Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JohnnyV View Post
    Just a marketing disaster for WB. So many fans and general people on the internet assumed the next movie was going to be Man of Steel 2. At no time has WB ever said it was going to be anything other than that, and now all of a sudden it's being billed as a "vs." movie with hints towards Justice League. WB just has zero fucking clue what they're doing.
    It was billed as a Vs. movie last year when they unveiled it Comic Con.

I think WB knows what they're doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by chosenone85 View Post
      It was billed as a Vs. movie last year when they unveiled it Comic Con.

I think WB knows what they're doing.
      No they don't. Flying by the seat of their money pants. The closer we get to this, the more disaster is written all over it.

In June 2013, it was announced that director Zack Snyder and screenwriter David S. Goyer would both be returning for a Man of Steel sequel, which is being fast tracked by Warner Bros. Goyer had previously signed a three-film deal, which includes Man of Steel, its sequel, and a Justice League film featuring Superman. Christopher Nolan has announced he will be attached as executive producer, while composer Hans Zimmer is set to return to score the sequel.[15] Later in the month, the studio was considering a 2014 release for the film.[16]

In July 2013, Zack Snyder confirmed at San Diego Comic-Con International that the sequel to Man of Steel in 2015 will have Superman and Batman meeting for the first time in a cinematic format. Goyer and Snyder will co-write the story, with Goyer writing the script. Cavill, Adams, Lane, and Fishburne will reprise their roles.[6][17] Snyder stated that the film would take inspiration from the comic The Dark Knight Returns.[18] However, in November 2013, Snyder clarified that the film would not be based on the graphic novel. "If you were going to do that, you would need a different Superman. We’re bringing Batman into the universe that now this Superman lives in."[19] Goyer stated at the Superman 75th Anniversary Panel at Comic-Con, that Superman and Batman will face off, and titles under consideration are Superman vs Batman or Batman vs Superman.[2] The production will film in Toronto, Ontario, rather than Vancouver as Man of Steel did.[20]

In January 2014, it was announced that the film had been delayed from its original July 17, 2015 release date to May 6, 2016, in order to give the filmmakers "time to realize fully their vision, given the complex visual nature of the story".[21] In April 2014, Hans Zimmer confirmed that he would return to compose the sequel's score.[22] The film's official title was announced on May 21, 2014, following the beginning of principal photography.[1]
      JohnnyV
      Pictionary Master
      Last edited by JohnnyV; 05-21-2014, 08:37 PM.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnnyV View Post
        No they don't. Flying by the seat of their money pants. The closer we get to this, the more disaster is written all over it.
        Just wait and see. They have 2 years before it hits theaters. I guess I'm just being positive.

Comment

• Don't get me wrong, I'm only basing this on the history of how they've been setting up the movie. It's just changed so many times. I'll be the first to flip the script and go ape shit during the first teaser. It just feels like there's no cohesive direction going with this, but I'd be more than happy to be wrong.

Comment

• Its been billed
            as a vs. Movie for the last 8 months.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robinson View Post
              Its been billed
              as a vs. Movie for the last 8 months.
              Right. And to my knowledge man of steel 2 was only a tentative title after WB announced a follow-up.

Comment

• I tend to agree with JV in the thought that there was suppose to be a Man of Steel 2 before any Batman and Superman cross-over or Justice League movie. I think right before SDCC they made decision to do a Batman v. Superman movie for 2015. Then they sat around and said, "You know what would be cool?... Let's add Wonder Woman." Now the movie was pushed back to 2016. I think the WB is falling into the same people as Sony with Amazing Spider-Man 2, in that they have all these seemingly cool ideas they want to cram into the movie and may sacrifice story and plot to do it.
                You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                  I'd be a lot better with the title if they'd just drop the "Versus." That sounds dumb... it's obviously not going to be something like King Kong vs. Godzilla...
                  We already shared the same favorite movie, but now that you site King Kong vs. Godzilla as the first and foremost "versus" movie, I like you even more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
                    I tend to agree with JV in the thought that there was suppose to be a Man of Steel 2 before any Batman and Superman cross-over or Justice League movie. I think right before SDCC they made decision to do a Batman v. Superman movie for 2015. Then they sat around and said, "You know what would be cool?... Let's add Wonder Woman." Now the movie was pushed back to 2016. I think the WB is falling into the same people as Sony with Amazing Spider-Man 2, in that they have all these seemingly cool ideas they want to cram into the movie and may sacrifice story and plot to do it.
                    Yep, there's definitely history there. I'm not saying that the most recent billing wasn't a "vs." movie, but it wasn't always that way. And it didn't take them long to flip on Man of Steel 2. Trying to rush a Justice League movie. And rarely does a movie succeed if it's being rushed. And the fact that the idea behind the movie has changed so many times leads me to think there's no clear direction going forward.

Comment

• It's also somewhat concerning that they're shooting BvS: DOJ back-to-back with Justice League. That's sound a real rush job to catch to the Avengers and X-Men franchises.

I remember when WB said they're not concerned with Marvel movies and a shared universe. But now, they can't get their shared universe on the screen fast enough.
                      You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
                        It's also somewhat concerning that they're shooting BvS: DOJ back-to-back with Justice League.

Has that been confirmed anywhere of repute?

Comment

• No official confirmation yet, but Borys Kit (Hollywood Reporter) says it's confirmed.

Comment

• There have been a lot of movies that shoot back to back.

The next men movie is rumored to film back to back with the next xmen movie.

Comment

• Lord of The Rings shot all three movies at once. Well most of them anyway.

Comment

• Yea shooting back to back means nothing and doesn't equate to a bad film guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X