Jane, Get me off this crazy thing!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jane, Get me off this crazy thing!!

After discussing old cartoon to movie adaptations in another thread I thought I'd make this one. For the longest time I have wondered WHY DON'T WE HAVE A LIVE ACTION JETSONS MOVIE BY NOW. We've had two Flintstones films of which only one was any good. I think a Jetsons movie could be great and have some really great visuals. If they did this movie I would love to see Edward Norton play George Jetson and either Danny DeVito or Bob Hoskins to play Mr. Spacely. I would also like to see them give an explanation as to why we never see the grounf on the Jetsons. Was it because they just went the futuristic route and decide everything should be in the sky or did we fuck it up so bad that we had to move skyward? What do you guys think? Would you want to see this? Who would you want involved.
    I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Never thought about it, but that would be interesting.

Comment

Found this on WIkipedia. I remember some of this being mentioned.

Live-action filmIn May 2007, director Robert Rodriguez entered talks with Universal Studios and Warner Bros. to film a live action film adaptation of The Jetsons for a potential 2009 theatrical release, having at the time discussed directing a film adaptation of Land of the Lost with Universal Studios. Rodriguez was uncertain which project he would pursue next, though the latest script draft for The Jetsons by assigned writer Adam Goldberg was further along in development.[14] The film, produced by Denise Di Novi alongside Donald De Line with Hanna-Barbera Productions, Universal Studios and Warner Bros. was set for a 2012 release.[15][16] It was put on hold by Rodriguez in favor of a fourth Spy Kids film.[17]
      I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

If done correctly it could be really good, if not..... I don't want to think about that.

Sig by Zander Yurami

Comment

True but that could be said of any adaptation.

Comment

Originally posted by Lantern A-train View Post
            It was put on hold by Rodriguez in favor of a fourth Spy Kids film.
            *faceplam* Damnit Rodriguez

Sig by Zander Yurami

Comment

Because the world needs a fourth Spy Kids film?

Comment

We may not but it's quite the money maker. And I believe that Rodriguez has stated that he really likes making them.

Comment

I think the Jetsons are now too out of date. it would be targeted at kids and Kid now a days dont really know who the jetsons are. If it was done around the same time as the flintstones I could see it doing fairly well, but now it doesnt seem to fit in.

Comment

I think it could still work. And the theme of the Jetsons has changed throughout the years. In the 60 it was mostly about the space race and seemed more focused on that. In the 80's it became more about the future of technology and it's impact on the world at large.

Comment

I'm sure someone has a script but it has not been green lit by any studio. I'd like to see the actor that plays Philip from Modern Family to George Jetson and Danny Devito play his boss Mr. Spacely.
                      You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Growing up, I was never a Jetsons fan. I always thought it was an unfunny knock-off, futuristic version of the Flintstones.

Comment

I'd watch The Jetsons once in the while, but I wouldn't make a point to watch it.
                          You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

I'd rather them get Scooby Doo right.

Comment

Since The Jetsons is just The Flintstones IN SPACE!!! I doubt they would waste the money since The Flinstones movies tanked.
                              Goodbye Christopher Hitchins 1949 - 2011

Comment

Working...
                              X