The Boxing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Boxing Thread

I didn't see a thread for Boxing so here we go.

For those that saw the fight over the weekend, this image is all you need to see for a recap of all 12 rounds:

Bradley had a steady diet of Pacquiao's left jab all night long, yet thanks to crooked judging, Bradley won the bout.

Boxing has long been termed the “theater of the unexpected.” It lived up to that title on Saturday night when Manny Pacquiao lost his first fight in eight years at the hands of Timothy Bradley.

Pacquiao appeared to win no less than nine rounds on many scorecards and the decision never seemed to be in question. Bradley was a game opponent but was never in the fight. Pacquiao backed him up and rocked him on several occasions with big punches.

Yet somehow two of the three judges found a way to give Timothy Bradley the fight and caused a storm of controversy in the process.

Manny Pacquiao is not the first fighter to be the victim of a head-scratching decision and sadly he won’t be the last.
    Did anyone else see this travesty?

:Moderator:

I didn't, but I'm glad you made a thread about this.
    sigpic
    Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

12 rounds they went?

shit i goda find it online
      .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

I dont feel bad for Pacman at all.

Not after Marquez got screwed in the last fight.

MarqKarma is a bitch.

Team Cyclops !!! ...Screw Wolverine.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Burg View Post

MarqKarma is a bitch.
          eh i been talking to my cousin and he follows boxing and hes been saying its rigged

im not suprised really same can be stated for ufc now a days
          .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Burg View Post

MarqKarma is a bitch.
            A ton of people are saying that. I missed the Marquez fight, but it couldn't have been as blatant a misjudge as this last fight. From what I heard and read, the Marquez fight could have gone either way while the Bradley fight was a complete domination by Pacquiao. Bradley MIGHT have won 2 rounds at best.

Throughout the fight, I think Bradley was a bit more active with the jab, but Pac was connecting with most of his shots while Bradley was punching into Pac's defense... and for all his physical attributes and physique, Bradley has NO power.

Comment

Yo.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/doctor-...3204--spt.html

Doctor: Puerto Rico boxer Camacho is brain dead

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
              Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

Yeah, that's sad. He was one of the more colorful boxers in the sport.

I forgot I even made this thread.

Comment

Yo.

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/cama...sKglYgE3ragJpI

Camacho's women catfight at boxer’s funeral

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                  Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

I never thought I would live to see Pacquiao get completely FLATTENED in a bout.

...and he layed motionless on the canvas for at least a minute. It was a frightening moment.

This sucks because now we'll never see the dream match-up between PacMan and Money Mayflower. I was looking forward to seeing PacMan clobber Mayflower, but now it'll probably never happen. If it does, it wouldn't have the same aura and interest as PacMan is no longer the best in his weight class.

Comment

Pacquiao had a bad day at the office. It happens. Mike Tyson got beat by Buster Douglas.

That's two losses in a row for Pacquiao. Hopefully, he'll bounce back.

Now seeing that Pacquiao was beaten twice, Mayweather may want to get in the ring with him. Sure, the fight will lose some of its luster, but it still will sell.
                      You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Ali-Liston I.

This is one of the most amazing performances in sports history. Sonny Liston was considered a supreme destroyer, and almost everyone thought he'd destroy Muhammad Ali too. But Ali, who was barely 22 years old, had a big surprise prepared for everyone. His superb footwork, blazing fast hands and astonishing reflexes baffled Liston.

In round five Ali was blinded by a cut solution that had gotten onto Liston's gloves and from there had gotten into Ali's eyes, but Liston still couldn't hit him! Then when Ali's vision cleared up for round six, Liston stopped coming forward, and he looked every bit the thoroughly cowed bully that he was. At the end of that round he quit on his stool rather than take any more punishment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4IKMX-5JLk
                        Trey Strain
                        Guardian of the Universe
                        Last edited by Trey Strain; 03-04-2020, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Someone needs to put Ruiz on a low-carb diet. Imagine him at 218 pounds.

https://themaclife.com/featured-post...iz-highlights/

Comment

Even at his age, you'd have to be crazy to antagonize this guy. And everybody in Mexico knows who he is. Mike Tyson said Chavez was in the top five fighters who ever lived.

Chavez's brother was killed in a robbery two years ago.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/boxing-le...233737149.html
                            Trey Strain
                            Guardian of the Universe
                            Last edited by Trey Strain; 07-27-2019, 02:27 AM.

Comment

I overheard this guy telling stories in a diner once, and he was hilarious. He could have had a huge career as a boxing commentator.

https://www.ringtv.com/504768-eddie-...n-spinks-dies/

Comment

Working...
                              X