Old 04-08-2015, 06:23 PM   #3
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

I've currently got a fairly impressive beard. Probably about 3 inches long.
Old 04-08-2015, 06:40 PM   #4
Jeff
Guardian of the Universe

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
I've currently got a fairly impressive beard. Probably about 3 inches long.
Pics or it didn't happen.
Old 04-08-2015, 06:48 PM   #5
Deadpool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern A-train View Post
I can't grow facial hair for shit. It all comes in as gross scraggily nastiness. What some people grow in a day takes me a week at least. I've always wanted to try a goatee.
Have you ever tried to grow anything? I mean try for like a month or so maybe, you could get something, it took me a couple of months I think to grow my sideburns. Or is it patchy?

But yeah, my cousin's boyfriend can't grow any facial hair either, it wouldn't suit him though.
Quote:
If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
Quote:
Old 04-08-2015, 06:56 PM   #6
Mister Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
Pics or it didn't happen.
I'll see what I can do...
Old 04-08-2015, 07:51 PM   #7
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

I normally stay clean shaven, but can grow a decent moustache, and that's about all. The connectors that are on the edge of my lips won't grow beyond peach fuzz, which has been a source of annoyance for years. I can grow sideburns, but not too thick; it's more of a gangsta rapper beard.

I can grow a pretty good Abe Lincoln, but just can't connect the goatee.

Old 04-08-2015, 09:32 PM   #8
Robinson
Guardian Of The Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
Have you ever tried to grow anything? I mean try for like a month or so maybe, you could get something, it took me a couple of months I think to grow my sideburns. Or is it patchy?

But yeah, my cousin's boyfriend can't grow any facial hair either, it wouldn't suit him though.
it would just look like pubes.
Old 04-08-2015, 09:35 PM   #9
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:

i have weird facial hair. its more like peach fuzz than a thick goatee

id kill to have good facial hair though

Thank you fuck you bye
TazzMission is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 09:36 PM   #10
Space Cop
The Dandy

Full beard but not very thick (there are pix around here in a few places). It probably looks a little thinner than it actually is because it's red/blonde. The cheeks don't grow very fast or thick, which is why I started with a mustache in grad school and a Van Dyke (goatee with mustache) when I graduated. Then, I got sick and was hospitalized without my razor for a while. When I got better I decided to give up shaving, but I trim frequently and a little too obsessively, which is another reason (besides that think cheek hair) I'll probably never have a Grizzly Adams beard (which I would love).

I might go back to a Van Dyke some day, but I'll probably never be clean shaven again. I personally think facial hair is more manly and better looking on 99% of guys. Plus, I'm round faced and short so without the beard I look baby faced.

Oh, and my beard mostly grows slow, so I can say from experience that even slow growers can cultivate a beard eventually. It's just a matter of whether you're willing to have a creepy, pubey beard for a month (it helped that I was in the hospital at the time, where people are willing to overlook many hygiene issues).

Last edited by Space Cop; 04-08-2015 at 09:39 PM.
Space Cop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 09:36 PM   #11
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
it would just look like pubes.
this
Old 04-08-2015, 09:43 PM   #12
Mister Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
When I got better I decided to give up shaving, but I trim frequently and a little too obsessively, which is another reason (besides that think cheek hair) I'll probably never have a Grizzly Adams beard (which I would love).
Mine is pretty Grizzly Adams-ish at the moment (especially if I comb it out, like I do on Halloween for my lumberjack costume).
Old 04-08-2015, 09:44 PM   #13
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Full beard but not very thick (there are pix around here in a few places). It probably looks a little thinner than it actually is because it's red/blonde. The cheeks don't grow very fast or thick, which is why I started with a mustache in grad school and a Van Dyke (goatee with mustache) when I graduated. Then, I got sick and was hospitalized without my razor for a while. When I got better I decided to give up shaving, but I trim frequently and a little too obsessively, which is another reason (besides that think cheek hair) I'll probably never have a Grizzly Adams beard (which I would love).

I might go back to a Van Dyke some day, but I'll probably never be clean shaven again. I personally think facial hair is more manly and better looking on 99% of guys. Plus, I'm round faced and short so without the beard I look baby faced.

ive had women tell me i look better with facial hair instead of without so i do my best to keep it nice as much as i could

Thank you fuck you bye
Old 04-08-2015, 09:46 PM   #14
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:

Unfortunately since I work in corporate America I have to always be clean shaven. My face would look too many for too long considering how long it would take me to grow something resembling a beard. My father used to have a full beard and my brother can grow one no problem but it seems to have skipped over me.
Old 04-08-2015, 09:49 PM   #15
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Unfortunately since I work in corporate America I have to always be clean shaven. My face would look too many for too long considering how long it would take me to grow something resembling a beard. My father used to have a full beard and my brother can grow one no problem but it seems to have skipped over me.
my cousin is in the same boat. his dad can grow one hell of a beard but he cant grow anything if his life depended on it

Thank you fuck you bye
Old 04-08-2015, 09:55 PM   #16
myuserid
Lantern Hex

I have to shave for work, but when I take my two week vacation every summer, I grow out the beard. Then curse my job when I have to shave it.

But, I'm looking for a new job, so if I find one that allows facial hair, I'm never shaving again.
Old 04-08-2015, 09:58 PM   #17
Mister Ed

I wonder if my kids will have the rapid, full beard growth their Dad is blessed/cursed with (depending on your point of view. I like it, but if I had to keep clean shaven, it would SUCK).
Old 04-08-2015, 10:10 PM   #18
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by myuserid View Post
I have to shave for work, but when I take my two week vacation every summer, I grow out the beard. Then curse my job when I have to shave it.

But, I'm looking for a new job, so if I find one that allows facial hair, I'm never shaving again.
I think it sucks that clean shave is considered the de facto "professional" look. 150 years ago and it was pretty much the opposite with top political and industrial leaders sporting all kinds of facial hair.

Now, they say you should go to job interviews clean shaven too, but since I graduated with a goatee I've never gone to a job interview clean shaven. If that's why HR isn't going to hire me, screw them. I keep it neat, anyway. It's not like one-day stubble or something.
Old 04-08-2015, 10:13 PM   #19
Deadpool

Not to brag, but I think eventually in a couple of years or so (maybe less if I'm extremely lucky), I'll be able to grow a full proper beard, if I take after my father, and from where I already get the odd stray hairs, it looks as if I will. He has to shave pretty high up too so I should be able to get a really nice big beard. Of course I could be wrong, but either way I think I'll be able to get at least a pretty good beard, but I might be tempting fate here by saying this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by myuserid View Post

Man, I'd hate to have to shave because work made me. That would suuuck. What line of work are you in?
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-08-2015, 10:15 PM   #20
Deadpool

Quote:
I think it sucks that clean shave is considered the de facto "professional" look. 150 years ago and it was pretty much the opposite with top political and industrial leaders sporting all kinds of facial hair.

Now, they say you should go to job interviews clean shaven too, but since I graduated with a goatee I've never gone to a job interview clean shaven. If that's why HR isn't going to hire me, screw them. I keep it neat, anyway. It's not like one-day stubble or something.
Yeah, I don't get it. If it's nice and neat, then it can look smart, heck even stubbles if done properly look smart.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-08-2015, 10:19 PM   #21
Space Cop
The Dandy

Yeah the only reason a work place should dictate whether you have a beard is if it's for safety. Firemen, for instance have to be clean shaven so their masks can make full contact with their skin.
Old 04-08-2015, 10:20 PM   #22
Deadpool

Quote:
Yeah the only reason a work place should dictate whether you have a beard is if it's for safety. Firemen, for instance have to be clean shaven so their masks can make full contact with their skin.
Yeah, I completely agree. I have a friend who's gonna work in the fire station or something like that, he currently has a beard (well chinstrap and moustache), and when he goes there he'll only be able to have a goatee or van dyke.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-08-2015, 10:26 PM   #23
Mister Ed

Quote:
I will admit that certain food prep people might want to be clean shaven, too, if only because the requisite facial hairnet if you aren't makes you look like an idiot.
Old 04-08-2015, 10:41 PM   #24
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
I will admit that certain food prep people might want to be clean shaven, too, if only because the requisite facial hairnet if you aren't makes you look like an idiot.
Well, I'd still think of that as in the realm of safety, health and safety I suppose, but there are others beside firemen. I could see Norelco, for instance, insisting their executives be shave.
Old 04-08-2015, 10:43 PM   #25
Mister Ed

Quote:
Well, I'd still think of that as in the realm of safety, health and safety I suppose, but there are others beside firemen. I could see Norelco, for instance, insisting their executives be shave.
I dunno, they do make this product:

Tags
deadpool spawned thread