Announcement

Collapse

The point of this Forum Section

Some members are a little iffy on what should go in the Games & Humor forum section so.

Trivial games like "the person above you game" should be placed in this forum.

Humor of all kinds also belongs here, like the "Superman has a problem with kinky sex" thread.

What does not belong here would be things like video games, board games. Or humor coming directly out of comic books or discussion of books.

Boardgames and the like would go in the Action Figure and Toys section as could video games, though those could also be posted in the General Forum Section.

also any posts in this Forum Section do not count towards your post count.

Hope that helps!
See more
See less

Idea for the next draft

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's see if my current return lasts long enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuhan View Post
      You wouldn't have to do Microheroes. And what do you mean "New 52 Amalgam"? We had an Amalgam draft before.
      Well lets take super-soldier from amalgam. He's built up from Steve Rodgers, the first captin america, and pre 52 superman. My amalgam draft would just be designing the costumes basicly, and I recomend using microheroes to do so. Ok back to super-soldier, my idea of new 52 super-soldier would be the new cpatin america, and new 52 supermans costume. Mix the two together like old amalga did, and hey presto, new 52 amalgam! Maybe not the best idea.

Also renember that I already have a new draft right here which is about drafting the 12th doctor, it'd make sense if people did this draft before creating an entire new one. However, if we did ned to make a new draft, my favourates would be eigther DC what if, cast a comicbook film, or cast a comicbook TV series. Also, vilian draft, what the hell? That'd just pretey much be the same as the previous drafts but with vilians. A sad day for mankind.
      Originally posted by IonFan
      (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
      Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
      If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
      Originally posted by Quaker
      I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

Deadpool...do you secretly want to be a fashion designer? You seem oddly obsessed with clothing choices and designs.

Sig made by Zander Yurami

Comment

lol Word to Kid Lantern

Comment

Originally posted by Deadpool View Post
            Well lets take super-soldier from amalgam. He's built up from Steve Rodgers, the first captin america, and pre 52 superman. My amalgam draft would just be designing the costumes basicly, and I recomend using microheroes to do so. Ok back to super-soldier, my idea of new 52 super-soldier would be the new cpatin america, and new 52 supermans costume. Mix the two together like old amalga did, and hey presto, new 52 amalgam! Maybe not the best idea.

Also renember that I already have a new draft right here which is about drafting the 12th doctor, it'd make sense if people did this draft before creating an entire new one. However, if we did ned to make a new draft, my favourates would be eigther DC what if, cast a comicbook film, or cast a comicbook TV series. Also, vilian draft, what the hell? That'd just pretey much be the same as the previous drafts but with vilians. A sad day for mankind.
            Hero Drafts and Villain Drafts are classic. We've done two of each. Might as well do a third Villain Draft as well.

Your 12th Doctor Draft doesn't make as much sense because there's a lack of Doctor Who fans, it hasn't reached critical mass, and it isn't really a draft. Plus, nobody really wants to draft clothing.

This was the old Amalgam Draft:
            http://thegreenlanterncorps.com/foru...ad.php?t=12063
            [center]

Originally posted by W.West
            DID ANYONE READ THE ARTICLE?!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarecrow View Post
              Deadpool...do you secretly want to be a fashion designer? You seem oddly obsessed with clothing choices and designs.
              I just don't know scarcrow. I just find designing clothes fun...........
              Originally posted by W.West View Post
              lol Word to Kid Lantern

Hero Drafts and Villain Drafts are classic. We've done two of each. Might as well do a third Villain Draft as well.

Your 12th Doctor Draft doesn't make as much sense because there's a lack of Doctor Who fans, it hasn't reached critical mass, and it isn't really a draft. Plus, nobody really wants to draft clothing.

This was the old Amalgam Draft:
              http://thegreenlanterncorps.com/foru...ad.php?t=12063
              Yeah, you have a point. But for the love of god, no more hero and vilian drafts. Atleast go with my ideas of eigther drafting a comicbook movie or TV series.
              If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.

Comment

Yo bro, you don't have to participate.
                [center]

Comment

Okay, so here are what I'm thinking the rules will be for the Villain Draft.
                  7 picks, just like the recent hero draft, and you need one of each set:
                  1 Female
                  1 Male
                  1 Marvel (Includes Marvel imprints, like Max, Ultimate, Icon ect.)
                  1 DC(Includes DC imprints, like Vertigo, Minx, Johnny DC ect.)
                  1 Image, IDW, Darkhorse, Boom!, Dynamite, Warrior, 2000 AD, or another such indie comic publisher (Reproductions done by them do not count, IE Manga and the like)
                  1 Other (Your typical non comic book fare, does not include characters adapted from comics. Characters that are in both comics and other material will be listed under what they first appear in, so despite that the Incredibles have their own comic published by Boom! they're still under the 'other' category)
                  1 Character of questionable alignment (Anti-Heroes, Anti-Villains. This is just anyone who has some form of grey morality, from Magneto to Scott Summers.)

Also, transgender characters will count as both Male and Female. Crossdressers will count as their actual gender. If you're unsure of the difference, might be best you not pick that character. Not sure if someone wants to pick Danny the Street or Xavin, but just so everyone knows how this works.

Those rules sound good?

Comment

Now, I wouldn't want to do it, but what if I drafted a character from Southland Tales? It was first published as a comic book prequel to a film. Would they count as comic characters or film characters?
                    [center]

Comment

Take out the questionable alignment must have.

Comment

Yo bro, you don't have to participate.
                        I know, BUT I WANT TO!
                        I'll take part eigther way.

Comment

How about draft the GLCMB? Pick any 3 posters as a team.

My team: Deadpool, Tazz and ethanthunder. Theme- Trolls.

I'm kidding, of course. Please don't make that a draft. I'd probably be on the biggest A-holes team.

Comment

Or the black team!

Comment

"Black is not a theme!!" According to Kuhan.

"Black" isn't a theme...
                              Sylent_Asassin
                              Black Lantern
                              Last edited by Sylent_Asassin; 07-23-2012, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Sure, I'll play

Comment

Working...
                                X