Announcement

Collapse

The point of this Forum Section

Some members are a little iffy on what should go in the Games & Humor forum section so.

Trivial games like "the person above you game" should be placed in this forum.

Humor of all kinds also belongs here, like the "Superman has a problem with kinky sex" thread.

What does not belong here would be things like video games, board games. Or humor coming directly out of comic books or discussion of books.

Boardgames and the like would go in the Action Figure and Toys section as could video games, though those could also be posted in the General Forum Section.

also any posts in this Forum Section do not count towards your post count.

Hope that helps!
See more
See less

Idea for the next draft

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When teams draft new players.

If there's no rule against duplication, frankly there is no real reason to follow a multi-round drafting format. If duplication doesn't matter, everybody may as well just post their entire team at once on a given day.

Comment

• Not seeing the connection between these drafts and sports drafts. We're not drafting real people you know.
      Originally posted by IonFan
      (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
      Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
      If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
      Originally posted by Quaker
      I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

• Then we might as well just create a thread and just skip drafting at all. Typical rules will apply! If not tonight, I'll create the thread tomorrow.

Comment

• I don't see the harm in two people drafting say a batman each.
          If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deadpool View Post
            I don't see the harm in two people drafting say a batman each.
            Well, too many duplications and the interest created by variety is kind of diluted. If more than one person has the same idea for which reality show to cast, I'd rather they be required to at least pick different casts for them, and if that isn't required the nature of the shows might suggest many of the same characters. I don't want to be deciding between two shows that have the same title and half the same cast. That's kind of boring.

But, as usual, I defer to the judgement of whoever is actually putting in the work to run the thing. If they want total duplication allowed, that's their call. Regardless, I'd probably TRY to avoid making too similar of a team to somebody else, anyway. Better to stand apart, I figure.

Of course my chances are going to depend on how amused people are by whatever play on words I employ with respect to the show name and the cast. (I promise I won't be actually using the "Wipeout" show full of genocidal contestants, though, so feel free to steal that brilliant idea. )
            Mister Ed
            Horse of a Different Color
            Last edited by Mister Ed; 02-20-2014, 11:20 PM.

Comment

• Well then, instead of only allowing one person to pick a certain character, why don't we just stop people from having more than one person using the same idea?

Comment

• It may be a bit selfish on my part, but I want to do another Videogame draft. I just like casting stuff. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
                  It may be a bit selfish on my part, but I want to do another Videogame draft. I just like casting stuff. lol

So do I. I second the motion for a follow-up to our video game adaptation draft.

Comment

• I don't know why I thought this would be the 3rd time we did that. I think I was just confusing it with the amount of times I changed my team during the last/first one.

Comment

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
                      I don't know why I thought this would be the 3rd time we did that. I think I was just confusing it with the amount of times I changed my team during the last/first one.

Ha! Yeah, your roster was a regular revolving door. Still, it was a fun time.

Comment

• I say we do a JL version of our Avengers Draft

Comment

• Oh, that could be fun, too.

Comment

• Just start any of those. I'll be there.

Comment

• Originally posted by fearless2814.1 View Post
                              So do I. I second the motion for a follow-up to our video game adaptation draft.
                              I agree with this. Also, Count me in. Being an aspiring writer(And wanting to work in directing too, eventually), it will be good to see if I can pick a good cast. And, as West said, I like casting stuff.

Originally posted by Avatar Aang
                              When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Comment

• How about we do a band draft after the Video Game adaptation draft. To my knowledge, its been a while since the last one.

Originally posted by Avatar Aang
                                When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Comment

Working...
                                X