The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Miscellaneous > Video Games
FLASHCHAT

Qward

Old 10-07-2021, 11:12 PM   #4201
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Saw an article on GameSpot that Jack Carver and The Jackal from Far Cry 2 have been confirmed to be the same person, a fan theory that was never before explicitly confirmed (in-game anyway).

I watched ACG's review of Far Cry 6 and maybe one day I'll bother with it, many patches and a heavy discount sale later (and probably on PS5 instead of 4).

Even though I want to play Trials of Osiris all weekend, on Sunday I might actually be doing a raid or two. My one friend is planning to do both Deep Stone Crypt and Garden of Salvation (I don't want to even try for Divinity, certainly not first run) and I'm praying we pull it off because I would love to get a well-rolled Reckless Oracle (and the shaders from each raid).

I'm slowly, slowly getting after the various pinnacles so that I can perhaps do Grandmaster Nightfalls one day and earn the Conqueror title. With the reduced power level grind I actually have a snowball's chance in Hell of reaching the 1330 base/1345 max to enter the mode, and although I know I'm going to struggle with a lot of the content it is a title I would love to earn and never remove (at least one character would always wear it). A pipe dream for now but maybe one day.

And hey, Bungie finally gave a modest update on the Content Vault. Might get Leviathan back in the near future, which means I might actually be able to earn the Calus's Selected shader. Might also have a small chance at the Luxurious Toast emote.

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021
Agent Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 02:29 AM   #4202
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Finished the Beyond Light story yesterday since I missed the damn raid cutoff, and just finished earning Shatterdive for my Hunter. Also grabbed all the dead Exos and penguins (since I decided I might as well try to get the Splintered title while I still can and there will gradually be less and less to do this prolonged season).

Festival of the Lost starts tomorrow. I still wish the monster costumes had won but maybe they'll appear down the road.

Old 10-13-2021, 01:08 AM   #4203
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Old 10-14-2021, 01:17 AM   #4204
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Really gotta hand it to Bungie: instead of a repeating haunted forest, we have a trio of haunted bunkers and hilarious spooky dialog while fighting a new enemy that's basically a pumpkin-headed lumbering giant. Love it.

We also get reprised old weapons, robotic dinosaur armor, and some other assorted goodies.

Going to be an enjoyable three weeks, although I still need to decide if I should get the new event armor or not (I'm liking it but not thrilled, and getting all three will be a sizable chunk of my bright dust).

PSN has a couple sales right now with some gems on offer, and at absurdly-good prices. Hell, I might even buy the Warmastered edition of Darksiders even though I have it already on original PS3 release because it's forwards-compatible with PS5 and has appealing upgrades.

Old 10-25-2021, 12:22 AM   #4205
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Freelance Trials was much better than I thought: I actually managed to get to six wins before running into sweat lords who absolutely destroyed my chance of going flawless for the first time. I also managed to make some small progress in reaching the Deadeye title (I also plan to get Splintered before I lose my chance).

Overall a better weekend, and now that I don't need to really try at Festival of the Lost (aside from doing the weekly bounties to restore some small amount of bright dust that I lost buying the dino armor), I can invest more time into other aspects of the game (need just a few more triumphs for Ruins of Wrath and then Shattered Realm will be thoroughly explored; not sure if I can convince clanmates to help with the legendary Astral/SR so that I can get the Realmwalker title but we'll see).