No announcement yet.

The Gay Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It might help to drop the notion that gender is a binary.
    That people are either Male or Female.
    That they're Straight or Gay

Humans really aren't. We exist on a spectrum, not a binary.
    Gender Expression, Gender Identity, Biological Sex, and Sexual Orientation are all different things, and it seems to me that you're lumping them all together.

Here, have a hopefully helpful image:

Jenner is a trans*woman, because Jenner says she's a woman, and we should take people at their word. It's proper to use feminine pronoun when talking about her because....that's what she prefers.
    plastroncafe
    Alpha-Lantern
    Last edited by plastroncafe; 05-15-2015, 07:58 PM. Reason: Now with a less huge image.

Comment

• That is so confusing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff View Post
        That is so confusing.
        I think so, too. Fortunately, for the VAST majority of people all that stuff IS effectively binary, so that reduces the complexity, in practice, by some orders of magnitude.

I also think it is a bit odd to classify sexual orientation on the basis of "spiritual and emotional" attraction in addition to physical attraction. I have a hard time picturing a man being considered heterosexual because they are "spiritually attracted" to women, but NOT physically attracted to women. Whereas I have absolutely NO difficulty seeing somebody considered heterosexual based SOLELY on physical attraction. Ideally, for a healthy relationship, it is a package deal, and you are attracted to somebody on all levels, but as far as determining one's sexual orientation, it sure seems like the logical DETERMINING factor is physical attraction.
        Mister Ed
        Horse of a Different Color
        Last edited by Mister Ed; 05-15-2015, 08:26 PM.

Comment

• I can see it being overwhelming, but it's really not all that confusing.
          You're cis if your gender identity matches your biological sex.
          (I feel like a woman, and was born with female parts, therefore I'm a cis woman.)

But even though I am female, and identify as a woman, my gender expression is far more androgynous. I rarely wear skirts, I don't wear make up, and I'm far more comfortable in Doc Marten's and Chuck Taylor sneakers than I am heels.

And since I'm sexually and romantically attracted to male and female bodies, I'm bisexual.

It's just a matter of looking at yourself and taking stock in things that are baseline for yourself.

And then trusting others to know themselves just as well.

Comment

• Archie Bunker, please save me.

Comment

• Ed, I don't know what he means when he says he's not gay but that he wants to be a woman.

Comment

• When dry cleaners are assholes...
                Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Yo.

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                  When he says he's not gay, does he mean it like, "I'm not sexually interested in men", or like "I'm sexually interested in men, but that doesn't make me gay because I'm really a woman"?

Because if it is the former, he won't really care if there is any interest in him from men.
                  Originally posted by Foghorn Lantern View Post
                  Ed, I don't know what he means when he says he's not gay but that he wants to be a woman.
                  Im pretty sure Bruce meant the former of wat Ed said; I dont think he'd have stayed w/Kims mom for as long as he did otherwise (altho thats not a guarantee by any means, look @ Meridith Baxter for example.)

personally, I think the dude is just like all those x-dressers who like wearing womens clothing BUT arent attracted to men....except he's going a bit further to "feel right".

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                  Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• Yo.

Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                    ok, thats pretty fucked up.......but I still cant help but to

Tazer

Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• If these women who I've donated to get pregnant, I'm going to stay out of it. I don't want any parental rights and I won't tell them what to do. But still, it'll feel funny having kids somewhere far off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Foghorn Lantern View Post
                        If these women who I've donated to get pregnant, I'm going to stay out of it. I don't want any parental rights and I won't tell them what to do. But still, it'll feel funny having kids somewhere far off.
                        look at it from a possitive point of view. at least your helping out a couple who will love and chairish the kid

i can never do do it not because of whats its for but i dont know shit on my dads side when it comes to health or even mental health so i wouldnt want to stick anybody with my seed knowing i dont know everything
                        .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• If they didn't want kids badly they wouldn't be seeking a donor so I'm fine with that aspect of it. I have a sister with bipolar disorder but I don't think I carry that gene any more than anyone else does.

Comment

• I am having trouble writing this because being gay is so distracting.

The gaydar is out of control!
                            Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Originally posted by Foghorn Lantern View Post
                              If they didn't want kids badly they wouldn't be seeking a donor so I'm fine with that aspect of it. I have a sister with bipolar disorder but I don't think I carry that gene any more than anyone else does.
                              yea its weird how genes work like that. for example i have asperger spectrum disorder a mild case to be exact. my brother and sister dont have so in the eyes of society there the normal ones. im just a nut
                              .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Yo.

http://in.reuters.com/article/2015/0...0O528720150520

Mother seeks a groom for her son in India's first gay marriage advert

Tazer

Comment

Working...
                                X