X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nathan Fillion Wants To Play Booster Gold

+ YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

http://comicbook.com/2015/08/23/nath...-booster-gold/
    .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• He's too old.

Comment

• I think of his acting in Dr. Horrible and the thing with his age doesn't bother me. Nothing that getting in really good shape wouldn't fix. It's not like they cement how old heroes are in every movie anyway...

~M~ [EDIT: Keep forgetting my name finally changed LOL]
        Ωmega Man
        Guardian of the Universe
        Last edited by Ωmega Man; 08-23-2015, 08:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by -M- View Post
          I think of his acting in Dr. Horrible and the thing with his age doesn't bother me. Nothing that getting in really good shape wouldn't fix. It's not like they cement how old heroes are in every movie anyway...

~KL~

Booster Gold is a guy who was caught gambling on the college football games he played in, then got some time travel tech and went back to the past to become a superhero.

Let's be generous and say Booster was caught in his senior year of college, and give him a couple of years to toil in misery before stumbling upon the scheme to return to past.

Even being generous, that puts him around his late 20's, his early 30's if you're proposing he was stuck in the future for the better part of a decade afterwards.

At least for his introduction, he has to be a young, fresh-faced huckster with an ego.

Nathan Fillion could've been A LOT of great superheroes in his heyday, but that time has come and gone. He's just another actor that missed his window, IMO.

Comment

• I thought Booster was already down on his luck in the future and stole a bunch of superhero stuff from a museum he worked in and traveled back in time to be a hero? I could see him being that version, as nothing in tv or the films sticks THAT close to what was originally in the comics. I think the origin I'm thinking of was on Batman B&B.

Fillion is probably just coming to grips with never being a live action Hal and trying to find another hero to become. Throw a streak in his hair and he could be the Jason Blood half of the Demon Etrigan, put him in blue make-up and he could play Blue Devil, or even a chrome skin tone for Capt. Atom. There's still a lot of characters he could still play, I think he just relates to the humor Booster brings to the table.

~M~

Comment

• Originally posted by Fearless View Post
              He's too old.
              people wanted him in a comic role for many years now he expresses interest and now you are saying hes to old?

i swear fanboys can never make up there minds

Comment

• Fillion is 44, not too old to be a hero at all. Hell, RDJ is already 50 and how many times has he been Iron Man? If they're ever gonna cast Fillion for a superhero role, there's still a bit of a window. Not much of one, but I wouldn't say it's out of the question.

~M~

Comment

Fillion is 44, not too old to be a hero at all. Hell, RDJ is already 50 and how many times has he been Iron Man? If they're ever gonna cast Fillion for a superhero role, there's still a bit of a window. Not much of one, but I wouldn't say it's out of the question.

~M~
                  meh whatever people will complain regardless.

Comment

I thought Booster was already down on his luck in the future and stole a bunch of superhero stuff from a museum he worked in and traveled back in time to be a hero? I could see him being that version, as nothing in tv or the films sticks THAT close to what was originally in the comics. I think the origin I'm thinking of was on Batman B&B.

Fillion is probably just coming to grips with never being a live action Hal and trying to find another hero to become. Throw a streak in his hair and he could be the Jason Blood half of the Demon Etrigan, put him in blue make-up and he could play Blue Devil, or even a chrome skin tone for Capt. Atom. There's still a lot of characters he could still play, I think he just relates to the humor Booster brings to the table.

~M~
                    Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
                    people wanted him in a comic role for many years now he expresses interest and now you are saying hes to old?

i swear fanboys can never make up there minds

Yes, because I clearly represent the ever-changing mind of the majority of fanboys.

Let me be perfectly clear: I don't love Nathan Fillion as an actor. I didn't like Firefly, Castle is dumb, and I've never even see Dr. Horrible all the way through. Now, this doesn't mean I don't think he can act, but the projects he's been associated with have never been something I was ever crazy about. If he could've had a shot at Booster or Hal in his younger days, he might've made something of it, but that's not the world we live in. Not to mention that Fillion was THE FAN-CAST #1 PICK for Hal Jordan for YEARS after Firefly ended, and in fact I'm pretty sure it was Heide that chose him for his own Hal Jordan for Green Lantern, or perhaps it was another project...

Either way, I've said it before, I'll say it again: He's too old. Now, M's idea for Jason Blood, Blue Devil, or Captain Atom, all of those I could get behind, even if those roles would be a bit more dour than Fillion's typical fare. Plus, they aren't major characters, and I don't care for Fillion to take up the mantle of any popular hero I care about when there are so many others who could do the role better now, which there are dozens.

You want Booster Gold? Here's Armie Hammer:

Comment

Either way, I've said it before, I'll say it again: He's too old. Now, M's idea for Jason Blood, Blue Devil, or Captain Atom, all of those I could get behind, even if those roles would be a bit more dour than Fillion's typical fare. Plus, they aren't major characters, and I don't care for Fillion to take up the mantle of any popular hero I care about when there are so many others who could do the role better now, which there are dozens.
                      wile i agree nathan fillion is highly over rated i was just pointing out to the hardcore dick suckers of his that some will love it wile the others in that category will hate it simply because they think they know what hes perfect for.

i look at it like take what you can get kinda like the ww casting. is gal gadot my choice? no but in the end we are getting a ww film and her inclusion in next years big event film batman v superman so im giving her a chance simply because i cant change the studios mind . people need to look at the possitives instead of always being negative if something didnt go there way

Comment

• Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
                        wile i agree nathan fillion is highly over rated i was just pointing out to the hardcore dick suckers of his that some will love it wile the others in that category will hate it simply because they think they know what hes perfect for.

i look at it like take what you can get kinda like the ww casting. is gal gadot my choice? no but in the end we are getting a ww film and her inclusion in next years big event film batman v superman. people need to look at the possitives instead of always being negative if something didnt go there way

I maybe wouldn't go that far, seeing as how that feels like compromise. I don't want compromise in my superhero films. I know that it happens, but I want the best possible actor or actress to get the role. I'm withholding judgment on Gadot until I see the film(s) she's in, but I will not compromise and I say I'm okay with Fillion getting Booster.

Comment

I maybe wouldn't go that far, seeing as how that feels like compromise. I don't want compromise in my superhero films. I know that it happens, but I want the best possible actor or actress to get the role. I'm withholding judgment on Gadot until I see the film(s) she's in, but I will not compromise and I say I'm okay with Fillion getting Booster.
                          i personally dont care for booster gold either way so i just think if they do bring him in do it in legends of tomorrow

Comment

• If Booster is just a background player in the DCCU Fillion could still play him though. Not a giant role or anything, just a few lines here and there, popping up on a billboard or something maybe.

Fillion is one of those guys people are divided on in terms of how great an actor he is. While I don't think he's top of the list, he's certainly not a bad actor either and he seems to have friends in all the right places. Fortunately 90% of DC's heroes are 3rd and 4th string if they're not associated with the big guns of the League or the sidekicks in the Titans. I could just as well see Fillion playing Adam Strange, STRIPE to a younger actresses' Stargirl, or even a villain like Metallo. Shade the Changing Man in a JLDark movie even...

~M~

Comment

If Booster is just a background player in the DCCU Fillion could still play him though. Not a giant role or anything, just a few lines here and there, popping up on a billboard or something maybe.

Fillion is one of those guys people are divided on in terms of how great an actor he is. While I don't think he's top of the list, he's certainly not a bad actor either and he seems to have friends in all the right places. Fortunately 90% of DC's heroes are 3rd and 4th string if they're not associated with the big guns of the League or the sidekicks in the Titans. I could just as well see Fillion playing Adam Strange, STRIPE to a younger actresses' Stargirl, or even a villain like Metallo. Shade the Changing Man in a JLDark movie even...

~M~

You give the man way too much credit for someone who doesn't see him as A-list. Even still, I don't see him as Booster Gold, not if we're going origin, and even then there are still a bunch of better actors to choose from that you could milk franchise potential from if we didn't go the origin route.

So, it would seem that we've reached an impasse.

Comment

• I don't think Booster at the height of his popularity is a good enough character for a solo movie or tv series. So that probably has us at different corners of the argument anyway. LOL

I also don't think Fillion in the role of a hero is enough to carry anything on his own. Booster would fit for me anyway because he's always a background player.

EDIT: As for giving the man credit, I recognize he has his own fanbase. I enjoyed Firefly, don't much care for Castle, and everything else I've seen him in has been small parts. Firefly is the ONLY thing I could give him credit for, but even that was an ensemble cast and he couldn't have carried the series on his own.

~M~
                                Ωmega Man
                                Guardian of the Universe
                                Last edited by Ωmega Man; 08-23-2015, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X