The Gay Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff View Post
    Yup, I'm just waiting for the ovens to heat up because we are about to get cooked 1944 style.
    Now that's as much fear mongering as it is wrong. I don't care what you think of Trump or Pence, that isn't going to happen. Everyone needs to stop feeling for a second and bloody well think for a change.

Darth_Andrea

Comment

• Good thing Trump doesn't intimidate by fear as a governing tactic.

:/

Comment

• Comment

• Not politics, just politically-endorsed moral terrorism:

First Amendment Defense Act: "Fuck the homos and the bitches"
          Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• The First Amendment Defense Act is the nuclear version of the so-called “religious freedom” laws that have appeared across the country, most infamously in Mike Pence’s Indiana. The Republican House will surely pass it, the Senate will pass it unless it’s filibustered by Democrats, and President-elect Trump has promised to sign it.
            Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
            Not politics, just politically-endorsed moral terrorism:

First Amendment Defense Act: "Fuck the homos and the bitches"
            Yup, must just be little old gay me doing some more fear mongering.

Comment

• Mother sues transgender daughter for transitioning

What an asshole. What an unbelievably cold-shouldering asshole.

Comment

• She's not suing the daughter, she's suing the local and state agencies that emancipated the child, and assisted in the sex reassignment without informing the parents of any part of the process. The child in question a 17 year old, was receiving drugs both for transition as well as prescription narcotics for pain, all without the parents knowledge.

And yes I think the parents have a point. I have read serveral articles about this today and in each case it's made clear a good relationship is had between the parents and the child. The only thing that erks me is the Mother still calls the child He instead of She but that isn't my business.

But the point I think the parents have, is the child is still a minor and even if a emancipation was forthcoming they needed to be informed before their parental rights were basically stripped from them. They had no chance to show support or make a biggoted denouncement or anything because they were taken out of the equation. and I think that was the wrong thing to do.

Darth_Andrea

Comment

• The mother removed herself.

Comment

• All Out has a fundraising effort to send supporting postcards to a pair of Moroccan girls who were arrested for hugging and kissing

Comment

• Originally posted by Kirill Federov, Russian LGBT Network

rrested for waving a rainbow flag. Violently beaten for showing my pride. Never feeling safe or accepted in my own country.

My name is Kirill Fedorov. I’m an LGBT rights activist in Russia, and this is the reality I face everyday.

In 2013, Russia’s gay propaganda law was passed. This law makes it a crime to utter the word "gay" or "lesbian" in public because they are considered inappropriate for children.

After the law was passed, life as an LGBT person became incredibly dangerous in Russia. Since then, whenever we take to the streets demanding fairness and equality, we are assaulted and beaten, without any protection from the police.

That’s why my friends and I at the Russian LGBT Network launched an Emergency Help Program. This fund helps cover everything from emergency safe housing when our lives are at risk, to bodyguards, lawyers, and psychological help.

We're going to continue to fight for our rights in Russia. Will you help keep us safe? Donate to contribute to the Emergency Help Fund today.

Anything donated above our goal will help fund more campaigns for LGBT activists in Russia and around the world.

Just this year, it’s become even more difficult to keep LGBT activists safe. The Russian government banned foundations outside of the country from funding local groups like us, leaving the Emergency Help Program completely broke. But that doesn’t mean we can’t accept help from people like you.

The need has only gotten greater: In 2015, about 100 people from 12 different cities in Russia applied for some kind of help from the Emergency Help Program, but we sadly only had the funds to help 20 people.

If All Out members can raise $20,000, we’ll be able to provide:

Safe space for activists for an entire year;
                      Bodyguards to keep activists safe for 11 protests;
                      Lawyers and psychologists for up to 10 people who have suffered verbal or physical assault;
                      And other crucial costs needed to keep up the fight, like paying fines for going against the gay propaganda law.

I know firsthand that this type of help is so incredibly crucial in continuing to fight for our rights in Russia.

Chip in today to help fuel our fight against hate in Russia.

Thanks for going All Out,

Kirill Fedorov, Russian LGBT Network
                      Just got this in the mail.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                        So now that we have Trump for president, what does that mean for us?

Open ended question, I know, but I haven't seen him take a stance on gay equality either way.
                        Every single Trump cabinet member so far opposes LGBT rights

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypo View Post
                          Mike Pence is the Vice President, so uhh, I wouldn't be too hopeful.
                          Democrat brands bill banning gay conversion therapy with Mike Pence's name on it

Comment

• Yo.

http://www.nola.com/business/index.s...insurance.html

Wal-Mart adds insurance coverage for transgender employees

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                            Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• Good news, everyone!

Originally posted by Matt Beard, All Out

When two teenage girls in Morocco were facing three years in prison over a kiss, All Out members jumped into action. In partnership with the Aswat Collectif and Akaliyat in Morocco, we launched a global petition that was signed by more than 103,000 All Out members.

To keep up the momentum and support, we then teamed up with L'Union Féministe Libre (Free Feminist Union) in Morocco to launch a new online tool allowing more than 1,700 All Out members to send personalised postcards directly to the girls.

And this morning, we received some fantastic news: both girls were just found innocent and the charges were dropped by the court!

This is an amazing victory, but our work is far from over. We’ll continue urging Moroccan authorities to free all prisoners convicted because of their sexual orientation and to abolish the country's anti-gay legislation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Beard, All Out

"I love gay people, I have gay friends, BUT…"

"This is just another part of the liberal agenda."

"I want to protect my rights and my religion."

"This just isn’t appropriate for children."

Casual homophobia was rampant in 2016. So rampant, it's been excused as "opinions" or "political views."

It's not. And we need to call it out for exactly what it is.

That's why we've matched up some of the worst promoters of this kind of coded hate in an online battle for Homophobe of the Year.

They've gone above and beyond to disempower, threaten, or hurt LGBT people in the name of political agendas, twisted ideas of religion, or blatant self-promotion.

We need your help to crown 2016's Homophobe of the Year. Cast your votes in the first round of match-ups today!

Voting will happen in three rounds, narrowing down the contenders in each round until All Out members have crowned this year's biggest homophobe. Then we'll make sure our winner knows what we really think of their anti-LGBT bigotry.

Here’s your chance to call out some of the year’s worst homophobes for what they really are. Like Donald Trump.

Not only did Trump run on the most anti-LGBT Republican platform in the party's history, but he appointed one of the most notoriously anti-LGBT politicians as his Vice President. Trump has spoken out against marriage equality and supports "religious freedom" bills that legalise discrimination against LGBT people.

His empty pandering and flip flopping on LGBT issues shouldn't be taken lightly. Every time this attention-seeking, billionaire reality star posts a bigoted tweet, he's giving millions of people permission to do the same and follow his ways.

Let's call out homophobes like Trump for what they really are!

Is Trump the worst? Check out the rest of the year's biggest homophobes and cast your votes today.

Thanks for going All Out,

Matt, Sarah, Pamela, Leandro, Yuri, Enrique, and the rest of the All Out team

P.S. Think we missed one of the year’s worst homophobes? Let us know who else you think deserves to be here!

Some tough choices there. So many douches and turd-sandwiches...

Comment

Working...
                                X