Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WB's DC Entertainment II

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • It breaks my heart, but my expectations for Netflix's Sandman series are SUPER low. From floppies to absolute format, I've bought that series 4 times since 1987 and I should be the main audience for this show. Yet I know they are going to ruin it like they do every other beloved franchise.

    Comment


    • Lorne Balfe Scoring Jaume Collet-Serra ‘Black Adam’


      Lorne Balfe (Black Widow, Mission: Impossible – Fallout, Top Gun: Maverick, His Dark Materials, The Wheel of Time, The LEGO Batman Movie) is composing the original music for the upcoming superhero movie Black Adam. The film is directed by Jaume Collet-Serra (Jungle Cruise, Non-Stop) and stars Dwayne Johnson, Aldis Hodge, Pierce Brosnan, Noah Centineo, Quintessa Swindell, Sarah Shahi, Marwan Kenzari and Bodhi Sabongui. The movie tells the story of the titular anti-hero who first appeared in DC Comics in the 1940s as a power-corrupt villain and slowly became an anti-hero by the 2000s, known for his disregard of rules and conventions. Adam Sztykiel (Rampage, Scoob!) and Rory Haines & Sohrab Noshirvani (The Mauritanian) wrote the screenplay. Johnson is also producing the project with Dany Garcia & Hiram Garcia (Red Notice, DC League of Superpets) for Seven Bucks Productions, as well as Beau Flynn (San Andreas, Journey to the Center of the Earth). Black Adam will be released in theaters nationwide on October 21, 2022 by Warner Bros. Pictures.


      Comment


      • I don't think I'd have greenlighted a Batgirl movie in the first place. Not unless someone sent me a script that cried out to be filmed.

        Let's see. A television series with a half-black Batwoman tanked, and a movie with a black Batgirl isn't even being released. Meanwhile, a Black Canary movie starring Jussie Smollett's sister, and movies with a Latino Supergirl and a Latino Blue Beetle, are probably getting canceled.

        Something seems to be similar about all those projects, but I can't quite put my finger on what it is.

        Hmm. Maybe its the idea that all you have to do is replace a white heterosexual protagonist with a minority member, and the market will throw money at you.

        https://www.ign.com/articles/supergi...girl-cancelled
        Trey Strain
        Guardian of the Universe
        Last edited by Trey Strain; 08-04-2022, 03:30 PM.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
          I don't think I'd have greenlighted a Batgirl movie in the first place. Not unless someone sent me a script that cried out to be filmed.

          Let's see. A television series with a half-black Batwoman tanked, and a movie with a black Batgirl isn't even being released. Meanwhile, a Black Canary movie starring Jussie Smollett's sister, and movies with a Latino Supergirl and a Latino Blue Beetle, are probably getting canceled.

          Something seems to be similar about all those projects, but I can't quite put my finger on what it is.

          Hmm. Maybe its the idea that all you have to do is replace a white heterosexual protagonist with a minority member, and the market will throw money at you.

          https://www.ign.com/articles/supergi...girl-cancelled
          I hate race swapping but they could of had Gordon in a interacial marriage. I have no connection to batgirl but instead of casting for sake of equality they could at leaast make it believeable. Also the acress would fall under light skin black
          .................................................. ..........................

          Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

          Comment


          • She could have been cast bacause she was the best option avaiable. Not just because of her skin tone. People get so wrapped up in color now a days they forget that there is some talent involved when making movies.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Robinson View Post
              She could have been cast bacause she was the best option avaiable. Not just because of her skin tone. People get so wrapped up in color now a days they forget that there is some talent involved when making movies.
              Your not wrong in that regard about maybe being the best ill give you that but you cant deny theres a lot of race swapping. Be real is anyone going to read black batman? Also if it isnt political where do you see black batman now? Isnt it interesting they only do it for black history month and pride? Like remember before pride month they hinted Bruce beeing bi. Pride has been over yet nothing about bi Bruce. Not saying i want it but it is political. Its kind of like hey Fuck you your only good once sa year and Not monthly
              .................................................. ..........................

              Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

              Comment


              • Comic fandoms in general are pretty petty and toxic so I wouldn't take their opinions on certain things with too much weight in general.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Robinson View Post
                  Comic fandoms in general are pretty petty and toxic so I wouldn't take their opinions on certain things with too much weight in general.
                  Well todays ** comic fans*! Even * writers * are all activists .
                  .................................................. ..........................

                  Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X