Post a Pic of the last thing you purchased Vol. 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MP-05 View Post
    What are each of your favorite movie scores? I have quite a lot myself, but nowhere near what robojac has.
    My favorite film composer is Ennio Morricone, who is best known for his work with Italian director Sergio Leone, but who has also worked with Brian de Palma, Quentin Tarantino, John Carpenter and countless others.

My favorite single theme of his is the one from Two Mules for Sister Sara.

+ YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

But my favorite whole score is either for Once Upon a Time in America or, more likely, Once Upon a Time in the West.

+ YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video

Outside of Morricone, I like John Williams as much as the next guy. I also love the music from The Godfather, Lawrence of Arabia, and The Third Man.
    Space Cop
    The Dandy
    Last edited by Space Cop; 01-24-2016, 05:19 PM.

Comment

• /\ NICE.

Comment

• Now, on this snowed-in day, you got me started (bad Doom) and I'll keep thinking of things I missed. Here's more contenders for my top spot. Depending on the mood you catch me in, I might pick any of these as easily as the Morricone:

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

(this last one technically has some words in it, so it could be considered a song, but it's definitely part of the score)

Comment

• It's cool. My #1 has a few spoken passages from the movie as well.

And I love being "Bad Doom". Haha

Comment

It's cool. My #1 has a few spoken passages from the movie as well. . .
            What's your #1?

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
              What's your #1?
              Tell me if this surprises you:

The soundtrack to Hannibal by Zimmer.

Ouch! I can't believe I spelled his name wrong.
              Jeff
              Guardian of the Universe
              Last edited by Jeff; 01-24-2016, 10:01 PM.

Comment

• Not surprised, but I don't know if I would have guessed it. I like Zimmer too.
                Space Cop
                The Dandy
                Last edited by Space Cop; 01-24-2016, 08:58 PM.

Comment

What are each of your favorite movie scores? I have quite a lot myself, but nowhere near what robojac has.
                  That's a tough question for me to answer. It's hard for me to narrow down because I'm a fan of a lot of film composers. Since I just brought a Michael Kamen score, I'll say his scores for the Die Hard Trilogy and the Lethal Weapon Quadrilogy(sp?) for now.

Comment

Ouch! I can't believe I spelled his name wrong.
                    I did too when I first responded but then I looked up the music and it came up. I thought it best to silently (at the time) correct it. I get the mistake, though. Zimmerman is a pretty common name, especially after the Trayvon Martin shooting. I still haven't gotten over the time I referred to the Tale of Two Cities quote as being from Great Expectations in a response to one of your posts; an error compounded not only by my having majored in literature but in claiming Dickens as my favorite novelist.
                    Space Cop
                    The Dandy
                    Last edited by Space Cop; 01-25-2016, 03:54 AM.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by robojac View Post
                        That's a tough question for me to answer. It's hard for me to narrow down because I'm a fan of a lot of film composers. Since I just brought a Michael Kamen score, I'll say his scores for the Die Hard Trilogy and the Lethal Weapon Quadrilogy(sp?) for now.
                        I really enjoyed what Kamen did with Metallica.

Comment

• Another local library sale netted:

Usually I only find one or two ST books, but this time there must have been 200 or so. I held back because (1) I didn't have much cash left; (2) I still haven't made a list of all the books I already have.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                            Another local library sale netted:

Usually I only find one or two ST books, but this time there must have been 200 or so. I held back because (1) I didn't have much cash left; (2) I still haven't made a list of all the books I already have.
                            I love that book by Oates, amazing writer. I bought this today, and I'm psyched about reading!:

Comment

• Originally posted by KilowogsDisciple View Post
                              I love that book by Oates, amazing writer. I bought this today, and I'm psyched about reading!:

I loved that series A LOT. Enjoy.

My first Teen Titans read, here goes. . .

Comment

• Originally posted by KilowogsDisciple View Post
                                I love that book by Oates, amazing writer. . .
                                You recommend it then? That's great. One of the goals for this year's 2016 Reading Challenge is a book recommended by someone you just met and since you're new here, that just may have to do.

I've read and liked other Oates' books, so it sounds good.
                                Space Cop
                                The Dandy
                                Last edited by Space Cop; 01-31-2016, 03:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X