This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
    When Johns got reassigned, it was announced that Jim Lee would become the new chief creative officer, as well as continuing as the co-publisher with Dan DiDio. But now it looks as if the position of CCO has been eliminated.
    That's not true, Lee is still CCO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypo View Post
      That's not true, Lee is still CCO.
      Well, they missed a good opportunity. That's too big a job for one person.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypo View Post

first look at Robotman in Doom Patrol:

It looks like he walked off the comics page!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
          It looks like he walked off the comics page!!
          Yeah, I'm not a DP fan like you, but that looks spot on to my eyes. Looks better than most of the big-budget Justice League movie designs, which is just sad.

Comment

• If they weren't going to make the show look like the Drake/Pemiani run, then the Morrison/Case run is the only other run to use. I think in this case they made the right decision. At least so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
              If hollywood wants to show they have serious SJW balls, they should cast an asian tranny as Superman. Invest like 200 million dollars in it. That would show they are serious.
              Unless they just really want to do a Superman vs Racial Profiling story [which has been done now in CW's Black Lightning tv series], I don't see the point in wanting to go so far into left field. When I started reading all the different articles one guy claimed if WB did do this, they'd HAVE to name it 'Black Superman' because Clark Kent is so whitebread it'd be hard to transition that character to a black guy. He said something along the lines of "Little old ladies might be okay with clumsy white Clark helping them across the street. A black Clark Kent though would have to overcome a lot more adversity..." Another thing he went on to mention, was "where does it end?" Do you make Lois a black chick, or really push the interracial relationship angle?

WB can just barely make a passable Superman, now they're thinking about remaking the hero completely? THAT seems like an easier task?!

I asked a friend at work who's black how he felt about it. His immediate response was "What, they think Imma wanna go see it more just cause they're making him black? That's stupid..."

It makes me wonder what we would do as GL fans if something was similarly done to our favorites? What if Hal Jordan was a black guy and ex military [it seemed like John spent more time in than Hal...] and they just completely forgot about the whole John Stewart character? Remember when Dwayne 'the Rock' Johnson starred in the Walking Tall remake and so much was changed it barely resembled the original story?

I'm all for seeing the Multiverse explored in one of the comic cinematic universes. If they REALLY wanna do a black Superman, I'd have Tangent Superman, Val Zod, or President Superman show up for a cameo that lead into something bigger. Shame Will Smith is already Deadshot, cause he would've been perfect for any of those iterations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ωmega Man View Post
                ...one guy claimed if WB did do this, they'd HAVE to name it 'Black Superman' because Clark Kent is so whitebread it'd be hard to transition that character to a black guy. He said something along the lines of "Little old ladies might be okay with clumsy white Clark helping them across the street. A black Clark Kent though would have to overcome a lot more adversity...
                That person does know that Superman isn't real, right? I mean if you wanted to have black Clark help an old lady across the street then just have the writer do it. It doesn't have to be some big civil rights point. The lady is only going to reject him if the writer chooses she do so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                  That person does know that Superman isn't real, right? I mean if you wanted to have black Clark help an old lady across the street then just have the writer do it. It doesn't have to be some big civil rights point. The lady is only going to reject him if the writer chooses she do so.
                  He meant in the context of the story and the world as it is now being represented in the film.

Here's the link: https://theundefeated.com/features/m...lack-superman/

Comment

• Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross To Score HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ Series

Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross have been hired to score HBO’s upcoming television adaptation of Alan Moore’s graphic novel Watchmen. The show is developed by Damon Lindelof (Lost, The Leftovers, Prometheus) and stars Regina King, Jeremy Irons, Don Johnson, Tim Blake Nelson, Louis Gossett Jr., Andrew Howard, Tom Mison and Frances Fisher. The drama is set in an alternate history where “superheroes” are treated as outlaws, “Watchmen” embraces the nostalgia of the original groundbreaking graphic novel while attempting to break new ground of its own. Lindelof is also executive producing the project with Nicole Kassell who is also directing the pilot episode, Tom Spezialy, Stephen Williams, and Joseph Iberti (Boardwalk Empire). Watchmen is expected to premiere in 2019 on HBO.

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2018/09...tchmen-series/

Comment

• Christopher McQuarrie did a Q&A at a Mission Impossible: Fallout screening/event, apparently Liefeld was in attendance and Green Lantern came up:

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypo

Oh dear. That doesn't inspire hope.

Comment

• Ugh! That just made my heart sink.

Comment

• Well we don't know when the offer was made, could've been before the most recent shake up.

Comment

• ‘Birds of Prey’ Adds Jurnee Smollett-Bell and Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Black Canary and Huntress

Comment

• I'd rather Jurnee play Huntress

Comment

Working...
                                X