• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Yo.

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
      Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• From Yale's patreon:

As some of you may’ve heard, I’ve been working on a brand new creator-owned series for about a year and a half now. It’s a fantasy adventure-comedy about a young man named Étan setting out from his home in an attempt to become a great adventurer like from the stories of his childhood, and he’ll quickly learn that such a feat cannot be accomplished alone. At its core, it’s a story about friendship, aspiration, and morality. I just finished the first draft of the first issue, and am planning to begin drawing it in earnest by next week. I’m really excited about it, and I think if you’re a fan of JL8, you’ll find a lot of things to enjoy in it.

Speaking of JL8, let’s talk about it. As I focus on this new creator-owned book, I’ll have significantly less time to devote to JL8. I’ve already had a very difficult time keeping JL8 updated the last few years, so I’ve concluded that the best course of action is to pivot JL8 fully into a once-per-year large-update comic that I can work on intermittently throughout the year, starting immediately. The upcoming sleepover is a major story that I’d like to tell all at once anyway, so the timing works out pretty well. What this means is that today’s update is likely the only JL8 update coming in 2020, but hopefully this time next year, I’ll be posting a 30-40 page full story for you to read and enjoy. Here on Patreon, things will largely continue as normal: lots of commissions, progress pieces, etc., but there won’t be any new JL8 pages for some time.

Honestly, I wish I could work on JL8 forever. It’s brought me a lot of joy, and it’s a ton of fun. The reality, though, is that I’ve been working on this for nearly ten years, and it’s pretty clear that it’s gotten as successful as it can, and sadly, that’s not enough to reliably live on. If DC wanted to pick me up, they would’ve done it by now, so I can’t continue forward hoping that may happen. I’m getting older, I’d like to one day start a family, and currently, JL8 can’t provide that for me. That’s why these changes are taking place.

This is also why I’m having my giant sale tomorrow. I’m venturing out into the great unknown in this coming year, and money will likely be hard to come by. Any purchase made during my sale—or at any time—will greatly help my odds of succeeding in my attempt to produce both my new creator-owned book as well as the largest JL8 update in the comic’s history. Any support means the world.

JL8 has been one of the highlights of my life. It cannot be overstated. What also cannot be overstated is that this IS NOT THE END. It’s merely a change. I sincerely hope you stick around for what’s to come.

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart,

Yale

Comment

• Yo.

guess this thread will die out pretty soon, then....

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
          Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• DMN................... this sucks but i understand why

post #20,222

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

• Well I'll still be here waiting.
              Time,Space and Will Power

Comment

Working...
              X