The Illustrated Man

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/top10/...lete-accidents

Found this to be fairly interesting.

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021
Agent Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 12:48 AM   #4127
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Finally got my new controller in and goddamn is the camera sensitive now in Destiny 2. I dropped the setting as low as I could and it's still throwing me off, and this is a perfectly functional model!

But everything seems to be working (haven't tested out the mic/headphone options yet, gonna do that tomorrow), but I'm for now glad I don't have anything broken model.

Old 04-03-2021, 05:42 PM   #4128
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

LCS clerk and I were talking. He used to work at GameStop and said he had to refuse a trade-in for a guy who brought in a box of old games. Most were worthless yearly sports titles but then the clerk saw a still-wrapped mint-condition copy of Chrono Trigger for SNES and he immediately refused the deal. Under Delaware law, those stores are classified as pawn shops so it is illegal for them to accept new items, and if the guy opened it then the value would plummet to nothing and his trade value would be five bucks. Clerk was insisting the guy put it on eBay and he'd make the couple thousand it was worth easily, guy said "Well I'll just go to another store then!" so the clerk called the other stores and told them all to refuse the trade as well.

Hopefully it sank into that moron's head.

Old 04-03-2021, 06:09 PM   #4129
Space Cop
The Dandy

I've still never sold anything on eBay, but if I had anything that valuable I would figure it out.
Old 04-09-2021, 01:27 AM   #4130
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Reached rank 100 in the season passes for both Destiny 2 and Division 2. I still have things I want to do, such as getting the Dreaming City cat emblem and collecting the manhunt audio logs but for the most part I am going to take things easier. (Mostly this is because I need to grind through my online courses for work again before my upcoming yearly review, but also because there are only some things left I have eyes for; also housework).

It is disappointing that I'll never unlock the Legend of Acrius shotgun but at least I got Outbreak even if it is later than I should have. I might spend my exotic cipher on one of the old Gambit weapons or something, I don't know (and then I'll pick up the spare from the season pass, because why not). I don't want to be playing this game forever though and I can't get Beyond Light anytime soon (especially with other games on sale and my enormous backlog of literally everything in all forms of media), so I've got to let go of Destiny 2 at some point relatively soon. I might watch a walkthrough of Beyond Light, I dunno (still need to watch those for three of the raids). Last big thing I'll probably do is get Dead Man's Tale this weekend. (Actually, I should probably clean up my stash again in case I ever do come back).

Old 04-11-2021, 09:40 PM   #4131
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Got Dead Man's Tale from the exotic quest. Everyone was right when they said that the mission was horror/tension done right (it felt kind of like going through the Ishimura in Dead Space 2 for me, or Shalebridge Cradle for old Thief players). Not going to get the messages or catalyst, I don't care that much, but I'm going to have fun messing around with this rifle.

Old 04-12-2021, 02:22 AM   #4132
Parrylakks
Comte de la Fere

The Dead Man's Tale catalyst is crazy. The rifle is good without it, sure, but with it you can hit chained precision shots from across maps without ADS, plus it increases the fire rate pretty significantly. Granted the master version of Presage is a pain in the ass, if only because of the time limit, but it's definitely worth it. Add the anti-barrier scout rifle mod to your arms and it's pretty much the only gun you need right now.
Old 04-13-2021, 01:03 AM   #4133
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

It's difficult for me to say that I'll be playing the game much longer, so getting the catalyst is not something I'm decided upon yet. Definitely will need a patience and solid team. We'll see.

I think I might finally get Darksiders III before the current sale ends. It's heavily discounted and there are only a few things I want on offer.

Old 04-18-2021, 08:05 PM   #4134
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Well, one of the springs for a trigger on my PS4 controller broke. I couldn't stop shooting my guns and the trigger would pop in and out of position, so I managed to take the controller apart and when I tried to adjust the spring it snapped. Of course now it seems to work almost as good as it did when it wasn't broken, in a bizarre twist.

And I just barely managed to get enough points to unlock all rewards for the current global event in Division 2. Did not really like this event, but I also can't say I hated it.

Old 04-30-2021, 01:12 AM   #4135
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Since PlayStation gave me a notice that my PS Plus monthly games were expiring soon I decided to get Days Gone. Now I have a free post-apoc zombie game to putz around with.

Old 04-30-2021, 04:36 AM   #4136
Parrylakks
Comte de la Fere

Started playing OUTRIDERS this week. It's got an interesting story with some decent characters, and the most renegade Shepherd-like protagonist you could imagine. The gameplay is something of a cross between Destiny and Division with a little bit of Warframe thrown in for good measure. Should be a fun distraction this summer.
Old 04-30-2021, 12:27 PM   #4137
Space Cop
The Dandy

While I have Gamepass cheap, Iíve tried a few different games. Kinda into Halo Wars 2 now. For some reason, I like the Sims/Squad-based side of Halo more than the FPS (which I only ever dabbled in).
Old 04-30-2021, 02:15 PM   #4138
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Cant wait for mass effect legendary edition. On automatic download

Thank you fuck you bye
TazzMission is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 09:29 PM   #4139
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Did Presage again, for the first week collectibles, and I'm reminded just how much I absolutely loathe the hangar fight against the two mini bosses and waves of exploding adds. Fuck that fight. Died a couple times during the final encounter but I got everything done and have another Dead Man's Tale, but with horrific handling compared to my first.

Now I just need to do this crap two more times over the next couple weeks and I'm done unlocking the Chosen title. Depending on what next season is like I might take another lengthy or even permanent break from the game and move on with my gaming life.

edit -- Watching Skill Up's review for Returnal for PS5, and holy shit it looks absolutely incredible (environments are something to cherish). Gonna have to remember to get this when I eventually upgrade my system.

Last edited by Agent Purple; 05-03-2021 at 02:00 AM.
Old 05-03-2021, 11:43 PM   #4140
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

And to the surprise of no one, I am going to need another new controller. The other trigger is starting to act flimsy, the thumbstick input is dysfunctional because my character or the camera keep moving to one side or another, and I swear the button inputs are also starting to act up. I don't know why I seem to be cursed to buy numerous faulty controllers even when brand new but this bad luck has to run out sometime.

Old 05-06-2021, 01:21 AM   #4141
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Just randomly found a video by GeoffPlaysGuitar on YouTube, wherein he does One-Winged Angel from Final Fantasy VII as a Doom Eternal song. It's amazing.

Old 05-09-2021, 10:16 PM   #4142
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Footage of lost Sonic game found

Old 05-12-2021, 12:34 AM   #4143
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

This new season for Destiny 2 is definitely engaging. I just might stick around.

One of the best surprises is that after a Crucible match, I got an exotic catalyst and a piece of Black Armory armor with a shader I never unlocked before. If this keeps up, I just might be playing a lot more Crucible this season. (And the seasonal shader and emblem are actually nice, Gambit ones are barely okay and don't really make me feel like playing that mode).

Old 05-14-2021, 01:51 AM   #4144
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Transmog system for Destiny 2 is getting so much criticism you'd think it was Matt Gaetz. It definitely is grind-intensive and weighted towards forcing users to pay to reduce the time sink.

Also, Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition is temporarily free. Just downloaded it for later enjoyment (need a new controller still).

Old 05-14-2021, 11:15 AM   #4145
Parrylakks
Comte de la Fere

I don't know why people are hating on Transmog so much. I mean, I get that it's weird to put a limit on how much you can earn a season, but beyond that it's fine. The bounties aren't that bad, and the process simple enough to do when you want to. You also get like 10 free ones for each character by just doing the intro missions for it. Besides, the way the system actually works makes it possible to see how everything looks before you even unlock them, so you can mix and match to make your favorite design, then unlock the pieces needed with just 5 strands (max), and then you can save the rest for later in case you get a new piece you want to use. I redesigned all three of my characters today and had 8 warlock, 6 Titan, and like 3 Hunter ones left from just the first questline's rewards, and the only reason I have so few Hunter ones is because I unlocked a bunch of cloaks I've liked over the years.
Old 05-19-2021, 08:37 AM   #4146
Parrylakks
Comte de la Fere

So I jumped headlong into Iron Banner this week, and have already completed the boules and quest on both my Hunter and Warlock. I started it up with my Titan, but most of my clan was getting offline, so I hopped off, as well.

The new weapons are pretty good. The shotgun and sniper rifle, in particular, are great, and the MG is pretty solid. I don't really care for the hand cannon, though, which is odd as my main gun is a hand cannon, but such as it is. Kinda disappointed that the armor is just Iron Truage again. Not that I don't like it, I just have full sets of it on all three characters already. That said, the pinnacle duplicates are basically free upgrades, so it's not all bad.

My clan is planning to tackle the returned Vault of Glass this Saturday. Some of them want to score the new rais ring, but at $125, I'm not particularly interested in it. Of course, snagging some of the weapons from the new raid is a reward in itself, so yeah.

Aside from that, I've got a few games to play over the summer that I'll probably start working on next week. Persona 5, God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, and Red Dead Redemption 2 are the first few I'm going to try to work through. If I have enough summer left over once those are done, I'll probably try to get through Shadow of War and/or Shadow of the Tomb Raider. We'll see how much I actuall get done, though. Some of these have been on my backlog for years.
Old 05-20-2021, 01:54 AM   #4147
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Decided to do Crucible since it's double Valor and I want the new related shader/emblem, and seeing as freelance has been added to Iron Banner, I gave that a go. I was tea-bagged multiple times for using Cryo Pistol for the quest (thankfully I have the rank 22 bonus progress so I can now stop using it actively).

Still need to do Presage one more time for the last four clues and the seal/title of Chosen. I might seriously want the seasonal ring as a personal send-off (and I like the look of it; also kind of want the Chosen ring but I doubt anyone on eBay will be selling it for a reasonable price).

The new LMG for Splicer is an absolute bullet hose. Reminds me a lot of Temporal Clause. This season has some very interesting weapons.

Playing catch-up on my Warlock and haven't even started my Titan in on the madness. When grinding bounties on the Moon I did come within inches of completing the triumph for killing nightmares at Altar. Of course I still have a shitload of waves to complete even on the final stage to finish another triumph but I doubt I'll bother with that.

Barely touched Gambit because it still sucks and the new shader and emblem are meh at best.

Really annoyed Zavala has no new shader or emblem. The fuck, Bungie?

Not even bothering with the Iron Banner quest because I don't care in general and it requires both sniper kills and heavy kills, and that will never happen for me.

Buddy of mine also left my current clan to join a different one, no idea why. Hope to play with him again one day.

Old 05-20-2021, 08:05 PM   #4148
Parrylakks
Comte de la Fere

Yeah, I'm surprised they haven't changed Zavala to be like Shaxx and Drifter with the Teired based content and leveling -- though I suppose it's because there isn't a Strike reputation system in place. I hope they change that eventually though, especially since they give an Ascendent Shard for the first reset now.

Anyway, I finished the Iron Banner quest and bounties on my Titan, yesterday, so I'm all done with that now. Ran the Nightfall a few times trying to get a Hung Jury, but with no success. I'll probably try more today. Hopefully I'll get a roll with Firefly, since it's the first legendary weapon to drop with it.
Old 05-21-2021, 05:18 AM   #4149
Parrylakks
Comte de la Fere

I've now run this week's Nightfall on Heroic 20 times and I still haven't got the Hung Jury. Meanwhile, the clanmate I've run all 20 with has gotten 3, and another guy who helped us out for 4 runs got 1 on his 3rd go with us. The RNG gods are laughing at me, I'm sure.
Old 05-24-2021, 12:47 AM   #4150
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Watched a bit of Aztecross's attempt to conquer the D2 version of Vault of Glass. Saw him go from Gorgons to Templar to Atheon and then had to leave, and he has the full 12-hour video on his YouTube channel currently (but I don't have twelve goddamn hours to kill that damn bad). The seal requirements for VOG are pretty damn heavy (23, which is the most of all available seals, beating out Deep Stone Crypt's 19) so I know I won't be getting that anytime soon if ever (though I will envy people rocking the Fatebreaker title, it's sweet).

Having a lot of fun in Override and looking forward to Expunge.

Just completed the seasonal manhunt in Division 2, I am not a fan of the EMPs in the final mission. Once Tuesday reset happens I'll complete the league and unlock the backpack trophy and then I'm done until the week after aside from cleaning out my inventory again.

And damn if I'm not getting hella sick of Rise of Kingdoms adverts.