Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BLUELCMISHRA View Post
    YUP!!!! it was freaking sweet.
    I'm searching in vain to find a copy around here.....I might have to order it online. I'm not a big fan of that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moose View Post
      I'm searching in vain to find a copy around here.....I might have to order it online. I'm not a big fan of that.
      Online shopping in general or specifically for comics?
      Shipping does kind of stink if you only order one, which is why I try to group.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
        Online shopping in general or specifically for comics?
        Shipping does kind of stink if you only order one, which is why I try to group.
        I just like the old fashioned way of shopping....get in the car, go to the store, and buy it. Once in a while if I REALLY want something bad, I will order it online, but I prefer to shop in person.

Comment

• Here's one I'm guessing at least Moose and I would like: Desk Patrol Dalek

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
            Here's one I'm guessing at least Moose and I would like: Desk Patrol Dalek
            Oh yeah, they've got tons of those at Newbury Comics. I was tempted to buy one, but A: it's too small and B: its got that new "overeaters anonymous" design of the Daleks. But still, it has its own merit.

I started Torchwood season 1 last night. I almost choked when I heard the F-Bomb come out of my TV. LOLRUS

Comment

• That's a small Dalek? Can't tell from the pic.

I haven't gotten into Torchwood yet, but now that it's on Instant Netflix, I'll try it.

Comment

• TRU has the 9/10 Sonic for $10 in store only (shows price online)

Comment

• Comment

• Winner of THE INFAMOUS PEOPLE DRAFT 2011

Comment

• UPDATE!

Doctor Who: The Movie came out on DVD this week. I watched it, and all I have to say is that its........so "American". There was so much "BANG!" and "WHAP!" instead of the cool Brittish air of logic, the reasoning out during the entire story, and the small comic moments. Guess I'm just too stuck on RTD. I can understand why it was not a big hit; it just didn't have that "feeling" of being a true Doctor Who story.

I don't feel it needs bashing, for it did provide a few comical moments and after hearing so much about it, I feel satisfied having seen it. It does have some merit; it provided a link of sorts between the 7th and the 9th doctors.

The only mindfuck that I didn't get: If the Master was executed on Skaro by the Daleks, then one would assume (yeah I know donkey) that the Time Lords and the Daleks had at least some kind of understanding or agreement between the two parties. So what the hell happened between that time and the Time War? What destroyed the agreement? The Time war, according to canon, was joined by the Master (WTF???????) fighting on the side of the timelords?

And that guy playing the Master was a ham. Total ham. Nothing frightening about him aside from how rediculous he is.

Comment

• i liked the movie for what it was, maybe ill get it on dvd now that it's out.
                        I am a friend of Caboose

Party of Three fantasy webcomic

Comment

• Winner of THE INFAMOUS PEOPLE DRAFT 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Moose View Post
                            UPDATE!

Doctor Who: The Movie came out on DVD this week. I watched it, and all I have to say is that its........so "American". There was so much "BANG!" and "WHAP!" instead of the cool Brittish air of logic, the reasoning out during the entire story, and the small comic moments. Guess I'm just too stuck on RTD. I can understand why it was not a big hit; it just didn't have that "feeling" of being a true Doctor Who story.

I don't feel it needs bashing, for it did provide a few comical moments and after hearing so much about it, I feel satisfied having seen it. It does have some merit; it provided a link of sorts between the 7th and the 9th doctors.

The only mindfuck that I didn't get: If the Master was executed on Skaro by the Daleks, then one would assume (yeah I know donkey) that the Time Lords and the Daleks had at least some kind of understanding or agreement between the two parties. So what the hell happened between that time and the Time War? What destroyed the agreement? The Time war, according to canon, was joined by the Master (WTF???????) fighting on the side of the timelords?

And that guy playing the Master was a ham. Total ham. Nothing frightening about him aside from how rediculous he is.
                            It's ''So American'', as you say, because it's an American film, set and filmed in America

Originally posted by Avatar Aang
                            When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Comment

• Originally posted by kazzar View Post
                              It's ''So American'', as you say, because it's an American film, set and filmed in America
                              Yes, I am aware of that.

What I was getting at is how....different and uncomfortable it felt from the shows that are filmed in England. It just wasn't flowing right.

Comment

• Originally posted by kazzar View Post
                                No. Set in America, but filmed in Vancouver.

That "ham" is Eric Roberts, whom I got to sign my Region 2 DVD. He actually played it quite in line with previous incarnations (which was his intention, I asked him). And if you compare him to '80s Master Anthony Ainley, he's actually more understated and menacing (believe it or not). He's been in tons of movies and was nominated for an oscar.

The main problem with the movie is no one Doctor story has created so many continuity problems (there's a whole section on just that in the wiki article). The Daleks never before or after cared about Time Lord justice (and why would they). What's with the snake life force bit? And half human? What?!
                                Space Cop
                                The Dandy
                                Last edited by Space Cop; 02-12-2011, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X