• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Yo.

copycat!!

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
      Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• Joe Biden's son, Beau, dies of brain cancer he was 48

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Beau Biden, son of U.S. Vice President Joe Biden, has died after battling brain cancer, the vice president said on Saturday.

Biden was 46 and a former Delaware attorney general. He had been hospitalized this month for treatment at the Walter Reed Army Medical Center outside Washington.

After eight years as attorney general, Beau Biden joined the investor law firm Grant & Eisenhofer in 2015.

He served a yearlong tour in Iraq as a captain in the Delaware Army National Guard and underwent surgery at a cancer center in Texas last year. He suffered a mild stroke in 2010.

President Barack Obama paid warm tribute to Beau Biden, saying he took after his father.

"He studied the law, like his dad, even choosing the same law school. He chased a life of public service, like his dad, serving in Iraq and as Delaware’s Attorney General," Obama said in a statement.

"Like his dad, Beau was a good, big-hearted, devoutly Catholic and deeply faithful man, who made a difference in the lives of all he touched, and he lives on in their hearts."

The vice president has faced family tragedy before. Shortly after winning election to the U.S. Senate in 1972, his wife Neilia and three children were in a car crash. Neilia and their daughter were killed, while their two sons, Beau and Hunter, were injured.

Joe Biden has been Obama's vice president since the president first took office in January 2009. He has a deep knowledge of Washington politics after decades in the U.S. Senate, and a folksy, avuncular style that contrasts with Obama's more aloof manner.

http://news.yahoo.com/joe-biden-says...014739791.html
        .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/33...passes-age-88/

R.I.P. Betsy Palmer, Who Played Pamela Voorhees, Passes At Age 88

It is with sad hearts that we report that Betsy Palmer, the actress who played Pamela Voorhees in Friday the 13th and its sequel, has passed away at age 88. She died this past Friday in a Connecticut hospice care center.
          Palmer began her acting career in the 50’s, obtaining many small roles in TV shows such as “Inner Sanctum“, “The Web“, “Lux Video Theatre“, and more.
          Interestingly, Palmer did not hold her role as Ms. Voorhees in high regard, saying that she only took on the role to purchase a car. In fact, her original thoughts on the film were, “What a piece of shit! Nobody is ever going to see this thing. What an awful thing this is.” [Source]
          However, apparently as the years passed by she gradually embraced Ms. Voorhees, appreciating the love that horror fans had for her.
          Rest in peace, Betsy. We send our condolences to friends and family.

Jeff
          Guardian of the Universe
          Last edited by Jeff; 06-01-2015, 12:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff View Post
            http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/33...passes-age-88/

It is with sad hearts that we report that Betsy Palmer, the actress who played Pamela Voorhees in Friday the 13th and its sequel, has passed away at age 88. She died this past Friday in a Connecticut hospice care center.
            Palmer began her acting career in the 50’s, obtaining many small roles in TV shows such as “Inner Sanctum“, “The Web“, “Lux Video Theatre“, and more.
            Interestingly, Palmer did not hold her role as Ms. Voorhees in high regard, saying that she only took on the role to purchase a car. In fact, her original thoughts on the film were, “What a piece of shit! Nobody is ever going to see this thing. What an awful thing this is.” [Source]
            However, apparently as the years passed by she gradually embraced Ms. Voorhees, appreciating the love that horror fans had for her.
            Rest in peace, Betsy. We send our condolences to friends and family.

noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Comment

• Oh man, I am so sad about this. My favorite movie mom is gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Davos View Post
                Oh man, I am so sad about this. My favorite movie mom is gone.
                Yeah, I hear ya. She did love her boy, that's for sure.

Comment

• Tommy Rogers, One Half Of The Fantastics, Passes Away At 54 Years Old

Source: F4WOnline

Dave Melter is reporting at F4WOnline.com that Thomas "Tommy Rogers" Crouch, best known as one half of The Fantastics with Robert "Bobby Fulton" Hines, passed away today at the age of 54 at his home in Honolulu. He was due to be sentenced tomorrow on charges relating to a brawl with police officers. Details on cause and matter of death are still pending.

An incredibly gifted worker from his debut in 1981, he floated around various territories, most visibly in Georgia before getting his big break in late 1984 when he went to Dallas. There, he was put together with Fulton (who had briefly been half of "The Fantastic Ones" with Terry Taylor in the Georgia satellite territory out of Chattanooga, Tennessee in 1983) as The Fantastics, the primary dance partners of the Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton and Dennis Condrey with Jim Cornette), who had also just started in the territory. They quickly established themselves as one of the best working teams in the business, probably just below the Rock 'n' Roll Express as far as American babyface teams, though they had a flashier in-ring style at times.

Pretty much always as the top babyface team in the territory, floated from Dallas to Mid-South to Memphis, almost back to Mid-South and then back to Dallas before getting the biggest break of their careers in 1988. The Midnight Express, now with Stan Lane instead of Condrey, needed fresh opponents in Jim Crockett Promotions (which became WCW later in the year), asked for The Fantastics to be brought in, and immediately put them over in a classic free TV match. Their most famous match, a wild brawl at the first Clash of the Champions, got series match of the year consideration.

They eventually moved on to All Japan Pro Wrestling, considered one of the best jobs in wrestling at the time because you made great money and could live a normal life during your weeks off at home. For the next several years, they were mainstays competing for the All Asia Tag Titles, AJPW's equivalent of the WCW U.S. Tag Team Titles. Eventually, they went their separate ways, winding down their careers working indies, with Rogers also having an ECW stint where he looked great in undercard tag team matches.

It's not an exaggeration to say that with his look, physique, and working ability that Rogers likely would have been a much bigger star if he was taller. As it was, he was one of the most underrated workers in the business his whole career, usually thought of more as a great tag team wrestler than an outstanding individual performer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                    http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/33...passes-age-88/

I was saying to Jeff I'm glad I met her (a couple times at conventions) and got her signature. She was very nice and enthusiastic about fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post

I was saying to Jeff I'm glad I met her (a couple times at conventions) and got her signature. She was very nice and enthusiastic about fans.
                      thats nice to hear. i also heard hodder is a big softy with fans

Comment

• Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
                        thats nice to hear. i also heard hodder is a big softy with fans
                        I met him too. Didn't speak with him as long as Palmer, but he was cool with me. I did tell him something about liking how #7 was done.

Comment

• http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-33036755

British actor Richard Johnson, whose career spanned film, theatre and TV, has died aged 87, his family has said.

Comment

• https://www.yahoo.com/movies/s/actre...194436196.html

Actress and philanthropist Mary Ellen Trainor, who appeared in every “Lethal Weapon” film and played the mother in “Goonies,” died at her home in Montecito, Calif., on May 20. She was 62.

Comment

• Yo.

Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
                              http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-33036755

British actor Richard Johnson, whose career spanned film, theatre and TV, has died aged 87, his family has said.

Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
                              https://www.yahoo.com/movies/s/actre...194436196.html

Actress and philanthropist Mary Ellen Trainor, who appeared in every “Lethal Weapon” film and played the mother in “Goonies,” died at her home in Montecito, Calif., on May 20. She was 62.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.2249154

Aarthi Agarwal, South Indian film actress, dead at 31

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                              Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• /\ I just read an article regarding Agarwal because I was curious why she died from a heart attack so young.

http://movies.ndtv.com/regional/firs...t-kills-770307

Her death saddens me and I wish her family and loved ones well.

Comment

Working...
                                X