Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
    + YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
    Originally posted by Maverick_GL View Post
    The original is better:

Depeche Mode - Personal Jesus

+ YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

It's almost amazing how many times this song has been covered/ripped off, and still very few people know of Depeche Mode.

While I do admire Depeche Mode, you're both wrong:

+ YouTube Video

Comment

Speed metal bluegrass at it's finest.

+ YouTube Video

Comment

:Moderator:

Originally posted by fearless2814.1 View Post
        While I do admire Depeche Mode, you're both wrong:

+ YouTube Video
        Similar to the Cash version of Hurt, I just don't feel like he captures the original essence of the song he's covering. Not bad covers at all, and I like Johnny Cash, but I prefer his own work much more than his covers.

Nine Inch Nails - Hurt
        + YouTube Video

Johnny Cash - Hurt
        + YouTube Video

I don't find Cashs' version has the same emotion as Reznors'. Plus, the original works best in the context of the song preceding it.

Then again, you could always make a bit of a story about the song, where Reznors version was the "character" at a young age, while Cash was the character in old age and near death, one reflecting the fresh pain of youth, one reflecting the tired pain of old age.
        sigpic
        Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

:Moderator:

While on the topic of Depeche Mode

DM - World In My Eyes

+ YouTube Video
          sigpic
          Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick_GL View Post
            I don't find Cashs' version has the same emotion as Reznors'. Plus, the original works best in the context of the song preceding it.

Then again, you could always make a bit of a story about the song, where Reznors version was the "character" at a young age, while Cash was the character in old age and near death, one reflecting the fresh pain of youth, one reflecting the tired pain of old age.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, and I respect yours, but I think Cash not only matches Reznor's emotional tone, but exceeds it. Hell, Trent himself admitted Johnny did a better job with it than he did, and I tend to agree with Trent.

+ YouTube Video

...The music is unrelated to my comments, it's just what I'm listening to at the moment.

Comment

Attorney's telephone conversation from down the hall
              You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

+ YouTube Video

...The music is unrelated to my comments, it's just what I'm listening to at the moment.
                I love Them Crooked Vultures.

Have you watched the interview that preceded that performance? The part where Dave is talking about his drumming is hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by myuserid View Post
                  I love Them Crooked Vultures.

Have you watched the interview that preceded that performance? The part where Dave is talking about his drumming is hilarious.

I have not, but I will now.

Comment

A conference call with a bunch of attorneys for the last hour plus
                    You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
                      Attorney's telephone conversation from down the hall
                      Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
                      A conference call with a bunch of attorneys for the last hour plus
                      Everything okay? Feel free to vent if it helps or tell me "mind your own business" if that helps.

Comment

Thanks for asking. Everything is fine.

It's nothing alarming. I work in a law office and it's just the typical day. However, today is quiet. The only thing I'm really listening to is the sounds of my fingers typing on the keyboard.

Comment

I have not, but I will now.
                          Did you watch it yet?

Dave starts at the 5:00 mark.

+ YouTube Video

Comment

Just got back from seeing Childish Gambino live @ the B.o.A. Pavilion in Boston. That shit was spiritual!

Comment

+ YouTube Video

Comment

+ YouTube Video

Comment

Working...
                                X