• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's go to the Lake!!

CH-CH-CH!! AH-AH-AH!!

Comment

• + YouTube Video
      ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

• So, when I went to SDCC, my top goal was to meet Olivia Munn and have her sign my copy of her book and a couple of magazines. I waited in line to do a raffle for an opportunity to meet her. I was fortunate enough to pull a winning ticket and get her autograph. We were told by the security folks not to ask her to take a pick with her in order to keep the line moving. However, if you asked to Olivia for a pic, she was kind enough to pose, as shown.

So, when I met her, I kind of froze. Which is typically not like me. I've always chatted with the celebrities I've met, like Marina Sirtis, Adam Baldwin, Jim Lee, Helen Slater, Blair Butler, Alison Hailsip, etc... I was nervous and forgot to ask Olivia for the photo and gave the go ahead sign to take the pic, which resulted in the photo below. You'll notice, none of the people around Olivia told me I could not do that or tried to shew me away. Even if they did, I would not be pissed. I would be thankful for the opportunity. For me, it's not always having a photo to be a notch on my belt, but having an experience and a moment. So, I have this funny pic with Olivia below and a star struck and awkward story to go with it. Oh yeah, since I was pretty bashful, she said a few nice things like "I like your shirt" and said "don't forget your sucker," when I walked away without it. Also by the pic, you'll notice she engaging the fans in line. She would of probably engage me more if I wasn't nervous about meeting her and asking her for a photo.

You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• I bet you rehearsed in your minds hundreds of times what you would do if you were in this scenario, but when game time arrived, you choked!

Comment

• wow, what an awful pic of her... HA

It's like she's yelling at the cashiers at Taco Bell cause they forgot her hot sauce.

There are very few celebrities who I think I would stumble around. One would easily be William Shatner. There would be too many things I'd want to say to him, and I'd probably stumble around trying to say them. And probably Ah-nold, I mean he was the fucking Terminator.
            JohnnyV
            Pictionary Master
            Last edited by JohnnyV; 08-13-2010, 05:53 PM.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by sylent_asassin View Post
              I bet you rehearsed in your minds hundreds of times what you would do if you were in this scenario, but when game time arrived, you choked!

I sure did. I definitely psyched myself out. I mean, I thought about it for an entire year, when I didn't get to meet her at the 2009 SDCC. Jeez, I'm seriouly shaking right now even thinking about it. I guess there's the geeky school boy kid still inside of me.
              You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• I got nervous when I asked my first panel question at ECCC this year. I was even more nervous when I met Greg Rucka as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnnyV View Post
                  wow, what an awful pic of her... HA

There are very few celebrities who I think I would stumble around. One would easily be William Shatner. There would be too many things I'd want to say to him, and I'd probably stumble around trying to say them.
                  Ha hah ha. For some reason, I imagine you doing a very bad Shatner impersonation of him right in front of him. Like, "SPOCK! We... have... to... get... the... shields... back... up..."

Comment

• Originally posted by irongreen2814 View Post
                    I got nervous when I asked my first panel question at ECCC this year. I was even more nervous when I met Greg Rucka as well.
                    I feel you dawg. It's the first time this has happened to me. It was a year of anticipation and thinking. Oh well, there's next year.

Comment

• Hey Primus and Sylent, do you know that guy Bob Stencil at SDCC who always asks those silly questions?
                      This guy:
                      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Stencil
                      http://www.firstshowing.net/bobstencil/

When you guys left Hall H, he like sat next to me for a while. I forgot his name, so I really didn't say anything to him.

" He who does not punish evil commands it to be done."-Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post

I sure did. I definitely psyched myself out. I mean, I thought about it for an entire year, when I didn't get to meet her at the 2009 SDCC. Jeez, I'm seriouly shaking right now even thinking about it. I guess there's the geeky school boy kid still inside of me.
                        I kind of choked when I met Jenna Haze earlier this year. I got the pics I wanted and got to talk to her, but I highly doubt she was impressed with me being smooth and debonair. I did get to grab her thigh though. NOBODY I know can say that.

I smile inside everytime I think about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by projectile View Post
                          Hey Primus and Sylent, do you know that guy Bob Stencil at SDCC who always asks those silly questions?
                          This guy:
                          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Stencil
                          http://www.firstshowing.net/bobstencil/

When you guys left Hall H, he like sat next to me for a while. I forgot his name, so I really didn't say anything to him.
                          You choked too, huh?

Comment

• Here's a random Comic Con article I wrote over a year ago. The site is long since dead, but man this was a fun one to write

http://www.arsgeek.com/2009/07/30/co...award-winners/

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by sylent_asassin View Post
                              [COLOR="Lime"]I kind of choked when I met Jenna Haze earlier this year.
                              That's so cool! Did you get your tickets for next year AVN?

Ya know, I might pull a W. West and have the pic with Olivia as my signature.

Comment

• Originally posted by projectile View Post
                                Hey Primus and Sylent, do you know that guy Bob Stencil at SDCC who always asks those silly questions?

Not sure. I haven't attended that many panels at the SDCC. They're usually too full so I end up doing something else.

Comment

Working...
                                X