This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pika... pika... PIKACHU!!!
    You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Originally posted by Robinson View Post
      i just hate the in app purchasr model these games use. if a game is free to download it should be completely free to play, not this pay 5 dollars to more levels shit or 40 dollars for some super bonus.
      While I agree in disliking that particular model, the bolded part of your post seems nonsensical to me. The game isn't free to make and distribute, so why would anybody feel that it was wrong for them to even TRY to make ANY money off it?

The reason I don't like the model is that I would far rather they just be up front about what the complete game costs so I can choose to buy it (or not) and not be hassled with constantly having to make decisions about spending more money on it. I can't imagine feeling like I'm just entitled to a free game.

Comment

• The game is free to play. All they want are the advertisements (and word of mouth), which is what I've just done. If you don't want to bug your friends, you can pay $1 for next episodes, otherwise you send requests to friends and they help you move on. If you have tons of friends that play, it's not a big deal.

Comment

• If your gonna charge for a game charge 5.00 bucks or so upfront for a mobile game, not try to milk customers for repeated purchases, and some of the costs are just ridiculous.

theres a booster or something that is 39.99. That is fucking ridiculous.

Comment

• Theres this lady that sounds like Ernest's Auntie Nelda character in the doctos waiting room.

" He who does not punish evil commands it to be done."-Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Originally posted by Robinson View Post
              theres a booster or something that is 39.99. That is fucking ridiculous.
              Agreed... and you'd have to be a complete idiot to pay that much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
                The game is free to play. All they want are the advertisements (and word of mouth), which is what I've just done. If you don't want to bug your friends, you can pay $1 for next episodes, otherwise you send requests to friends and they help you move on. If you have tons of friends that play, it's not a big deal.
                I get that. I still think it's kind of annoying, and would rather just pay upfront for the whole game (or not). But obviously they have to make money somehow, so they kind of count on some percentage of people choosing to pay for additional levels, etc.

All the advertising in the world doesn't help them unless at SOME point, somebody ponies up some cash. I don't object to that at all, I just personally prefer a model that gets the payment side (either by cash or by advertising to others that might pay cash, or WHATEVER method they choose to ultimately make money on the venture) out of the way up front.

Comment

• So, I'm still playing Candy Crush Saga and passed up most of my friends. The crappy part about this is, in order to progress to the next stages, you have to get three tickets from FB friends, so you have to wait around for that to happen. I would rather just pay $5 to have the whole game, so I don't have to bug people.

Comment

• I'd rather just not play at all
                    I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

• LOL! That's what I said... until I actually played the game. The best part is teasing my friends and my wife for passing them up in a short span of time.

Comment

So, I'm still playing Candy Crush Saga and passed up most of my friends. The crappy part about this is, in order to progress to the next stages, you have to get three tickets from FB friends, so you have to wait around for that to happen. I would rather just pay $5 to have the whole game, so I don't have to bug people.
                        Yeah, I don't spam my friends with shit like that cause I know I just ignore those kind of requests anyway. So I just stopped playing.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

So, I'm still playing Candy Crush Saga and passed up most of my friends. The crappy part about this is, in order to progress to the next stages, you have to get three tickets from FB friends, so you have to wait around for that to happen. I would rather just pay $5 to have the whole game, so I don't have to bug people.
                          That's exactly why I stopped playing. Haven't played in months so it just sits there on my phone all lonely. I still update it when asked though. lol

Comment

• Yo.

looks interesting: http://www.worldskyrace.com/index.htm

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                            Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• I recently sold something on eBay, and here is the what buyer posted for feedback:

Item arrived faster than when I cum, amazing sale thanks again.

...and no. It the item wasn't sexual, or sex-related in any way.

Comment

• That's HYSTERICAL!
                                I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                                X