Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dove says women are not represented in video games

+ YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Yeesh. Is this a thing?

+ YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Cleary dove never heard of tomb raider. The next gta6 will have a female protagonist mass effect allows you to play female and a servey by bioware who mde the franchise showed that fem shepard is the most played amongst fans both male and female. These retards are in no position to lecture when there all for people chosing pro nouns and calling pregnant women birthing people so these mentally ill dbags wont get offended and shoot up another Christian school.
    TazzMission
    Guardian of the Universe
    Last edited by TazzMission; 05-23-2023, 09:27 PM.
    .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

I mean, I don't see any good reason why, for player avatars, people couldn't have the option to make them look as much like their real appearance as they want. I guess I assumed this was already possible, but I don't play those sorts of games. Any situation in which I could make a personal avatar, I've always had a lot of choices to choose from. I don't have sound here at work, so I don't know exactly what argument they are making. Are they arguing that there should be people of all body types as the default characters in situations where you CAN'T make a personal avatar? That seems like a pipe dream.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
        I mean, I don't see any good reason why, for player avatars, people couldn't have the option to make them look as much like their real appearance as they want. I guess I assumed this was already possible, but I don't play those sorts of games. Any situation in which I could make a personal avatar, I've always had a lot of choices to choose from. I don't have sound here at work, so I don't know exactly what argument they are making. Are they arguing that there should be people of all body types as the default characters in situations where you CAN'T make a personal avatar? That seems like a pipe dream.
        Cyberpunk allows customization where you can make a womens chest bigger and a guy very hung. I never played it but usually rpgs allow people to create there own charachter. I love sex as the next person but i dont need it in gaming . It also says a lot about a person male or female if they feel they aren't a specific size. I blame culture and society for this you have to be pretty wich is why men are taking steroids and the whole washboard abs deal and women basically butchering themselves with non need plastic surgery or starve themselves to be skinny
        TazzMission
        Guardian of the Universe
        Last edited by TazzMission; 05-24-2023, 02:04 PM.

Comment

I do find it odd that the woman in the reaction video doesn't seem to have any notion as to why anybody would want to be themselves in a video game. I mean, sure its a fantasy, but does my fantasy HAVE to include looking like somebody else? I'm sure it does for some (which is why I suspect that, no matter what options are available, avatars will still skew toward popular standards of beauty), but for myself I like the idea of imagining ME actually being in that environment, doing cool stuff, not just pretending to be somebody else doing those things (though I can have plenty of fun that way, too, when personalization isn't an option).

Of course, games I've played with personalized avatars have not been fighting games, but rather adventure games, or simulations of things like minigolf. I absolutely want to imagine my actual self in a game like Myst, or playing minigolf with friends. Maybe I'd feel different if I actually enjoyed playing fighting games. (Certainly, for a game where you were supposed to be playing as, say, an Avenger, I'd far rather be one of the actual Avengers than me in some spandex suit I made up.)

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
            I do find it odd that the woman in the reaction video doesn't seem to have any notion as to why anybody would want to be themselves in a video game. I mean, sure its a fantasy, but does my fantasy HAVE to include looking like somebody else? I'm sure it does for some (which is why I suspect that, no matter what options are available, avatars will still skew toward popular standards of beauty), but for myself I like the idea of imagining ME actually being in that environment, doing cool stuff, not just pretending to be somebody else doing those things (though I can have plenty of fun that way, too, when personalization isn't an option).

Of course, games I've played with personalized avatars have not been fighting games, but rather adventure games, or simulations of things like minigolf. I absolutely want to imagine my actual self in a game like Myst, or playing minigolf with friends. Maybe I'd feel different if I actually enjoyed playing fighting games. (Certainly, for a game where you were supposed to be playing as, say, an Avenger, I'd far rather be one of the actual Avengers than me in some spandex suit I made up.)
            Id love to see how many female gamers there really are. I mean they do exist but im curious to see if they match men in numbers. A old friend of mine is the queen of soul caliber and people assume a very attractive female wouldnt be caught dead gaming. There wrong. Im not a sexist at all or pc but there is this stigma that gamers are men who cant get laid. Its very similar to comics 20 years ago but now its normal and ok to be a nerd
            TazzMission
            Guardian of the Universe
            Last edited by TazzMission; 05-24-2023, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X