Announcement

Collapse

The point of this Forum Section

Some members are a little iffy on what should go in the Games & Humor forum section so.

Trivial games like "the person above you game" should be placed in this forum.

Humor of all kinds also belongs here, like the "Superman has a problem with kinky sex" thread.

What does not belong here would be things like video games, board games. Or humor coming directly out of comic books or discussion of books.

Boardgames and the like would go in the Action Figure and Toys section as could video games, though those could also be posted in the General Forum Section.

also any posts in this Forum Section do not count towards your post count.

Hope that helps!
See more
See less

Idea for the next draft

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mister Ed pretty much described how I would feel in a Star Trek draft. Lost.

So, I'm up for a videogame adaptation assuming it ran like the DC/Marvel adaptations did.

Comment

• I'm up for any draft but Id love to do a Star Trek one

Comment

• Originally posted by Deadpool View Post
        How about you draft a Captain, Second in Command, medical officer, and two misc members. You'd draft both the characters and actors playing them. You could also even draft the era and ship if you wanted. And maybe a story ark for the first series. Maybe even a main villain.

What if we open it up to drafting anybody, not just Star Trek characters? We can man the crew of our ships with characters from virtually any medium, in the Star Trek universe or otherwise. I get what's trying to be done with the original concept, but it's far too narrow and will drive away anyone without in-depth knowledge of the franchise.

Still sticking with my video game adaptation idea for now, tho...

Comment

• Originally posted by fearless2814.1 View Post
          What if we open it up to drafting anybody, not just Star Trek characters? We can man the crew of our ships with characters from virtually any medium, in the Star Trek universe or otherwise. I get what's trying to be done with the original concept, but it's far too narrow and will drive away anyone without in-depth knowledge of the franchise.

Still sticking with my video game adaptation idea for now, tho...
          Like a sci-fi show/video game with a crew like Mordin Solus Riker and Kaylee?

what a great idea, we must do this

Comment

• No as I envisioned it, we're not recasting existing characters, we're making completely new ones.....
            Originally posted by IonFan
            (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
            Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
            If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
            Originally posted by Quaker
            I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

• Completely new ones? But how am I supposed to know if I should vote for Johnny Babylon from planet Spunk or rather Paibok the Vulcan? There'd be no frame of reference.

Comment

• Well we can do both. People get to basically design either a reboot of an existing series or a completely new series. Even a crossover with another show if you really want.
                If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.

Comment

• It could be a sci-fi video game adaption, you could make something new, edit something already made, or pick something already made.
                  For example, you could make a game called Brass Defect with Commander Leopard and have two crew members named Bearrus and Princess Tiara, or you could make a First Contact game with Halo characters, or just pick Old Republic

Comment

• Well as long as it's not an Amalgam draft, I'm happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by RedLantern2814.3 View Post
                      It could be a sci-fi video game adaption, you could make something new, edit something already made, or pick something already made.
                      For example, you could make a game called Brass Defect with Commander Leopard and have two crew members named Bearrus and Princess Tiara, or you could make a First Contact game with Halo characters, or just pick Old Republic

Is the videogame adaptation draft not "Cast a Movie/TV Show about ____" ??

Comment

• Look people, at the end of the day, I think "cast a movie or tv series based on a video game" is the way forward.

And it doesn't just have to be sci-fi video games either as suggested above, it should be all video games. From dead space to Halo to f3ar to even marrio!

Comment

• Originally posted by W.West View Post

Yeah I didnt think that one through very well lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Deadpool View Post
                            No as I envisioned it, we're not recasting existing characters, we're making completely new ones.....

That's... fanfiction.

Originally posted by Deadpool View Post
                            Well we can do both. People get to basically design either a reboot of an existing series or a completely new series. Even a crossover with another show if you really want.

The person with the entirely newly-created team is going to lose. Just saying...

Originally posted by W.West View Post

No, it is. At least, that's what I intended it to be.

Comment

• Well the avengers draft ends next week so I'll start the thread later today so we can start getting people signed up.

Comment

• So are we going for trek or video games?

Comment

Working...
                                X