Announcement

Collapse

The point of this Forum Section

Some members are a little iffy on what should go in the Games & Humor forum section so.

Trivial games like "the person above you game" should be placed in this forum.

Humor of all kinds also belongs here, like the "Superman has a problem with kinky sex" thread.

What does not belong here would be things like video games, board games. Or humor coming directly out of comic books or discussion of books.

Boardgames and the like would go in the Action Figure and Toys section as could video games, though those could also be posted in the General Forum Section.

also any posts in this Forum Section do not count towards your post count.

Hope that helps!
See more
See less

'Cathy' Comic Strip to End

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Cathy' Comic Strip to End

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_cathy_calls_it_quits

edit: leaving my opinion on the strip out of the main post.
    bonoferox
    Corpse Trainee
    Last edited by bonoferox; 08-12-2010, 02:54 PM.

The Sky is Waiting....

The strip was intended for women who held strong beliefs in the feminist movement. And the humor was generally about 'Cathy' trying to make it as a woman in the workplace. I don't think it was ever quite intended for males who were/are 18-30.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

This strip had some amusing moments. I liked reading them from time to time. Don't really understand what the thank christ is for.
      I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

Just never found it funny and hated the art. Just my opinion.

The Sky is Waiting....

Comment

I never enjoyed Cathy (I'm not the target audience), but it's always a shame to see long-running comic strips come to an end. It feels like it's a slowly dying art form.
          The last fan of 1990s comics
          Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

I've never liked the comic, but it's just one more gasp in the long, slow and sad death of newspapers.

Comment

Funny you bring that up Spy, I've been a subscriber to one of the two local papers for over 15 years. Last year they wanted to do a 55% increase in the subscription rate. I canceled the subscription and found all the syndicated editorials and comics on yahoo or Seattle's newspaper site. Even the columnists that I read from the local paper post their columns a couple days after it prints on the newspapers blogs.

I wonder why Guisewite married Cathy off a few years ago, wonder if it was a way to answer what team Cathy is batting for...

Comment

Cathy sucked. It wasn't funny and it wasn't particularly insightful. It was the equivalent of the Blue Collar Comedy Tour but for women.

Comment

I get it, she's gay. It's about time it ended.

Comment

Working...
                  X