Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gunn on Superman wouldn't be any worse than Snyder on Superman. I think Gunn would have done a fine job on Superman because he's a comic book nerd and I'm sure it would have been fun. Plus Gunn and his brothers seemingly know the Superman mythos pretty well, as they're doing the black mirror version of the character with "Brightburn."

The trailer for "Brightburn" feel so much like Superman than "Man of Steel" and "Batman v. Superman."

+ YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
    You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
      Gunn on Superman wouldn't be any worse than Snyder on Superman.
      Yeah, but to be fair, IonFan on Superman wouldn't be worse than Snyder. That's not a very high bar.

Comment

• 'Y: The Last Man' Ordered to Series at FX

Comment

• Brian Tyler To Score DC Universe’s ‘Swamp Thing’

Brian Tyler (Avengers: Age of Ultron, Iron Man 3, Thor: The Dark World, Fast & Furious, Crazy Rich Asians) has signed on to score the upcoming DC Universe original series Swamp Thing. The show is developed by Mark Verheiden (Daredevil, Ash vs Evil Dead) & Gary Dauberman (It, Annabelle) based on the DC characters created by Len Wein & Bernie Wrightson and stars Crystal Reed, Andy Bean, Derek Mears, Maria Sten, Jeryl Prescott, Virginia Madsen, Will Patton, Henderson Wade, Kevin Durand and Ian Ziering. The drama follows Abby Arcane as she investigates what seems to be a deadly swamp-born virus in a small town in Louisiana but soon discovers that the swamp holds mystical and terrifying secrets. James Wan (Aquaman, The Conjuring) is executive producing the Atomic Monster & Warner Bros. Television production with Verheiden & Dauberman, Michael Clear (MacGyver) and Len Wiseman (Underworld, Live Free or Die Hard) who is also directing the first episode. Tyler has previously collaborated with Wiseman on Fox’s Sleepy Hollow and also scored the Wan-directed Furious 7. Swamp Thing will premiere later this year on the DC Universe streaming service.
          http://filmmusicreporter.com/2019/02...s-swamp-thing/

Comment

• + YouTube Video
            ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

• 'Aquaman' Spinoff 'The Trench' in the Works

+ YouTube Video

Comment

• Could work if they do it in the same vein as a low budget horror movie.

Comment

• The Wrap: David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick to Write ‘Aquaman’ Sequel
                  Frequent James Wan collaborator David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick has been tapped to write the “Aquaman” sequel, TheWrap has exclusively learned.

Johnson-McGoldrick co-wrote the first “Aquaman” with Will Beall based on a story by Geoff Johns, Beall, and James Wan.

Wan and Peter Safran are producing.

“Aquaman” has grossed $1.12 billion worldwide, becoming Warner Bros.’ first billion-dollar box office hit since “The Dark Knight Rises” in 2012. It is also the first billion-dollar release from a studio other than Disney or Universal since “Transformers: Age of Extinction” in 2014.

The road to $1 billion began with the film’s release in China on the first weekend of December, when it opened to a studio-record $94 million.

Warner Bros. did a significant reshuffling of their studio’s DC division after the disappointing results of “Justice League,” which served as Aquaman’s big-screen introduction but only made $657 million worldwide despite also featuring Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman.

The news follows last week’s announcement that Warner Bros. is developing an “Aquaman” spinoff “The Trench,” an individual with knowledge of the project told TheWrap. Screenwriters Noah Gardner and Aidan Fitzgerald have been tapped to write “The Trench.”

Johnson-McGoldrick’s credits include “The Conjuring 2” and “The Conjuring 3” along with “Dungeons and Dragons” and “Orphan.”

Johnson-McGoldrick is repped by Paradigm and Behr Abramson Levy

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
                    'Aquaman' Spinoff 'The Trench' in the Works

+ YouTube Video
                    Originally posted by Hypo View Post
                    Could work if they do it in the same vein as a low budget horror movie.
                    Considering that the trench scene was mostly CGI, I'm not sure how an actual film centered on it could be low budget. For it to be low budget, the movie would probably take place in a cave to avoid costs of CGI ocean and creatures floating around.

It will be interesting to see where they go with the sequel.
                    You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• The Trench is a pretty cool concept. Curious to see how they pull it off without any principal Aquaman actors.

Comment

• Clint Mansell & Kevin Kiner Scoring DC Universe’s ‘Doom Patrol’

Clint Mansell (Requiem for a Dream, Black Swan, Moon, The Fountain) and Kevin Kiner (Star Wars Rebels, Narcos: Mexico, Star Wars: The Clone Wars) are the composers of the new DC Universe original series Doom Patrol. The show is developed by Jeremy Carver (Supernatural) based on the DC comics created by Arnold Drake, Bob Haney & Bruno Premiani and stars Matt Bomer, Brendan Fraser, April Bowlby, Diane Guerrero, Joivan Wade, Alan Tudyk and Timothy Dalton. The drama follows a group of outcast Super Heroes: Robotman, Negative Man, Elasti-Girl and Crazy Jane, led by modern-day mad scientist Dr. Niles Caulder (The Chief). Carver is also executive producing the Warner Bros. Television production with Greg Berlanti, Geoff Johns and Sarah Schechter (Riverdale, The Flash, Arrow, Supergirl) are producing the Warner Bros. Television production. Kiner & Mansell have previously co-scored the first season of DC Universe’s Titans. Doom Patrol will premiere this Friday, February 15 exclusively on the DC Universe streaming platform.
                        http://filmmusicreporter.com/2019/02...s-doom-patrol/

Comment

• I have been checking out reviews of Doom Patrol today for the first 2 episodes that went out to the press early. I am hearing almost all good things about it, chiefly (pun intended) that so far DP is a LOT better than Titans. Now I really wish WB had thought to offer this on ps4. At this point I would just fork over 75 bucks for a year subscription and have been done with it.

Comment

• Yo.

so, apparently *this* is a thing now: https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/exclus...animated-movie

Exclusive: Batman and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles meet in first animated movie crossover

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                            Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• I had my doubts but I really enjoyed the first episode of Doom Patrol, here's the extended trailer and opening credits for those that are interested:

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

Comment

• Well they got me. I just signed up for 12 months a few minutes ago. It said the confirmation email is up to 24 hours but I got it within 5 minutes.

Now I just have to figure out how I can best watch this without resorting to using my phone.

Comment

Working...
                                X