No announcement yet.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fucking West, closing threads and shit. So to continue the interesting dialogue in the Affleck Batman thread.

Would a casting of Will Smith or Ben Affleck as Batman piss you off more?

My response: I have to admit that Will Smith being Batman as a reflection of the proper DC universe would make me upset because of the race. However, I'd be just as equally upset if Luke Cage was made with Bill Goldberg playing him. Race-bending in any form to me is fucking stupid. Unless, you're basing the character on something completely original.

Like if they made a Miles Morales Spider-Man movie, it would work because there's a completely different universe than the 616 where it works. However, when you're a movie adapting something from comics, it needs to happen in the comic first. IMHO.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

• I've been following Kevin Smith on Twitter.

Here's some of his Tweets:

@ThatKevinSmith

Lots asking my thoughts on #BatFleck. Rocks for THIS Bat-fan: now I've suddenly made out with Batman once back in 99. pic.twitter.com/dIIHhA2M90

@ThatKevinSmith

Long before there was a #BatFleck, Batman once fought the Swamp Thing! Hear the stories on the new FAT MAN ON BATMAN! http://smodcast.com/episodes/read-along-with-kev-vol-2/

@ThatKevinSmith

Holy shit... BEN AFFLECK IS THE NEW BATMAN!!! http://variety.com/2013/film/news/be...an-1200586881/ … Do you know what this means? It means that I've seen Batman naked!!!

You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnnyV View Post
        Fucking West, closing threads and shit. So to continue the interesting dialogue in the Affleck Batman thread.

Would a casting of Will Smith or Ben Affleck as Batman piss you off more?
        Will Smith as Batman wouldn't work, just like Jason Statham as Blade wouldn't work. You can "race-bend" with secondary and supporting characters, but not the main protagonist.

Comment

• Will Smith as Batman is moot.

Like Sylent said earlier, I'm rooting for Affleck because I want this movie to be an epic success. I want a Justice League movie.
          You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Depends who.

For example, there could easily be a black doctor who, if James Bond turns out to be a persona instead of an actually character, then we could easily have a black Bond. My concept for if they had a black batman is that he'd be a black man as Bruce Wayne, but when he's dressed as Batman, he'd wear some white make up where his bare skin is.
            Originally posted by IonFan
            (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
            Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
            If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
            Originally posted by Quaker
            I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deadpool View Post
              Depends who.

For example, there could easily be a black doctor who, if James Bond turns out to be a persona instead of an actually character, then we could easily have a black Bond. My concept for if they had a black batman is that he'd be a black man as Bruce Wayne, but when he's dressed as Batman, he'd wear some white make up where his bare skin is.
              So you'd put Batman in White Face?? Just stop.
              I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

• Yep.

Or maybe have his face done up as a white man. Who would suspect Bruce Wayne, a black man to be Batman, a white man?
                If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.

Comment

• Matt Damon as fuckin' Jason Borne. Why not Batfleck?

Comment

• http://screenrant.com/ben-affleck-ba...el-discussion/

Look at it this way.

People bitched about RDJ for Iron Man
                    People bitched about Ledger for TDK
                    People bitched about Norton leaving hulk and being replaced by Mark Ruffalo
                    People bitched about Keaton for 89 Batman, and Dave still bitches

Donnor thought Reeves wasnt big enough for Superman.

Guess what in the end they all worked out wonderfully.

So quit yer bitching people.

Comment

• Deadpool, stop right now.

no more talking, just stop.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robinson View Post
                        http://screenrant.com/ben-affleck-ba...el-discussion/

Look at it this way.

People bitched about RDJ for Iron Man
                        People bitched about Ledger for TDK
                        People bitched about Norton leaving hulk and being replaced by Mark Ruffalo
                        People bitched about Keaton for 89 Batman, and Dave still bitches

Donnor thought Reeves wasnt big enough for Superman.

Guess what in the end they all worked out wonderfully.

So quit yer bitching people.
                        For all those cases you cited, there are double for bad castings, starting with everything about Batman & Robin.

I really hope this works out, and ends up as #5 on your list.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robinson View Post
                          Deadpool, stop right now.

no more talking, just stop.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
                            For all those cases you cited, there are double for bad castings, starting with everything about Batman & Robin.

I really hope this works out, and ends up as #5 on your list.
                            True. But most movies, like the one you mentioned, are terrible for a lot more reasons than a casting.

Comment

• Petition Filed on White House Website Wants Batman Recast

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

• If it gets 250, 000 signatures and the Obama administration has to answer it then this will have been worth it

Comment

Working...
                                X